New MPC 2.10 firmware update = INCREDIBLE

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
EnochLight

21 Jul 2021

Not sure how many MPC-heads are out there, but the latest 2.10 update that dropped yesterday is absolutely incredible. Makes the last Maschine+ update that came out almost laughable by comparison... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone here download and install it yet? If so, what's your thoughts? I'm really glad Hype Synth is on my MPC Live 2, now. Between that and my Force, I've got two of them! Lol :puf_bigsmile:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

21 Jul 2021

Seriously, Hype Synth adds an incredibly useful synth to the MPC. Some of the presets remind me of some classic Ensoniq stuff, but it can also sound very modern. Love it: :thumbup:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

PhillipOrdonez

21 Jul 2021

Man, I know the feeling of new firmware... I know I love it. Happy for you 🤗 I still don't have an mpc, but eyeing an mpc live, waiting for one aspect of my business to take off in order for me to be able to afford it and make sense business wise.

EnochLight

21 Jul 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
21 Jul 2021
Man, I know the feeling of new firmware... I know I love it. Happy for you 🤗 I still don't have an mpc, but eyeing an mpc live, waiting for one aspect of my business to take off in order for me to be able to afford it and make sense business wise.
You won't be disappointed - MPC Live 2 is awesome (though if you're a fan of clip-based Ableton Live-like sequencing, I'd recommend a Force over the MPC Live 2). :thumbup: Good luck on your (new?) business!

DinoJ

21 Jul 2021

Just watched the video you posted and omg the new stuff they added in this update! Am new to MPC, only had mine a couple of months and absolutely love it but did not really know what to expect of updates for the MPC. This exceeded all my imaginings... am downloading right now!! C'mon internet... faster!

PhillipOrdonez

21 Jul 2021

EnochLight wrote:
21 Jul 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
21 Jul 2021
You won't be disappointed - MPC Live 2 is awesome (though if you're a fan of clip-based Ableton Live-like sequencing, I'd recommend a Force over the MPC Live 2). :thumbup: Good luck on your (new?) business!
Thanks! I prefer the arrangement view in live, cannot get into the clip launching, so I'm definitely going the live 2 route 😃

EnochLight

21 Jul 2021

DinoJ wrote:
21 Jul 2021
Just watched the video you posted and omg the new stuff they added in this update! Am new to MPC, only had mine a couple of months and absolutely love it but did not really know what to expect of updates for the MPC. This exceeded all my imaginings... am downloading right now!! C'mon internet... faster!
Wait until you play with these new synths - they're freaking sweet! Everything about this update is just amazeballs.

Zac

21 Jul 2021

Yes, great update but I was most excited for the class compliant usb audio.

Unfortunately my digitone and behringer flow 8 mixer (might have got multitrack usb recording in the mpc!) work at 48khz and the mpc will only work at 44.1 for audio interfaces.

So I'm a bit disappointed, even thinking of trading flow 8 for behringer umc1820, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the new plugins.

EnochLight

21 Jul 2021

RME Babyface Pro works great with MPC now. Really improves the quality of the i/o.

fieldframe
RE Developer

22 Jul 2021

EnochLight wrote:
21 Jul 2021
RME Babyface Pro works great with MPC now. Really improves the quality of the i/o.
Does this work for the Force as well? I’m curious if this lets you record more channels simultaneously.

EnochLight

22 Jul 2021

fieldframe wrote:
22 Jul 2021
Does this work for the Force as well? I’m curious if this lets you record more channels simultaneously.
Currently, Force does not support USB Class Compliant audio interfaces. But on MPC as of 2.10, yes - this means you can now record more channels simultaneously. It's pretty sweet!

slic

22 Jul 2021

Love to see AKAI make a small (but matching) USB powered I/O, few more inputs and its a home for all my little desktop synths!
Great update and everything still points to an even bigger V3 in the works!

Zac

22 Jul 2021

fieldframe wrote:
22 Jul 2021
EnochLight wrote:
21 Jul 2021
This was posted over on Elektronauts forum:
'Cross-post from the MPC thread: I was just checking out the udpated MPC manual, and in the appendix covering the new features it says:

Note: For maximum convenience, we recommend you install a SATA drive in the drive bay of your standalone Force and then copy the Synths folder onto this drive.

So it looks like the update instructions have already been written for the Force and then pasted into the MPC manual. I might even start holding my breath.'

So it looks like' something' is coming for the Force.

EnochLight

22 Jul 2021

Zac wrote:
22 Jul 2021
This was posted over on Elektronauts forum:
'Cross-post from the MPC thread: I was just checking out the udpated MPC manual, and in the appendix covering the new features it says:

Note: For maximum convenience, we recommend you install a SATA drive in the drive bay of your standalone Force and then copy the Synths folder onto this drive.

So it looks like the update instructions have already been written for the Force and then pasted into the MPC manual. I might even start holding my breath.'

So it looks like' something' is coming for the Force.
Aaaahahahah - oops! Yeah it's on page 419 of the MPC manual:

oops_lol.JPG
oops_lol.JPG (135.83 KiB) Viewed 2448 times

..or maybe it's just a typo? ;) :lol:

PhillipOrdonez

10 Sep 2021

Anyone with the live 2 can tell whether it can serve as a midi interface between a keyboard and the computer? For example play Reason via midi from a keyboard through the MPC live 5 pin midi in.

Can it transfer sysex from a computer to another device for firmware update duties?

EnochLight

10 Sep 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
10 Sep 2021
Anyone with the live 2 can tell whether it can serve as a midi interface between a keyboard and the computer? For example play Reason via midi from a keyboard through the MPC live 5 pin midi in.
In Controller Mode, yes - I use it with Reason like this sometimes. I plug my Nektar Panorama P4 into my MPC Live II via USB, and when in Controller Mode, it shows up in Reason just like I had connected it to my computer's USB port. The old fashioned 5-pin MIDI DIN ports also function. Running the MPC Software plugin as an instance in Reason also allows you to open your MPC projects in Reason (sort of like how we used to be able to open Reason projects in other DAW using ReWire).

In Standalone mode, you'd have to plug a MIDI-din cable into a MIDI-din port on your MPC and then run a MIDI cable to your computer's MIDI in port, and set that up in your MPC as something to control. That I haven't tried, because when I'm in standalone, the whole point is to get AWAY from my computer and not use Reason. ;)
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
10 Sep 2021
Can it transfer sysex from a computer to another device for firmware update duties?
This I have not tried.

PhillipOrdonez

10 Sep 2021

Thanks Enoch! I left my sound card in another country and I don't have a way to plug 5 pin midi into the computer, might as well go this route instead of getting a midi interface and the live 2... IF it handles sysex 🤔

• Information