(Chill) Pals

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
strangers
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2021

Coming in with a new song to always remember the good times.

Everything was done within Reason. As always, I'm open to any and all likes, dislikes, comments, criticism, etc.

Enjoy.

Auryn

19 Aug 2021

Hey man, hope everything's going OK. I really enjoyed this track. Drum programming is great and I also really like the bendy synth leads you used. It's a pity the shuffled bit at the end isn't a bit longer!
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

strangers
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2021

Auryn wrote:
19 Aug 2021
Hey man, hope everything's going OK. I really enjoyed this track. Drum programming is great and I also really like the bendy synth leads you used. It's a pity the shuffled bit at the end isn't a bit longer!
Thanks! Experienced some inevitable losses (non-COVID related) that everyone has to unfortunately go through. Music's always been a good outlet for me. This song was for anyone who has/will experience a loss. Keep above by the rough times by thinking of the good times. That was the story behind this song.

The shuffled beat was originally longer and ultimately went with the drum fadeout to keep the mood going. Glad you liked it. I've got some totally different stuff in the works as I'm sure you've got some good stuff to come soon, right?

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2021

This is a cool track and I would echo the above comments about the drum programming as it's really good. Not my style of music but very enjoyable. Only comment is I would like it to be longer but I can always put it on repeat to hear more.

strangers
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2021

Popey wrote:
24 Aug 2021
This is a cool track and I would echo the above comments about the drum programming as it's really good. Not my style of music but very enjoyable. Only comment is I would like it to be longer but I can always put it on repeat to hear more.
Thanks for the feedbackI take it my finger drumming has been improving lol. I'll typically finger drum using an acoustic kit, layer elements from an electronic kit and then make edits along the way as the song progresses. As for song length, I tend to overdue things and have been making an effort to keep things shorter than usual. It's a struggle to find a good balance of not too long, not too short but just right.

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2021

strangers wrote:
26 Aug 2021
Popey wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Thanks for the feedbackI take it my finger drumming has been improving lol. I'll typically finger drum using an acoustic kit, layer elements from an electronic kit and then make edits along the way as the song progresses. As for song length, I tend to overdue things and have been making an effort to keep things shorter than usual. It's a struggle to find a good balance of not too long, not too short but just right.
You finger drummed that in !!!! That is quality. Seen a few videos of people doing that online and it always looked cool.

integerpoet

27 Aug 2021

I enjoyed the way you "flavored" the kick with bass, but not in a typical tedious 808 way.

strangers
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2021

Popey wrote:
26 Aug 2021
You finger drummed that in !!!! That is quality. Seen a few videos of people doing that online and it always looked cool.
I used to play drums here and there and already have a really annoying habit of tapping on things throughout the day. Finger drumming is naturally fun for me. I'd much prefer it over mapping hits out one by one. The added perk is you get a better idea of drum mapping if/when you need to since you have a feel for what can and can't be played at the same time. Give it a go. You might be surprised at the results.
integerpoet wrote:
27 Aug 2021
I enjoyed the way you "flavored" the kick with bass, but not in a typical tedious 808 way.
Good catch and glad to hear it worked out well. I wanted a more in the pocket bass to go along with the drums otherwise the bass would have been too distracting.

Popey
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2021

strangers wrote:
30 Aug 2021
Popey wrote:
26 Aug 2021
I used to play drums here and there and already have a really annoying habit of tapping on things throughout the day. Finger drumming is naturally fun for me. I'd much prefer it over mapping hits out one by one. The added perk is you get a better idea of drum mapping if/when you need to since you have a feel for what can and can't be played at the same time. Give it a go. You might be surprised at the results.
integerpoet wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Good catch and glad to hear it worked out well. I wanted a more in the pocket bass to go along with the drums otherwise the bass would have been too distracting.
I have some pads on my midi keyboard so I may give it another go. I actually tried once before but my timing was so sloppy i had to then quantise and move most of my drum hits to make them sound ok. To me this defeated the object of creating my own groove naturally so have stuck with programming hits and just moving midi about to add groove to different elements. People on you tube make this look so easy but it is not so respect those that can. It was fun when I tried so will probably give this a go again and see if I can do a better job.

• Information