How many new users aware of Rewards?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2021

huggermugger wrote:
17 Jul 2021
Quarmat wrote:
09 Jun 2021
Woah, I never knew this was a thing. Just learned I have the impressive amount of 91 reward points. I guess I should wait to get to 100 and gest two 50% off vouchers.

TIL!
Yeah, and do what with them? Buy an overpriced RE that you don't need just to save money? Because that's about the only option in the "Rewards" Store.
Get the blue Softube one :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Zerosity

22 Jul 2021

I'd love to use my rewards, but there hasn't been any new devices added lately that I care to purchase. I wished Algorithm, Obsession, Friktion, Go2, or BIT were there, but the rewards store hasn't been updated in I don't know how long.

Billy+

22 Jul 2021

Zerosity wrote:
22 Jul 2021
I'd love to use my rewards, but there hasn't been any new devices added lately that I care to purchase. I wished Algorithm, Obsession, Friktion, Go2, or BIT were there, but the rewards store hasn't been updated in I don't know how long.
You should just buy them during a sale as the price during a sale is probably better than using the rewards vouchers.

JohnnyFave

22 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
22 Jul 2021
Zerosity wrote:
22 Jul 2021
You should just buy them during a sale as the price during a sale is probably better than using the rewards vouchers.
This. It's the SAD REALITY of the Reason Rewards program.

The program is of NO benefit to faithful Reason customers, hencewhy the majority of Reasoners sit endlessly on their Reward Points.

So unfortunate that it doesn't generate the excitement that a TRUE Rewards program should.

huggermugger

22 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
22 Jul 2021

In fact, items in the Rewards Store disappear when they go on sale.

Billy+

22 Jul 2021

huggermugger wrote:
22 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
22 Jul 2021

In fact, items in the Rewards Store disappear when they go on sale.
It's always been that way and like I say you're probably going to see better deals in a sale rather than the rewards section.

Billy+

22 Jul 2021

JohnnyFave wrote:
22 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
22 Jul 2021

This. It's the SAD REALITY of the Reason Rewards program.

The program is of NO benefit to faithful Reason customers, hencewhy the majority of Reasoners sit endlessly on their Reward Points.

So unfortunate that it doesn't generate the excitement that a TRUE Rewards program should.
It's very sad, I've used my PiB tokens to buy products outright, you just don't get the free plugin of the months but that's more than acceptable (and if you actually pay say £1 plus tokens for the rest then you do)

I've use tokens for sound packs with reveal without having to spend real money,

But in all the years I've had reasonstudios rewards I've never used 1......

Yeah it's sad / shameful / outright pointless.....
Reasonstudios rewards are like IOU's from your little brother
Last edited by Billy+ on 22 Jul 2021, edited 2 times in total.

guitfnky

22 Jul 2021

I wish they’d just rename it Coupons so people would STFU about it already. 🙄
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
22 Jul 2021
Maybe you Can be the first to STFU?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

22 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
22 Jul 2021
Coupons would suggest that you could used them, maybe they should rename the voucher section to money you could have saved by waiting :thumbup:

I assume I got mine for devices I brought that subsequently became free, in fact how do we even earn them?

guitfnky

22 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
22 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
22 Jul 2021
I’m not among those who resurrect these threads to chime in with the same tired complaints every 3 months. 🤷🏻‍♂️

guitfnky

22 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
22 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
22 Jul 2021
Coupons would suggest that you could used them, maybe they should rename the voucher section to money you could have saved by waiting :thumbup:

I assume I got mine for devices I brought that subsequently became free, in fact how do we even earn them?
coupons can be used. but like coupons, you might not want the stuff they make cheaper.

as far as I recall, they were given when you bought Props stuff, regardless of whether it was on sale.

that’s a pretty strange thing to assume, btw.

guitfnky

22 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
22 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
22 Jul 2021
and FWIW, the actual question you asked (whether new users would even be aware what they’re for) doesn’t fall into that category. it’s just people use any mention of Rewards to start up the ol’ “omg how f%#ing stupid this is” b1tchfest once again.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
22 Jul 2021
MrFigg wrote:
22 Jul 2021

and FWIW, the actual question you asked (whether new users would even be aware what they’re for) doesn’t fall into that category. it’s just people use any mention of Rewards to start up the ol’ “omg how f%#ing stupid this is” b1tchfest once again.
❤️😃

Maybe the people starting ”up the ol’ “omg how f%#ing stupid this is” b1tchfest ” are the new users who weren’t aware and who haven’t had the chance to vent like us old timers yet? :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

22 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
22 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
22 Jul 2021

❤️😃

Maybe the people starting ”up the ol’ “omg how f%#ing stupid this is” b1tchfest ” are the new users who weren’t aware and who haven’t had the chance to vent like us old timers yet? :)
😂 fair point.

Billy+

22 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
22 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
22 Jul 2021

coupons can be used. but like coupons, you might not want the stuff they make cheaper.

as far as I recall, they were given when you bought Props stuff, regardless of whether it was on sale.

that’s a pretty strange thing to assume, btw.
Well tbf I never really paid much attention to them (and still don't) i only noticed I was getting more when stuff like the radical devices started getting included as stock after I had purchased them for previous versions.

But if we're getting rewards points for buying props stuff then I should have loads of rewards as I have everything to date that has been released ;) even Mutator which I still think was an absolute joke :o

• Information