Melody is doing 5090 (Downtempo Acid)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Melody303

04 Jul 2021

I don't know if I'll go the full distance of writing 50 songs in the next 90 days, but it's possible.

Here's the first one. :)
https://melodyklein.bandcamp.com/track/naked
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

Melody303

05 Jul 2021

Today's song: Let's Pretend:

I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2021

Listened to "Lets' Pretend". Really cool track. I like that there's so much space. It's sounds very open and every instrument cuts through great.
The only thing I'm not a fan of is the auto-tuned/pitch corrected vocals. I personally have a hard time with that effect. Would prefer if the vocals were more natural sounding.
But overall great work. :thumbs_up:

Melody303

06 Jul 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
06 Jul 2021
Listened to "Lets' Pretend". Really cool track. I like that there's so much space. It's sounds very open and every instrument cuts through great.
The only thing I'm not a fan of is the auto-tuned/pitch corrected vocals. I personally have a hard time with that effect. Would prefer if the vocals were more natural sounding.
But overall great work. :thumbs_up:
Thanks. :) Auto tuned vocals aren't my favorite thing either, but I'm not good enough a vocalist to hold a tune properly, so I do what I can. :p

Today's song is the first time I've used my new electric guitar in a song:

Melody303

07 Jul 2021

Today's song:

Catblack

07 Jul 2021

Hope you keep this up. I like what you are doing!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Melody303

08 Jul 2021

Catblack wrote:
07 Jul 2021
Hope you keep this up. I like what you are doing!
Thanks. :)

I am keeping it up, but might slow down the pace, there's really no need for me to write a new song every day, and I'm getting a bit burnt out. Today's song took a whole lot longer than the previous 4, and is not necessarily any better for it.

Melody303

10 Jul 2021

My shortest song in many years.

Melody303

11 Jul 2021

Melody303

12 Jul 2021

Jagwah

13 Jul 2021

Melody303 wrote:
12 Jul 2021
Oh sh*t :o

Impressive stuff, the vocals were a real treat when they kicked in. Really big feeling piece, I see you're up to your old tricks with the 303, it fit really well in here especially the way it started very subtly, cool work!!

Melody303

16 Jul 2021

Jagwah wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Oh sh*t :o

Impressive stuff, the vocals were a real treat when they kicked in. Really big feeling piece, I see you're up to your old tricks with the 303, it fit really well in here especially the way it started very subtly, cool work!!
Thank you. :D

Here's today's song:

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2021

These are some really cool chilled songs. Credit to you for writing so much in such a short space of time, I could never do that.

Melody303

21 Jul 2021

Popey wrote:
16 Jul 2021
These are some really cool chilled songs. Credit to you for writing so much in such a short space of time, I could never do that.
Thank you. :)

I have headrush today, so I wrote a song about it. :p

Melody303

22 Jul 2021

Today's song:

Melody303

01 Aug 2021

New song today~

peppereaterpeter

01 Aug 2021

Heard the most recent track and love the composition. Would like to hear more natural vocals to get a feel for the raw emotion in the lyrics.

Melody303

11 Aug 2021

peppereaterpeter wrote:
01 Aug 2021
Heard the most recent track and love the composition. Would like to hear more natural vocals to get a feel for the raw emotion in the lyrics.
And if I could hold a tune without going off key, you would, but since I can't, they'll remain affected. Thanks though. :D

The first song of a 4 track EP in the middle of this project,, all 4 were written yesterday, just have to arrange them now:

Melody303

11 Aug 2021

Second song I wrote yesterday done now too~

Melody303

22 Aug 2021

The third song from that little writing boom on the 10th. I just got back to it today and finished the arrangement~

Melody303

27 Aug 2021

Melody303

13 Sep 2021

Another one done~

• Information