Scale in the piano roll

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Kilsane

26 Aug 2021

Hello,

Would it be possible to implement the scales in the Roll piano (as is done on FL and Ableton) with the addition of the possibility of creating our own scales in script form (this would allow you to include the most common scales and if we want more exotic ranges we would just have to create a script)

Edit: The script could be just a text file with the name of the scale and just contain the note intervals
Attachments
Scales.PNG
Scales.PNG (84.8 KiB) Viewed 1445 times

Loque

26 Aug 2021

Well, this was requested quite a few times here and there also came ideas like Addins/Plugins for the sequencer and editor.

Feel free to make a feature request at RS:
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Reason12, Win10

deigm

26 Aug 2021

Would be nice

Billy+

26 Aug 2021

I use the multi view to do exactly what you want.

Create the scale in lane 1, drag it out for 4 or 8 bars
Create a new midi track and make sure multi view is enabled so that you can see the scale draw behind it.

Been doing this since multi view feature was added.
The only thing you need to remember is to draw the notes in blank space and drag into the correct position.

Not the simplest solution but it works perfectly well for me.
Hope this helps.

Kilsane

26 Aug 2021

Loque wrote:
26 Aug 2021
Well, this was requested quite a few times here and there also came ideas like Addins/Plugins for the sequencer and editor.

Feel free to make a feature request at RS:
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
I did, thanks for the info

Kilsane

26 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
26 Aug 2021

Create a new midi track and make sure multi view is enabled so that you can see the scale draw behind it.

The only thing you need to remember is to draw the notes in blank space and drag into the correct position.

Hope this helps.
I know this trick of misuse, but I would prefer something better integrated and which will bring a bit of added value to Reason compared to what the competition offers,
hence my idea of ​​being able to integrate our own ranges rather than be limited to what the sequencer offers

Billy+

26 Aug 2021

Kilsane wrote:
26 Aug 2021
Billy+ wrote:
26 Aug 2021

Hope this helps.
I know this trick of misuse, but I would prefer something better integrated and which will bring a bit of added value to Reason compared to what the competition offers,
hence my idea of ​​being able to integrate our own ranges rather than be limited to what the sequencer offers
I agree that a better solution should be available but as with many things in Reason this is my current work around solution. You can also use scales & chords with filtering turned on and chords turned off allowing you to draw in the scale as well along with custom scales.

But there's definitely room for a simpler option ;)

STIM

27 Aug 2021

Yes I think after the high-res and new sampler we are getting in 12, this is my most wanted feature.

Loque

27 Aug 2021

STIM wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Yes I think after the high-res and new sampler we are getting in 12, this is my most wanted feature.
Dont forget the browser improvement, which makes the search finally fast enough to make it useable.
Reason12, Win10

thedude

27 Aug 2021

yeah, this would be nice. right now, i've been composing by selecting scale in poly step sequencer and sending to track.

aeox
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2021

Loque wrote:
27 Aug 2021
STIM wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Dont forget the browser improvement, which makes the search finally fast enough to make it useable.
It's really fast in R12

Liimusic

26 Sep 2021

100 + and update the chord & scale player to something like chordjam.

• Information