RRP Crashing Reaper Since Installing +

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
Creativemind

24 Jul 2021

Hi Everyone!

For the past say 3 days (funnily enough since installing Reason+) the RRP on a lot (not all) of instances has been crashing Reaper. Done it today 3 times. Lost 10 minutes work on 1 occasion. Seems my autosave in Reaper isn't working.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Deep Schulzz

24 Jul 2021

Same here. I'm just trying out REAPER. Only the RR effect plugin is always crashing reaper. So far little luck with R12.

jamespember
Reason Studios

24 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
24 Jul 2021
Hi Everyone!

For the past say 3 days (funnily enough since installing Reason+) the RRP on a lot (not all) of instances has been crashing Reaper. Done it today 3 times. Lost 10 minutes work on 1 occasion. Seems my autosave in Reaper isn't working.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks!
Just to clarify and narrow down the problem, when you say when you installed Reason+, do you mean Reason 12 (which you got access to via Reason+)?

Creativemind

24 Jul 2021

jamespember wrote:
24 Jul 2021
Creativemind wrote:
24 Jul 2021
Hi Everyone!

Anyone else had this?

Thanks!
Just to clarify and narrow down the problem, when you say when you installed Reason+, do you mean Reason 12 (which you got access to via Reason+)?
Yeah, I did the £3 for 3 months subscription and now sometimes Reaper will close automatically after adding a RRP. Did it today with the SubTractor Bass default bass patch twice.

jamespember
Reason Studios

25 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
24 Jul 2021
jamespember wrote:
24 Jul 2021

Yeah, I did the £3 for 3 months subscription and now sometimes Reaper will close automatically after adding a RRP. Did it today with the SubTractor Bass default bass patch twice.
OK thx for raising this. Will check with the team if this is a known issue. Please send a ticket to support too if you can.

Creativemind

26 Jul 2021

jamespember wrote:
25 Jul 2021
Creativemind wrote:
24 Jul 2021

OK thx for raising this. Will check with the team if this is a known issue. Please send a ticket to support too if you can.
Sorry, where / how do I do that?

jamespember
Reason Studios

26 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
26 Jul 2021
jamespember wrote:
25 Jul 2021

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/requests/new

Creativemind

26 Jul 2021

jamespember wrote:
26 Jul 2021
Creativemind wrote:
26 Jul 2021

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/requests/new
Why is nothing straight forward with Reason a lot.

The link you sent doesn't have anything on there relating to flagging up what I'm asking.

First off, it's a Reason Rack Plug-In issue, not Reason, and Reason 12 or Reason+ also not listed.

Are you aware of the issue because the issue still happening and I had a song I wanted work on tonight and crashed again, couldn't continue.

The attached pic is the first box I encounter there. It's neither of those 3. There should be a Reason Rack Plug-In option.
Attachments
Reason Support Pic.PNG
Reason Support Pic.PNG (7.72 KiB) Viewed 6664 times

hurricane
Competition Winner

26 Jul 2021

RRP 12 crashed Logic today. All I did was switch between instruments and effects and then back, then CRASH.

So we have to wait till you get back from "vacation" for fixes? I thought being an R+ subscriber meant that you guys fixed things actively and then passed those fixes along to us without us having to wait for a full official release?? What are the benefits of a $19 subscription then, if R+ subscribers have to wait for the fixes to be addressed in the (perpetual) R12 release in September? Like that issue with the device folders not staying collapsed - whoever screwed that up should be able to fix it TODAY, and that fix should then get pushed to the R+ subscribers TODAY. Why do we have to wait?
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Billy+

26 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
26 Jul 2021

The link you sent doesn't have anything on there relating to flagging up what I'm asking.

First off, it's a Reason Rack Plug-In issue, not Reason, and Reason 12 or Reason+ also not listed.

Are you aware of the issue because the issue still happening and I had a song I wanted work on tonight and crashed again, couldn't continue.

The attached pic is the first box I encounter there. It's neither of those 3. There should be a Reason Rack Plug-In option.
It's fairly simple RRP is Reason and Reason plus is the subscription service, (cheap monthly access to the whole suite)

you just select using the software then give some more information about your machine followed by a fault description and some screen shots etc...

Creativemind

27 Jul 2021

hurricane wrote:
26 Jul 2021
RRP 12 crashed Logic today. All I did was switch between instruments and effects and then back, then CRASH.

So we have to wait till you get back from "vacation" for fixes? I thought being an R+ subscriber meant that you guys fixed things actively and then passed those fixes along to us without us having to wait for a full official release?? What are the benefits of a $19 subscription then, if R+ subscribers have to wait for the fixes to be addressed in the (perpetual) R12 release in September? Like that issue with the device folders not staying collapsed - whoever screwed that up should be able to fix it TODAY, and that fix should then get pushed to the R+ subscribers TODAY. Why do we have to wait?
Yeah and apparently they're on vacation till mid August? so we have to wait over 2 weeks. Unacceptable. I can't use the RRP till then cause it crashes Reaper.

And fair point, if you've paid £19.95 a month to subscribe and you can't use it for 2 weeks due to a bug then you deserve a 2 week reduction in that months subscription so essentially should be half that month.

Creativemind

27 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
26 Jul 2021
Creativemind wrote:
26 Jul 2021

It's fairly simple RRP is Reason and Reason plus is the subscription service, (cheap monthly access to the whole suite)

you just select using the software then give some more information about your machine followed by a fault description and some screen shots etc...
That isn't obvious, that the RRP is Reason. There should be a section in that list for the plug-in.

Creativemind

27 Jul 2021

So I've submitted a ticket, can anybody at Reason Studio's tell me how long I have to wait for it to be fixed, not till mid August surely? I don't expect a lightning fast fix but would expect it fixed in a couple of days. Other people have stated the same thing is happening in other daw's.

Billy+

27 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
27 Jul 2021
So I've submitted a ticket, can anybody at Reason Studio's tell me how long I have to wait for it to be fixed, not till mid August surely? I don't expect a lightning fast fix but would expect it fixed in a couple of days. Other people have stated the same thing is happening in other daw's.
Are you running v11 or v12?

Does the problem resolve if you switch back to authorizer rather than companion?

guitfnky

27 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
26 Jul 2021

both the DAW and RRP fall under “using the software”. not sure what’s confusing about that. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Creativemind

28 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
27 Jul 2021
Creativemind wrote:
26 Jul 2021

both the DAW and RRP fall under “using the software”. not sure what’s confusing about that. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah dead obvious that a vst plug-in falls under "using the software". The software refers to Reason itself.

The next drop down said which version, Reason 10, 11 etc and asks Mac or Windows etc. Well I'm on RRP but the Reason 12 RRP through the subscription service. Not listed. It's a crap form not very well thought through or been updated lately.

Creativemind

28 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
27 Jul 2021
Creativemind wrote:
27 Jul 2021
Are you running v11 or v12?

Does the problem resolve if you switch back to authorizer rather than companion?
Not sure. I just fire up Reaper, load a project and it fires up the RRP but is now through version 12 as I subscribed with the £3 for 3 months thing. For some reason a template I use for guitar / vocal which uses a send effect of the RV7000 using the RRP obviously on the vocal but as an effect doesn't crash it but if I add another RRP track with a non-effect RRP (say a synth) it immediately closes Reaper.

I'll have another look now though. That seems like the effect RRP is ok but the other isn't.

guitfnky

28 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
28 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
27 Jul 2021

Yeah dead obvious that a vst plug-in falls under "using the software". The software refers to Reason itself.

The next drop down said which version, Reason 10, 11 etc and asks Mac or Windows etc. Well I'm on RRP but the Reason 12 RRP through the subscription service. Not listed. It's a crap form not very well thought through or been updated lately.
come on man, every plugin you’ve ever used is software. what do you think, VSTs exist outside of your computer and run on unicorn dust? this is not hard to figure out. 😐

Creativemind

28 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
28 Jul 2021
Creativemind wrote:
28 Jul 2021

come on man, every plugin you’ve ever used is software. what do you think, VSTs exist outside of your computer and run on unicorn dust? this is not hard to figure out. 😐
Yeah you do get stand-alone vst's. Lol!

Yeah well it wasn't clear to me, so where's the option in the next drop down after I've clicked software to select the RRP then?

guitfnky

28 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
28 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
28 Jul 2021

Yeah you do get stand-alone vst's. Lol!

Yeah well it wasn't clear to me, so where's the option in the next drop down after I've clicked software to select the RRP then?
why do you think there needs to be one? there’s that handy text box where you’re supposed to explain what your problem is—you can specify what you’re trying to do and the trouble you’re having right there. seems like you’re making it more difficult than it needs to be.

BonsaiMacKay

28 Jul 2021

shot.png
shot.png (199.78 KiB) Viewed 6504 times

BonsaiMacKay

28 Jul 2021

It really is very straightforward and they won't do anything if no one opens a ticket with support.

Creativemind

28 Jul 2021

BonsaiMacKay wrote:
28 Jul 2021
It really is very straightforward and they won't do anything if no one opens a ticket with support.
I've opened one 2 days ago (27th). Needs to be addressed asap seeing as I can't use the software till it's fixed.

BonsaiMacKay

29 Jul 2021

Good luck! Their support team aren’t known for being the fastest to respond but I hope they get if fixed soon.
Creativemind wrote:
28 Jul 2021

I've opened one 2 days ago (27th). Needs to be addressed asap seeing as I can't use the software till it's fixed.

gullum

29 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
28 Jul 2021
BonsaiMacKay wrote:
28 Jul 2021
you also need to know from them receiving the bug report and them finding the reason for the bug then for them to fix is can take more time then 2 weeks because it needs to be tested before released as a fix.
If you want to use RRp best bet is to install Reason 11 again and use the RRP 11 version until they have a fix

• Information