Very low hype

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
TheMiles

24 Aug 2021

I was lucky to see a youtube Vid about the new combinator (wich was deleted meanwhile) and, without saying too much, I really liked what i saw. IMO the most important and biggest new feature for Reason in a long time :)

DJMaytag

24 Aug 2021

DaveyG wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Well it is not properly released yet. Subscribers get early access to some of it, at present HD and Mimic, but I expect them to see the Combinator before release day, assumed to be Sept 1. Beta testers are already playing with the combi but cannot discuss it outside of the Beta forum.
For what Combinator 2 is capable of, I'd upgrade to 12 from 10 on day 1, no questions asked. Anything else it adds is simply gravy.

I would seriously doubt that Combi2 is ready for R+ people yet. That's all I can say about it thus far.

Creativemind

24 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Eusantis wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Believe me, I do pay attention. Is there anything about the new Combinator, one week from launch, (supposed) to be known, if you are not a beta tester or subscriber? Please, if so, tell me where, let me see that I am wrong, and I will rectify.
First off you really shouldn't play with bbcode if you're not sure what your doing!

Now getting to the CMBv2, I could give you some information about it buy joey has ruled that it's not ok to talk about leaks or post pictures and videos so I can't give any specifics.

What I will say is that you're definitely going to see a whole host of new setups created using it along with stock devices which would never had been possible before ;)

It's bigger
It's smaller
It has less knobs but more sliders
Or more knobs and sliders
Oh and the cv options are interesting
It has it own mmmmm

Anyway wait a week and all will become clear as us mear morals have been warned.
They've changed that Combinator and it may be cool for some with more functionality but quite honestly, I prefer the old one and I will be messaging them to ask they don't replace the old one and include them both. I am open to have my mind changed though and I'm sure there will be a stream next week showing it off.

To the OP - yeah it only just occurred to me (on reading this thread) that there's been no promo vid. That is very unusual and the first time I've known it since I first bought Reason in 2012, nearly 6 versions ago.

To those saying there's never been a promo vid, yes there has, all be it an outline but about a month before release with the announcement that if you upgrade now from any version, the new version when released will be free for you.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

PhillipOrdonez

24 Aug 2021

You too? Reason 12 isn't officially out yet, they've never made a video about any feature or even mentioned any feature before release day, and this time we've had a list of features and a couple of videos from them already about the features...

Why are people asking for things they already have? Is this because they're used to having the feature list (on day of release) and the video accompanying it at the same time that they can't fathom a feature being announced without all the "hype" immediately available and so that makes them think they aren't making enough "hype" yet?😂 I'm dumbfounded by this thread. 🙄

QVprod

24 Aug 2021

Creativemind wrote:
24 Aug 2021

To the OP - yeah it only just occurred to me (on reading this thread) that there's been no promo vid. That is very unusual and the first time I've known it since I first bought Reason in 2012, nearly 6 versions ago.

To those saying there's never been a promo vid, yes there has, all be it an outline but about a month before release with the announcement that if you upgrade now from any version, the new version when released will be free for you.
You mean like this?

helmutson

25 Aug 2021

As it mentioned before, R12 is de facto out and available, Combinator2 not. Thats it !
I hope they fix this ugly hi-res/lo-res mix problem asap, that keeps me away from R12at the moment ... ah and M1 native support please.

jaeproduced

25 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Apparently the hype is so low it's creating so much anticipation and hype such as this thread 🤔 :lol:

Businesses will have to rethink their hype approach...

"Listen up everybody, so the marketing department has this idea... instead of creating hype for the product, we create hype for the hype by not doing a thing. These kids are on their doo-dads talking about our products more than we do. Just let them hype themselves."
Correct, you don't stay in business for 20years by talking/marketing too much...It's all part of the plan.

Creativemind

25 Aug 2021

QVprod wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Creativemind wrote:
24 Aug 2021

You mean like this?

Kind of. That's just Ryan talking about some devices coming in 12 and saying Reason+ will get them early, not an actual fully finished edited together promo video like they used to do showcasing not just devices but what features are coming within the Reason daw itself too.

guitfnky

25 Aug 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
24 Aug 2021
You too? Reason 12 isn't officially out yet, they've never made a video about any feature or even mentioned any feature before release day, and this time we've had a list of features and a couple of videos from them already about the features...

Why are people asking for things they already have? Is this because they're used to having the feature list (on day of release) and the video accompanying it at the same time that they can't fathom a feature being announced without all the "hype" immediately available and so that makes them think they aren't making enough "hype" yet?😂 I'm dumbfounded by this thread. 🙄
that's a bit of a stretch, IMO. they've put up announcement videos ahead of release before, and by definition that means they're announcing features--even if usually only in a vague/general sense (e.g. we're getting a wavetable synth).

the OP's point (I think) is less about videos, and more about their marketing approach--just used the video thing as an example.

I don't fault RS for trying something new, but I kinda agree the way they're rolling this all out in a drip feed of marketing and content makes for a kinda boring run up to release date. then again, the features this time are so underwhelming to me that maybe my perception's just clouded. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

QVprod

25 Aug 2021

Creativemind wrote:
25 Aug 2021
QVprod wrote:
24 Aug 2021

You mean like this?

Kind of. That's just Ryan talking about some devices coming in 12 and saying Reason+ will get them early, not an actual fully finished edited together promo video like they used to do showcasing not just devices but what features are coming within the Reason daw itself too.
They literally outlined all of the features in 2 video. Combinator 2 is the only thing they haven’t shown in detail. It releases next week. I took a look back and you’re right, it’s different, but what more could you want? OP is talking about “no hype” when people have been talking about Reason 12 since May. That’s a full 3 months of chatter before a release.

guitfnky

25 Aug 2021

QVprod wrote:
25 Aug 2021
Creativemind wrote:
25 Aug 2021

They literally outlined all of the features in 2 video. Combinator 2 is the only thing they haven’t shown in detail. It releases next week. I took a look back and you’re right, it’s different, but what more could you want? OP is talking about “no hype” when people have been talking about Reason 12 since May. That’s a full 3 months of chatter before a release.
chatter is not excitement.

QVprod

25 Aug 2021

guitfnky wrote:
25 Aug 2021
QVprod wrote:
25 Aug 2021

You mean to tell me that absolutely no one has been excited in all the chatter? Your personal excitement is based off what’s included in the upgrade, that doesn't disappear just because the time frame is a little bit longer. People are hype for video games announced several years before they’re even finished….

guitfnky

25 Aug 2021

QVprod wrote:
25 Aug 2021
guitfnky wrote:
25 Aug 2021

You mean to tell me that absolutely no one has been excited in all the chatter? Your personal excitement is based off what’s included in the upgrade, that doesn't disappear just because the time frame is a little bit longer. People are hype for video games announced several years before they’re even finished….
of course there is some excitement—just doesn’t seem to be as much as there has been with past releases, that’s all.

QVprod

25 Aug 2021

guitfnky wrote:
25 Aug 2021
QVprod wrote:
25 Aug 2021

of course there is some excitement—just doesn’t seem to be as much as there has been with past releases, that’s all.
Give it a week :lol: We’ll have half the people raving about combi 2 and then the usual crowd prophesying the demise of Reason Studios per usual. Plenty of hype to be had!

guitfnky

25 Aug 2021

QVprod wrote:
25 Aug 2021
guitfnky wrote:
25 Aug 2021

Give it a week :lol: We’ll have half the people raving about combi 2 and then the usual crowd prophesying the demise of Reason Studios per usual. Plenty of hype to be had!
on this, we agree. 😆

avasopht
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2021

Haven't people been slating them in this forum for all the hyped releases these last few years?

#YouCannotWin

Creativemind

25 Aug 2021

QVprod wrote:
25 Aug 2021
Creativemind wrote:
25 Aug 2021

No, hasn't outlined Reason 12 feature's for the daw for one, so everything in Reason 12 has not been advertised in a promo vid.

selig
RE Developer

25 Aug 2021

avasopht wrote:
25 Aug 2021
Haven't people been slating them in this forum for all the hyped releases these last few years?

#YouCannotWin
That’s what I was going to say - but maybe I’m just not a fan of hype… 🤪
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2021

selig wrote:
25 Aug 2021
avasopht wrote:
25 Aug 2021

#YouCannotWin
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

25 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
25 Aug 2021
:clap: :thumbup: :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

25 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
25 Aug 2021
selig wrote:
25 Aug 2021

first band i seen live
first time they came to Barrowlands Glasgow must have been 1989/90
they hyped up the crowd with poll tax stuff and they were awesome PE No1!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2021

VariableX wrote:
25 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
25 Aug 2021

first band i seen live
first time they came to Barrowlands Glasgow must have been 1989/90
they hyped up the crowd with poll tax stuff and they were awesome PE No1!
1990 in Glasgow was the best. Subclub open to 5 in the morning?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

QVprod

25 Aug 2021

Creativemind wrote:
25 Aug 2021
QVprod wrote:
25 Aug 2021

No, hasn't outlined Reason 12 feature's for the daw for one, so everything in Reason 12 has not been advertised in a promo vid.
Could it be that there’s not much else to show? They said what the primary new feature are already. So you’re saying because you haven’t seen what you want to see, there’s more? What, are they supposed to make big emphasis on small things like Regroove having a new skin?

joeyluck

25 Aug 2021

I remember when Reason 8 was announced and they mentioned that you could then drag and drop patches into the browser, "leaving the rack entirely out of view" and some users were upset having the notion that the rack was being phased out lol. Then they put a strong focus on the rack saying that the rack has always been the center of Reason, and then some users say they are ditching the sequencer and the DAW :lol:

guitfnky

25 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
25 Aug 2021
I remember when Reason 8 was announced and they mentioned that you could then drag and drop patches into the browser, "leaving the rack entirely out of view" and some users were upset having the notion that the rack was being phased out lol. Then they put a strong focus on the rack saying that the rack has always been the center of Reason, and then some users say they are ditching the sequencer and the DAW :lol:
aside from a laughably small number of quality of life improvements in Reason 11, what have they done in the last few years to make anyone think they still care about the DAW?

there’s a good reason people are worried about it.

• Information