(melodic techno) Precursor to the Immersive

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
sudio

28 Aug 2021

I think my tracks are slowly getting better -what dou you think?

Feedback is very welcome !

Rising Night Wave

28 Aug 2021

i do not know your previous songs but this song has okey start and great start evolving. it is nice track you have done. i like it. calm techno. very well done.
i am listening now this song on my studio reference headphones and i must say it sounds pretty okey.
only at 2:34 song losses tension of hardness from befre of that point. it became a bit too mellow if i may say so. but this is your song and you wanted to say something with it. so... i shall stick to the technical side of song. it's okay. everything works more or less fine. it is well balanced song. levels are okay. synth sounds work together well.

i do not know what else to say. atm i am a bit tired. sorry for that. perhaps i should do a review next time or at least tomorrow but i think i said enough.

nice song overall. i like it.

thumbs up.

ps: end is also great. hehe. i do not know. i hope you won't be upset or disappointedor affected: the middle part from 2:34 on and till around 4:50 song is like that that i do not like that part. - i do not like that middle part. but this is just my oppinion. as i said this is your story and i think i must stick to the technical part not social part (meaning, expression, message) of song. ... okey, enough of that. song is cool, you know.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

PhillipOrdonez

28 Aug 2021

Sounds good. I would do something to the parts like at 3:30 where the bass plays mostly alone with the drums? I would do something to that bass so it doesn't sound so trancey. I would first filter it down, is that doesn't work, I would think about changing the synth or the pattern. But that's me. The song works well for the genre, if not a bit cliché-y.

I also didn't like the organ like pluck at around 4 minutes in. This music should be darker, that particular sound makes it sound cheesy, like the trance bass, in my humble, elitist opinion 😂

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Aug 2021

I like this track there are really really neat ideas here. I think in the first break it would benefit from a bit more width and tension as I think it could build up a bit more but other that i like everything else.

sudio

29 Aug 2021

Thanks a lot guys ! Thnaks very much for the feedback and ideas.
Working quite long on a track and my objectivity is gone, you know. Gives me a good feeling that basic ideas seem to have worked out and your feedback drives the impulse to improove. Thumbs up!

PhillipOrdonez

29 Aug 2021

Whenever you lose objectivity by working long on a project, the best is to forget about it for a week or two and work on other tracks. Always have a bunch of projects at different levels so you can hop between them, that way it always stays fresh. Do this enough and at some point you'll be able to finish a song very quickly on one or two sessions and that way the objectivity problem is no longer an issue.

• Information