Reason File Locations: a handy reference

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
npinero1

04 Jun 2021

Why are VST3 folder included in the locations. Does Reason recognize VST3 if you add that link to the preferences?
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

EnochLight

05 Jun 2021

npinero1 wrote:
04 Jun 2021
Why are VST3 folder included in the locations. Does Reason recognize VST3 if you add that link to the preferences?
VST3 is not currently supported in Reason standalone DAW "proper". That's all. :puf_unhappy:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

kbard

05 Jun 2021

EnochLight wrote:
05 Jun 2021
npinero1 wrote:
04 Jun 2021
VST3 is not currently supported in Reason standalone DAW "proper". That's all. :puf_unhappy:
Hi guys. New here. Jut trying to help. I am using this plugin to load VST3 in Reason. Works fine for me, no problem.

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... PatchWork/

PatchWork is something similar to Reason Combinator in the sense of operation. You can load and chain series of effects and then recall them with preset. Another cool thing is that it supports VST3. So you load this one (VST2 version) inside Reason and then with loaded Patchwork you load VST3. After that you can even save preset from Reason as FXP and place it in your Reason browser location. Then simple drag and drop works in Reason.

So it's a workaround. Naturally having native VST3 support in Reason would be nice, but imho this is still a very nice workaround.

Regards

EnochLight

05 Jun 2021

kbard wrote:
05 Jun 2021
Hi guys. New here. Jut trying to help. I am using this plugin to load VST3 in Reason. Works fine for me, no problem.

PatchWork is something similar to Reason Combinator in the sense of operation. You can load and chain series of effects and then recall them with preset. Another cool thing is that it supports VST3. So you load this one (VST2 version) inside Reason and then with loaded Patchwork you load VST3. After that you can even save preset from Reason as FXP and place it in your Reason browser location. Then simple drag and drop works in Reason.

So it's a workaround. Naturally having native VST3 support in Reason would be nice, but imho this is still a very nice workaround.

Regards
Welcome to the RT forums! Yes, Bluecat has long been an option for VSt3 support in Reason. :clap: :thumbup:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

kbard

05 Jun 2021

EnochLight wrote:
05 Jun 2021
Welcome to the RT forums! Yes, Bluecat has long been an option for VSt3 support in Reason. :clap: :thumbup:
Thank you.

npinero1

05 Jun 2021

Does the Vocalign VST3 plugin work in Blue Cat Patchworks plug-in? Has anyone tried it?
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2021

kbard wrote:
05 Jun 2021

Regards
[/quote]
npinero1 wrote:
04 Jun 2021
There are other free option around for VST3 support in Reason.
Nektarine and Elements (for the latest Elements you can still get it for free however you have to compile it yourself or just pay $2 for it already compiled, a lot easier).
If you have Voltage Modular Core, that is another way to run VST3's in Reason.

frank67uk

16 Jun 2021

i wish that Reason Studios would sort out being able to install / locate REs on external (or other non system) drives. Such a basic requirement these days. Ive been asking for it for 2 years now, but no progress. Symlinks dont cut it on OSX installs sadly. Anyone found anouther way ? (on Mac)

deigm

17 Jun 2021

Has the remote map location changed from reason 10 to 11?

C:\Program Data\Propellerhead Software\Remote is an empty folder for me.

I found the .remotemap files in C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason Suite 11\Remote

Editing them seems to take no effect though. I could just be doing it wrong, but I managed to edit them to my liking in reason 10 without any trouble, so I'm 80 percent sure I'm doing it right.... Maybe reason is looking for them in a different folder?

I'm following the instructions here:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/control-remote

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Jun 2021

deigm wrote:
17 Jun 2021
It's still full for me (Reason 11 Suite 11.3.9d22). I installed it over Reason 10 though.

I only know of %ProgramData%\Propellerhead Software\Remote and %APPDATA%\Propellerhead Software\Remote folders.

deigm

17 Jun 2021

orthodox wrote:
17 Jun 2021
deigm wrote:
17 Jun 2021
It's still full for me (Reason 11 Suite 11.3.9d22). I installed it over Reason 10 though.
Weird. Mine is a clean install but even so, why would they be different?

I dont even have an appdata folder.

demt

17 Jun 2021

J Bridge is a free program that let's reason use vst 3 by making it vst2.5 at a press of a button
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Jun 2021

deigm wrote:
17 Jun 2021
I dont even have an appdata folder.
You do. Paste that path with percents to the Explorer's address bar and it will navigate you to it.
Or do you mean there is no Propellerhead Software\Remote folder there?

deigm

17 Jun 2021

orthodox wrote:
17 Jun 2021

Or do you mean there is no Propellerhead Software\Remote folder there?
Yeah, sorry, I meant the folder APPDATA\Propellerhead Software\Remote is also empty for me.

miscend

05 Jul 2021

Is there an error log generated somewhere when a plug-in crashes during the plug-in check?

ewillhelm

26 Jul 2021

So here's my question, and maybe it was addressed already but a skim of the posts revealed nothing...

So when I installed Reason 11, I apparently set up a custom location for my Factory bank etc on an external drive. Now I actually WANT to relocate it to whatever its default location would be on my laptop's internal drive, but am unsure how to do that. Do I have to run the installer again? Oh, and this is on a Mac running Mojave.

EnochLight

26 Jul 2021

ewillhelm wrote:
26 Jul 2021
So here's my question, and maybe it was addressed already but a skim of the posts revealed nothing...

So when I installed Reason 11, I apparently set up a custom location for my Factory bank etc on an external drive. Now I actually WANT to relocate it to whatever its default location would be on my laptop's internal drive, but am unsure how to do that. Do I have to run the installer again? Oh, and this is on a Mac running Mojave.

Personally, I'd just run the installer again and let it default.

djgci2001

02 Sep 2021

Hello, can someone tell me where I can locate the reason rack plugin files on my c drive. I just upgraded to Reason 12 and Reason 12 suite opens up just fine. But when I open up the rack plugin in Ableton, it opens up the reason 11 version. There is a message on top of the rack that says I can update it to 11.6. I clicked it, and sure enough it was an update for 11.6.

Edit-
Nevermind I found the files.

Darkersound

06 Sep 2021

Evening all... anyone have a list/link/location of the "new patches & combinators" supplied in 12.2 ?

Billy+

06 Sep 2021

Darkersound wrote:
06 Sep 2021
Evening all... anyone have a list/link/location of the "new patches & combinators" supplied in 12.2 ?
Is this what your looking for?
https://a.phcdn.se/blog/New_in_Reason12.favo.zip
https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/comb ... -reason-12

Mac:
1. Download the favo file
2. In the Finder, press Option, click the Go menu and select "Library"
3. Go to Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Reason
4. Move the favo file there
5. Restart Reason if it's running

Windows:
1. Download the favo file
2. Open a File Explorer window and type %appdata% in the address bar
3. Go into the Propellerhead Software\Reason subfolder
4. Move the favo file there
5. Restart Reason if it's running

artotaku

07 Sep 2021

deigm wrote:
17 Jun 2021
Has the remote map location changed from reason 10 to 11?

I found the .remotemap files in C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason Suite 11\Remote

Editing them seems to take no effect though. I could just be doing it wrong, but I managed to edit them to my liking in reason 10 without any trouble, so I'm 80 percent sure I'm doing it right.... Maybe reason is looking for them in a different folder?

I'm following the instructions here:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/control-remote
Yes, it seems that something has changed.

Either with R11 or R12 there is now a separate folder in the Reason program folder that keeps the default codecs.
On Windows 10 it is C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason 12\Remote

I have not yet tested if I can still copy custom codecs to the directory c:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\ and if these are still considered when R12 is started but modification of default codecs must happen in C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason 12\Remote.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2022

Windows default location for Scratch location.

%LocalAppData%\Propellerhead Software\Reason (then \username_randomnunber)

ab459

31 Mar 2022

Hi folks, so what exactly does this files and for what ? (R11)

C:\Users\*username\AppData\Local\Propellerhead Software\Reason Suite\*username_*numbers

I have ~470 files (~850mb) in this folder, files with extension *.cachemanager.

EnochLight

02 Apr 2022

ab459 wrote:
31 Mar 2022

C:\Users\*username\AppData\Local\Propellerhead Software\Reason Suite\*username_*numbers

They’re reference files for your Reason projects that allow Reason to open faster. You can delete them, but when you open a project that uses them, it will have to re-build the entire cache all over again. Also, keep in mind this is where files are stored if Reason suffers a critical failure/crashes, and it refers to these locations to attempt to recover projects.

ab459

14 May 2022

EnochLight wrote:
02 Apr 2022
ab459 wrote:
31 Mar 2022

They’re reference files for your Reason projects that allow Reason to open faster. You can delete them, but when you open a project that uses them, it will have to re-build the entire cache all over again. Also, keep in mind this is where files are stored if Reason suffers a critical failure/crashes, and it refers to these locations to attempt to recover projects.
Ok, got it, thanks for info (sorry for delay reply, long time no visit lol).

• Information