Spectra Song Challenge (Spectra is free)

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2021

My first experiment with Spectra.

Spectra, Evolution and Skrocks Reverb.

Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 23 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2021

modecca wrote:
22 Jul 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Jul 2021
I'm scared :shock: Very unsettling feel to this one. Glad you're back to showcase some of that Teflon imaginativeness. We need that over here.
Where's the footage from? Looks really cool.
The footage is from an excellent horror game, called Little Nightmares.
TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Jul 2021
Haven't had much time to explore Spectra yet. What's its biggest strength in your opinion?
Cool. :thumbs_up:
You should totally do a collab with Tina Turner. I'd pay to see the result of that. :-) I'm sure Bradley would like that too.
I'll write down Morpher and ZFO-2 on my REs-to-check-out list. ZFO-2 especially looks interesting. I don't want to waste my trials on them right now though, since the music I'm working on is very song oriented. Not much room for sound experimentation. Better to save it for another time when I'm looking for some new inspiration.

Gothi

24 Jul 2021

After checking this generous gift's potential, I think Tribe of Hofund is going to deliver a bid before deadline. If we can lose the Algoritm challenge, we can lose this one. Shall be an honor.

Proboscis

28 Jul 2021

Here is the results from my fooling around with Spectra.

4 Spectra tracks, accompanied by A-List Studio Drummer

I'm not a 'synth guy', so this was a departure from the norm.

modecca

30 Jul 2021

Proboscis wrote:
28 Jul 2021

I'm not a 'synth guy' and well i aint much of nuthin
oh wuts good raj... lovely hi hats
🔗💥

synthetechsound
RE Developer

02 Aug 2021

LOL. Nice to hear people using Spectra. Had to laugh watching one of the videos, I’m an American who now lives permanently in Australia. Hope that clears that up. Loving the songs and sounds.

modecca

02 Aug 2021

synthetechsound wrote:
02 Aug 2021
LOL. Nice to hear people using Spectra. Had to laugh watching one of the videos, I’m an American who now lives permanently in Australia. Hope that clears that up. Loving the songs and sounds.
oh there you are.png
oh there you are.png (891.31 KiB) Viewed 10090 times
🔗💥

Proboscis

03 Aug 2021

synthetechsound wrote:
02 Aug 2021
You are also welcome to contribute a song to this challenge ! Lay us with your best Spectra piece !

Thanks so much for the cool synth. I'm in no position these days to buy new toys for the rack, so this is an incredible and appreciated gesture.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Aug 2021

Proboscis wrote:
28 Jul 2021
Here is the results from my fooling around with Spectra.

4 Spectra tracks, accompanied by A-List Studio Drummer

I'm not a 'synth guy', so this was a departure from the norm.

Nice track :thumbs_up:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Aug 2021

My second little Spectra experiment. These Spectra bits aren't really made to be thought of as "songs". The mindset behind them is more like "Play around with Spectra for a while, don't overthink it and let's just see what happens".
The second part of the experiment besides using Spectra, is me basing the music on Players. I've used both Evolution and Beatmap to generate notes/rhythms for this bit. But as always whenever I use Players I alter what they give me. Still it's a new approach to song writing which is I find pretty interesting.

aeox
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2021

That's really great stuff... I'm also now interested in this game.
modecca wrote:
18 Jul 2021

PT.jpg

I was still hungry for some experimentation with this synth:

dusan.cani

08 Aug 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
06 Aug 2021
My second little Spectra experiment. These Spectra bits aren't really made to be thought of as "songs". The mindset behind them is more like "Play around with Spectra for a while, don't overthink it and let's just see what happens".
The second part of the experiment besides using Spectra, is me basing the music on Players. I've used both Evolution and Beatmap to generate notes/rhythms for this bit. But as always whenever I use Players I alter what they give me. Still it's a new approach to song writing which is I find pretty interesting.

Very nice ! I like this Spectra "bit" ! :thumbup: ...especially the bassline sounds good. Is it possible to download this ?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2021

dusan.cani wrote:
08 Aug 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
06 Aug 2021

Very nice ! I like this Spectra "bit" ! :thumbup: ...especially the bassline sounds good. Is it possible to download this ?
Thanks. I've changed it so that it should be downloadable now if you want to.
I suspect this track will only be up for a short while, maybe 1-2 months depending on how this threads engagement. After that I'll most likely remove it since I don't really consider it a full track.

modecca

09 Aug 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
23 Jul 2021

I really like the feel of this one and that spectral filter sweep at the end is heavenly.
🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Aug 2021

modecca wrote:
09 Aug 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
23 Jul 2021

I really like the feel of this one and that spectral filter sweep at the end is heavenly.
Thanks. Yes that's my favorite part of this piece too. The whole song is pretty much based around modulating the filter in that patch.

dusan.cani

10 Aug 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
09 Aug 2021
dusan.cani wrote:
08 Aug 2021

I suspect this track will only be up for a short while, maybe 1-2 months depending on how this threads engagement. After that I'll most likely remove it since I don't really consider it a full track.
Thank you, I've downloaded it now.
Is that bassline direct result of Spectra ? Or was there some FX processing ? If it's not a secret :puf_bigsmile:

avasopht
Competition Winner

10 Aug 2021

modecca wrote:
22 Jul 2021

This is too much!!!

Bruh!

I've slept on this for too long. How can I donate to the dev?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 Aug 2021

dusan.cani wrote:
10 Aug 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
09 Aug 2021

Thank you, I've downloaded it now.
Is that bassline direct result of Spectra ? Or was there some FX processing ? If it's not a secret :puf_bigsmile:
The bass is mostly Spectras own sound. There's a tiny bit of distortion, Disperser, compression and delay on it, but they don't really change the main character of the sound.

artmessiah

13 Aug 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
06 Aug 2021

Amazing examples. Your stuff is always top notch.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2021

artmessiah wrote:
13 Aug 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
06 Aug 2021

Amazing examples. Your stuff is always top notch.
Thank you. That's very kind of you. :puf_smile:

Mattvank

19 Aug 2021

Sound and User Interface in comparsion to that high level programming is one of the best you can get. Great job.
Why become it free?

zumBeispiel

20 Aug 2021

Mattvank wrote:
19 Aug 2021

Why become it free?

Spectra is now free

Quarmat
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2021

Hi there!

I am glad to submit my entry for this contest. Spectra is a capable synth and really deserves some love. I'd also want to thank its developer for removing the price tag on such a powerful and refined instrument.

Here's my track: 7 instances of Spectra, 1 Kong and 1 Mimic (sampling Spectra sounds), plus a bunch of effects (here you can see the rack).

I had great fun composing and I think I'll try to put some vocals on it later on.

Hope you enjoy it.

Have a nice day!

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2021

Quarmat wrote:
20 Aug 2021
Hi there!

I am glad to submit my entry for this contest. Spectra is a capable synth and really deserves some love. I'd also want to thank its developer for removing the price tag on such a powerful and refined instrument.

Here's my track: 7 instances of Spectra, 1 Kong and 1 Mimic (sampling Spectra sounds), plus a bunch of effects (here you can see the rack).

I had great fun composing and I think I'll try to put some vocals on it later on.

Hope you enjoy it.

Have a nice day!

Very unique sounds. Good job!

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2021

One track for two competitions: Spectra and Simon Peyron (https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/simo ... ix-contest)

I focused on guitar like sounds of Spectra using Guitar Rig 6.
4 instances of Spectra, some drum sounds from Reason's drum supply.

• Information