RRP Request : 2x Width Option

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Crumbfort

06 Mar 2020

So, I've been using the RRP in Reaper a ton since it came and it really is (for me) a dream come true. Now that it has MIDI out it's even more awesome.

Only one feature request has really come to mind for me: the option to have a 2x width rack for the plugin. Sometimes having the one rack lane is perfect, but sometimes I really yearn for the option to have 2 rack lanes side by side for more complex and involved patches. Perhaps it could be a button at the top that enables/disables the second rack lane.

Anyone else think this would be a cool idea?
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

Crumbfort

21 Jul 2021

Soooo clearly this request didn't gain any traction! :lol:

This (along with adding 8-16 inputs to the rack plugin) is my main gripe with the RRP. More complicated patches quickly become cumbersome to navigate when limited to a single rack column.

Maybe someday! ;)
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

PhillipOrdonez

21 Jul 2021

I would not complain at all if they added the option to have devices side by side on the RRP, crumbfort!

zoidkirb

21 Jul 2021

I just started using a second monitor in portrait mode, and it's amazing how well that form factor suits the RRP.
RE's are unique in that devs could only expand their design vertically to get bigger. I guess the issue goes all the way back to Reasons origins with square/crt monitors.

+1 to dual or triple rack columns.
+1 to separate midi in channels

Crumbfort

10 Jun 2022

Just about a year later - bumping this again! :)

huggermugger

10 Jun 2022

And can we please make it possible to get rid of this waste of space? A resizable window is a thing these days, isn't it?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 8.34.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 8.34.53 AM.png (502.59 KiB) Viewed 2065 times

SebAudio

11 Jun 2022

2x width : yes ! RRP is Reason v1 atm !
Wasted space at the bottom : yes ! And it’ll better within Ableton Live where you then could see the « lower strip »
Wasted space at the top : why such a height for the « toolbar » ? It’s ridiculous, everybody can see that you’re using the Reason Rack Plugin, there’s nothing like that in vst world
Wasted space on the right : why can’t the « tutorial » section be completely not shown ?
Wasted space on the left : why can’t the « browser » section be completely not shown ? You just have to click on the device’s icon to open it… Or add a button in the toolbar. It’s seem RS want to be like Ableton Live. Useless and ridiculous : Reason and RRP are unique, let them have the « Reason uniqueness » !

jlgrimes

12 Jun 2022

Crumbfort wrote:
06 Mar 2020
So, I've been using the RRP in Reaper a ton since it came and it really is (for me) a dream come true. Now that it has MIDI out it's even more awesome.

Only one feature request has really come to mind for me: the option to have a 2x width rack for the plugin. Sometimes having the one rack lane is perfect, but sometimes I really yearn for the option to have 2 rack lanes side by side for more complex and involved patches. Perhaps it could be a button at the top that enables/disables the second rack lane.

Anyone else think this would be a cool idea?
The biggest issue I have with the plugin is the browser itself. It is not resizable.

The browser works great for factory presets and REs presets but when trying to browse old refills, I need to use the scrollbar to see the whole name. This is a glaring issue with the plugin as Im guessing many RRP users are former standalone users who want to use old 3rd party refills in their other DAWS. The current implementation makes this a chore.

Crumbfort

15 May 2023

May 2023 bump! :puf_bigsmile:

Crumbfort

16 Mar 2024

March 2024 bump! :puf_bigsmile:

dusan.cani

16 Mar 2024

What ? That plugin rack window is not resizable and it doesn't offer rack columns ? How could they released this product without this basic and necessary functionality ?

Crumbfort

18 Mar 2024

dusan.cani wrote:
16 Mar 2024
What ? That plugin rack window is not resizable and it doesn't offer rack columns ? How could they released this product without this basic and necessary functionality ?
It is "resizable" in the sense you can adjust zoom settings, however you are limited to just one rack column, which is a huge bummer.

If they implemented multiple rack columns, proper scaling (like VCV rack, for instance), and more audio inputs that would be absolutely next level incredible.

Doubt any of it will ever happen, but one can dream, right? ;)

dusan.cani

24 Mar 2024

Crumbfort wrote:
18 Mar 2024

It is "resizable" in the sense you can adjust zoom settings, however you are limited to just one rack column, which is a huge bummer.
But if I use just one small device inside rack, the Rack plugin window will always get full height with empty and wasted space doesn't it ? Ability to adapt the window height relative to used space is fundamental requirement for good user experience. It's major fail if product feature decision person ignores this obvious requirement and omit it for absolutely no reason. I have sometimes feeling that Reason Studios don't use their own products.

SebAudio

24 Mar 2024

I think they see the RRP not as the « modular » playground as we know it in the standalone version but rather as a « vertical » instrument rack (see ableton live instrument strip is « horizontal »). Perhaps they’ll add navigator on the right…

• Information