CV Tool Bundle by Tonicmint soon...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
w1pl0c

27 Apr 2021

DJMaytag wrote:
26 Apr 2021
Vil wrote:
26 Apr 2021
btw thank you guys, good to read there are many of you who play with cvs and find my tools useful..
Unique tools like this aren't just useful. These are the sort of things that make Reason so special and FUN. IMHO, there's no money in 1:1 ports of existing VST's to the RE format (just buy the VST!), but there ought to be a a decent amount of sales in tools like this that really can't exist as a VST. At least for me, that's where I am spending the bulk of money right now, on CV tools.
What other CV tools ya got?

mjxl

27 Apr 2021

Vil wrote:
26 Apr 2021
mjxl wrote:
25 Apr 2021
@Vil: any chance that you could add CV inputs on the back of Pistons, to control all the parameters from there?!
That would be great imho, was messing around with it a bit today, and came accross the combinators limitations once again. (The list is too short lol)

Otherwise I will have to resolve to MIDI I guess :)
This is a design decision, to keep this device simple and easy understandable... (as possible... :) )
Aww :(

Hope at some point you change your mind then, anything I can do to speeden up this process?? ;P
I kind of agree that it would maybe become a bit cluttered though, but I see CV (and CV people I guess) as something that shouldn't be limited by design!
Put a box of Lego's in front of 6 y/o me, with a bunch of booklets from the models that should be there, and I'd build a friggin spacecraft out of a bunch of cars/pirate boats/castles :P

Sterioevo

27 Apr 2021

I have a slightly different understanding of "by design", and it doesn't exclude existing available pathways - this is a missed opportunity imho.

Happy bundle customer none the less.

challism

27 Apr 2021

mjxl wrote:
27 Apr 2021
Vil wrote:
26 Apr 2021

This is a design decision, to keep this device simple and easy understandable... (as possible... :) )
I kind of agree that it would maybe become a bit cluttered though, but I see CV (and CV people I guess) as something that shouldn't be limited by design!
Especially on a device that is a CV tool. I'm kind of surprised by the lack of CV inputs, to be honest. It would be cool to see CV inputs added in the future.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Vil
RE Developer

28 Apr 2021

OK, OK, sooner or later I'll find the way how can I do this in a right way, and I hope I also find some free time for this.... :))))

Skrock
RE Developer

28 Apr 2021

Vil wrote:
19 Mar 2021
Hello Guys,

Today new CV tools will arrive to the shop by Tonicmint.
But please do not rush to buy, because it will be available in a bundle in a few days.

I hope these tools will be useful for every CV lover...

And as always, please try befor buy :)

Hey Tonicmint, cool to see more CV tools out there! I'll be sure to check em' out and thanks for bringing more to Reason :)
https://www.skrockmusic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/derekstrike
https://soundcloud.com/marcusbits
I make music in Reason using using Skrock synths and the creative tools from other developers!

challism

30 Apr 2021

I'm currently trialing PIstons. I really really want to like it. But I'm having a hard time getting anything that I like out of it. I'm sure it's 100% my fault and I'm missing something. The included patches didn't really help me much either. And neither did the videos on the shop page. I was hoping some of my fellow Reason users could post some inspiring combis of Piston uses you have made. I would love to see what you have done with it.

Thanks in advance.

Dionisio

30 Apr 2021

Great tools!! It would be nice add this bundle to the Rent-to-own catalogue...

challism

06 May 2021

So I think I'm starting to get some interesting uses out of Pistons. I decided to try Pistons feeding into 8 different Toms via Kong's gate(s) in. Then I decided to run the gate(s) out into a MIDI CV Converter (MCC), which creates a feedback loop of MIDI notes. So I have a Pulsar switching the MCC on/off. Kind of a fun Combi to play around with... figured I would share it here.
pistons&midicvconv.zip
(5.95 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
This Combi has some random velocity variation. I think both of these patches sound better with MCC's mono/poly switch (on the back side) turned to mono.
pistons&mcc velocity.zip
(6.49 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

mjxl

08 May 2021

Vil wrote:
28 Apr 2021
OK, OK, sooner or later I'll find the way how can I do this in a right way, and I hope I also find some free time for this.... :))))
Very cool !
Note that this question basically resolves from the combinator only having 10 slots, it's can't modulate all of the parameters.
(the combinator really only needs an upgrade in the amount of slots available in the router imho)

It's such a brilliant device, though. Slapping it in a combinator, then modulating all the waveform parameters is mental.
The shapes ranging from squares, saws, triangles, pulses gives really interesting results on a lot of devices D:

bidaar

09 May 2021

Guys Im going crazy over this bundle ! eventho I have kron and Shape but I think this bundle is amazing and I gotta buy it , what yall think ? eventho I think Kron can do everything but its different :)) also , do yall think this whole bundle going to be discounted again in the may madness ? if theres even a may madness in the way . lol
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

phithegoldenratio

16 Aug 2021

Vil wrote:
31 Mar 2021
Thanks for the suggestions. Both is a great idea. If I have time.... :) (I also love Branches)
while on the fence of buying CV Tools bundle and reviewing this thread, and also since you have been discussing MI ports I would like to throw in the idea to have a RE version of GRIDS... :cool:
I know that 1) a bunch of people dislike the algo sequencers (too bad for them) and 2) we have BeatMap (which is great but Grids sounds more musical to me) but yeah.. anyway, that is what I have been dreaming of for a while... I am happy we have GRIDS in Ableton Live.

If it would come as RE, it would be insta-buy. But if it is only me who is doing so, that is not recommended, economy-wise :lol:

phithegoldenratio

16 Aug 2021

bidaar wrote:
09 May 2021
Guys Im going crazy over this bundle ! eventho I have kron and Shape but I think this bundle is amazing and I gotta buy it , what yall think ? eventho I think Kron can do everything but its different :)) also , do yall think this whole bundle going to be discounted again in the may madness ? if theres even a may madness in the way . lol
I think this bundle is discounted enough already = having such a fair price compared to the individual REs.. I would not hesitate to buy, considering you have enough to eat n drink around :lol:

Sterioevo

16 Aug 2021

Yes these tools are excellent.

Vil
RE Developer

16 Dec 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
31 Mar 2021
Do you take suggestions, to possibly make things like Euro modules in RE format? I'd love a Branches and some sort of sequential switch device.
maybe this?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... /cv-relay/

DJMaytag

16 Dec 2022

Vil wrote:
16 Dec 2022
DJMaytag wrote:
31 Mar 2021
Do you take suggestions, to possibly make things like Euro modules in RE format? I'd love a Branches and some sort of sequential switch device.
maybe this?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... /cv-relay/
No… DEFFINITELY THIS! That was an insta-buy, along with CV Response.

Vil
RE Developer

16 Dec 2022

DJMaytag wrote:
16 Dec 2022
No… DEFFINITELY THIS! That was an insta-buy, along with CV Response.
Thank you! ;) Enjoy them.

DJMaytag

16 Dec 2022

No problem. Keep developing modular tools like this!

doze

17 Dec 2022

Tonicmint, curious why your CV Contour never got an intro pricing? 8) Great REs.

Vil
RE Developer

17 Dec 2022

Ohh, yes... my last stuffs released near of this black friday/cyber weeks/holydayish season... and now I have lots of stuffs... and not so easy to manage... easy to forget... etc... ;)

doze

17 Dec 2022

Vil wrote:
17 Dec 2022
Ohh, yes... my last stuffs released near of this black friday/cyber weeks/holydayish season... and now I have lots of stuffs... and not so easy to manage... easy to forget... etc... ;)
Totally understandable.

Vil
RE Developer

20 Dec 2022

CVToolBundle_2_Cover_1300.png
CVToolBundle_2_Cover_1300.png (722.97 KiB) Viewed 1020 times

Maybe this is what are you waiting for?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... ol-bundle/

CV Tool Bundle upgrade availabe in the shop ;)

jam-s

20 Dec 2022

Wow, that's a great offer. Thank you very much!

DJMaytag

20 Dec 2022

Well, that works... after I already bought two of the new ones (or was the upgrade customized to what you already own?). Either way, I don't mind whatever it was I spent on these, as I want to support your efforts on tools like this!

Vil
RE Developer

20 Dec 2022

Sorry ;)

..but I think, when you made the previous purcheses you already become a happy CV xxx and CV yyy user... now you just win a littlebit less than others...

otherwise I tried to find the price and the upgrade price carefully... I hope this is still good for lots of you...

and of course, thanks for all of you for supporting my works! ;)

• Information