RRP Crashing Reaper Since Installing +

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
VIVIsect

29 Jul 2021

A while back I was having issues with the RRP (Reason 11) constantly crashing Ableton Live when adding an instance. The solution ended up being to delete the "_Reasondata.prf" file located in AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\Reason. Suggested the fix to some others who were having the same problem and it worked for them also. Maybe try giving that a shot?

Creativemind

29 Jul 2021

gullum wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Creativemind wrote:
28 Jul 2021

I've opened one 2 days ago (27th). Needs to be addressed asap seeing as I can't use the software till it's fixed.
you also need to know from them receiving the bug report and them finding the reason for the bug then for them to fix is can take more time then 2 weeks because it needs to be tested before released as a fix.
If you want to use RRp best bet is to install Reason 11 again and use the RRP 11 version until they have a fix
That's not very good. I was wanting to use something only available in Reason+ so uninstalling Reason+ to go back to 11 after I've paid for it isn't good. When it's something as serious as "you can't use the software you've paid for" till it's fixed, it needs sorting asap. I'd expect it sorting in 3 to 4 working days, 5 at the most. So I pay for 3 months of Reason+ and half a month it's unusable. They should add me 2 weeks on at the end. I know it was a bargain what I paid but I still paid for it.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

gullum

29 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
29 Jul 2021
gullum wrote:
29 Jul 2021

you also need to know from them receiving the bug report and them finding the reason for the bug then for them to fix is can take more time then 2 weeks because it needs to be tested before released as a fix.
If you want to use RRp best bet is to install Reason 11 again and use the RRP 11 version until they have a fix
That's not very good. I was wanting to use something only available in Reason+ so uninstalling Reason+ to go back to 11 after I've paid for it isn't good. When it's something as serious as "you can't use the software you've paid for" till it's fixed, it needs sorting asap. I'd expect it sorting in 3 to 4 working days, 5 at the most. So I pay for 3 months of Reason+ and half a month it's unusable. They should add me 2 weeks on at the end. I know it was a bargain what I paid but I still paid for it.
but for you to be able to continue using RRP until that have a fix for all we know could be a month from now you need to use reason 11 or risk the crash and potential lost of what you are working on. It sucks and I cancelled my 3 for 3 subscription the day after because it wasn't usable for me load time and background rendering of graphics takes forever.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

30 Jul 2021

This is really odd, I've tested RRP in Reaper yesterday and it didn't crash (neither the plug or the DAW). RRP 12 seems also stable in Cubase 11 pro, which are the other 2 daws i have but seldom use.

Creativemind

30 Jul 2021

mcatalao wrote:
30 Jul 2021
This is really odd, I've tested RRP in Reaper yesterday and it didn't crash (neither the plug or the DAW). RRP 12 seems also stable in Cubase 11 pro, which are the other 2 daws i have but seldom use.
It seemed to be with the RRP as an instrument, not an effect. Is that what you tested?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

mcatalao
Competition Winner

30 Jul 2021

I loaded a project that had a VST piano and then replaced with a Reason piano patch (RRP instrument).

I think the project had an insert with a RRP FX (a simple phaser) but i didn't fiddle with that one.

The test was not extensive. I only tested a couple of instances.

• Information