Suggestion - ReasonTalk Archive of RE User Manuals

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
DaveyG

20 Aug 2021

This suggestion was triggered by the recent thread about Pump RE having been removed from the shop.

Every time an RE is removed from the shop the product page is deleted. That product page often has a downloadable user manual for the RE, which is then not accessible to people who already own the RE. In a perfect world we would all download and carefully store manuals when we buy an RE but I suspect most of us do not. We've had a few threads in the past with people asking others for copies of manuals.

I'm wondering if ReasonTalk should maintain an archive of RE manuals to cover this scenario.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2021

DaveyG wrote:
20 Aug 2021
This suggestion was triggered by the recent thread about Pump RE having been removed from the shop.

Every time an RE is removed from the shop the product page is deleted. That product page often has a downloadable user manual for the RE, which is then not accessible to people who already own the RE. In a perfect world we would all download and carefully store manuals when we buy an RE but I suspect most of us do not. We've had a few threads in the past with people asking others for copies of manuals.

I'm wondering if ReasonTalk should maintain an archive of RE manuals to cover this scenario.
Already on the go...
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7520603&hilit=RE+manuals&start=25
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

20 Aug 2021

RS started one a few months back but haven't included much

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... umentation

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
20 Aug 2021

It's only their own ones.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

20 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2021
Billy+ wrote:
20 Aug 2021

Yeah I can see that, but it would be nice if they included all the manuals as they must have them and know when they discontinued the device.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
20 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2021

Yeah I can see that, but it would be nice if they included all the manuals as they must have them and know when they discontinued the device.
Well...like I said above, work in progress...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7520603&hilit=RE+manuals&start=25
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

20 Aug 2021

It's a good spot that the stuff is available on Reasonistas site. The only problem is that since they reworked the site to be all funky and groovy and interactive is that it is very unreliable for me. It won't work at all on my phone, it quite often "stalls" on my desktop and laptop (on both Chrome and Edge) so the only thing I can reliably view it on is the iPad.

I looked up Pump on there and I got half a bitmap of Pump and about 5 inches of whitespace underneath it. A couple of retries later and it showed OK but it's not a site I spend much time on these days. Still, if I was desperate for a manual I guess I would persevere, or use the iPad and then swear at iCloud when I transfer it across. Technology - gotta love it.

I still think there is a case for a simple archive of manuals on ReasonTalk or on the RS site but it is only a suggestion.

motuscott

20 Aug 2021

I know you fellas are tired of hearing from me but I subscribed to RTFM from the get go.
Central location for docs would be nice. Reason Op Manual is still a standout for how this sort of thing should be written.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Loque

20 Aug 2021

See here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7520649

For now i only move it again to website suggestions
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

20 Aug 2021

If anybody wants a simpler solution and wants to create a Google Drive folder (or similar) and collect manuals there, I think that would be best. There are A LOT of REs though and you also have to account for changes with updates... Tracking down and just keeping an archive of discontinued REs might be easier. And then create a thread, similar to those ones that pop every now and then warning you to back up your work, but instead to recommend that everybody download the manual for any plugins you purchase.

• Information