Nektar announces "PACER" Hands-free DAW and MIDI Control

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8577
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jul 2021

littlejam wrote:
15 Jul 2021
joey luck also says yes to this pedal controller over the behringer because of the build quality
and it has inputs for more switches and 2 expression pedals
I have no experience with the Nektar pedal lol, so that's not something I said. I personally would go with the Behringer FCB1010 for the features.

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 372
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jul 2021

hello,

sorry about that then
i'll try to track down the correct person who said that

while you're here, can you briefly explain why you would choose the behringer over the nektar

it would help

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6734
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 16 Jul 2021

littlejam wrote:
16 Jul 2021
hello,

sorry about that then
i'll try to track down the correct person who said that

while you're here, can you briefly explain why you would choose the behringer over the nektar

it would help

cheers,

j
Get the Nektar man. The Behringer is just MIDI out. The Nektar plugs straight into a USB. You were asking before about connecting expression pedals. The Nektar had two ins. I know the Behringer has two exp pedals built in but as said it’s MIDI out only. Plus, the Reason integration is all built in to the Nektar so you won’t have to program it.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 372
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jul 2021

hello,

thanks, MrFigg...that was another selling point of the nektar: the usb input and not just midi
i need to go run errands
when i get back i'll try to track down the other user who suggested the pacer
(it was the thread talking about the arduino boards and building your own controller)

i'm going with pacer and 2 expression pedals

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6734
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 16 Jul 2021

littlejam wrote:
16 Jul 2021
hello,

thanks, MrFigg...that was another selling point of the nektar: the usb input and not just midi
i need to go run errands
when i get back i'll try to track down the other user who suggested the pacer
(it was the thread talking about the arduino boards and building your own controller)

i'm going with pacer and 2 expression pedals

cheers,

j
What exp pedals you gonna get. I’ve got the M-Audio one. Kind of wish I had the Nektar one. But I guess they do the same job.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 372
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jul 2021

hello,

i am going to get 2 nektar pedals
and nektar also sells their own footswitches if more switches are needed

you should look into the korg nanokontrol
it's a nifty device

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6734
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 16 Jul 2021

littlejam wrote:
16 Jul 2021
hello,

i am going to get 2 nektar pedals
and nektar also sells their own footswitches if more switches are needed

you should look into the korg nanokontrol
it's a nifty device

cheers,

j
What would I do with that?
丰2ॐ

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 372
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jul 2021

hello,

control more parameters of the kuassa re

and it works well with ochen k 'looper' re

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6734
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 16 Jul 2021

littlejam wrote:
16 Jul 2021
hello,

control more parameters of the kuassa re

and it works well with ochen k 'looper' re

cheers,

j
My T4 has pretty much all the Korg stuff on it :). The Pacer has transport controls too :).
丰2ॐ

User avatar
fullforce
Posts: 453
Joined: 18 Aug 2018

Post 16 Jul 2021

bxbrkrz wrote:
17 Apr 2018
"FeetFighter 3D"
:clap: :clap: :clap:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2514
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 16 Jul 2021

fullforce wrote:
16 Jul 2021
bxbrkrz wrote:
17 Apr 2018
"FeetFighter 3D"
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Image
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
WeLoveYouToo
Posts: 195
Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Location: portland, or

Post 17 Jul 2021

looks like the footswitch controller for my ax fx, def would be good for live shows where all that really matters to me is abusibility if it's built well

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 372
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Jul 2021

hello,

this would be a very cool type of song to be able to complete
with the pacer controller



and this song would be neat to do on the pacer
there are many different guitar tones and a simple drum track




i think extra switches will be necessary


this joe walsh tune, i don't think could be done a pacer controller




but would be neat to run the vocals through the expression pedal like a vocoder

cheers and eat well,

j

ps: and then shoegaze it with more kuassa re
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6734
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 17 Jul 2021

Pacer in the post!!! Woohoo!!!
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2743
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 17 Jul 2021

I went for FCB1010 over the pacer, cost and features also the build quality surprised me (in a good way).

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3626
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 17 Jul 2021

Behringer makes surprisingly robust stuff. I always worry about the build quality (I blame their guitar pedals), but end up finding my worries are unfounded--everything else seems pretty well built. this pacer thing looks cool, but I'd want to have an expression pedal. good to know if I ever do pull the trigger on an FCB1010, that it's built better than those guitar pedals.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6734
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 17 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
17 Jul 2021
Behringer makes surprisingly robust stuff. I always worry about the build quality (I blame their guitar pedals), but end up finding my worries are unfounded--everything else seems pretty well built. this pacer thing looks cool, but I'd want to have an expression pedal. good to know if I ever do pull the trigger on an FCB1010, that it's built better than those guitar pedals.
Have you got a midi to usb converter? I’ve got a cable which I bought from China for about a tenner which connects my Electric Piano for use as a controller. Guess I could have used it in the Behringer but I like the idea of not having to program the Pacer. Plug and play (maybe. I hope).
丰2ॐ

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3626
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 17 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
17 Jul 2021
Behringer makes surprisingly robust stuff. I always worry about the build quality (I blame their guitar pedals), but end up finding my worries are unfounded--everything else seems pretty well built. this pacer thing looks cool, but I'd want to have an expression pedal. good to know if I ever do pull the trigger on an FCB1010, that it's built better than those guitar pedals.
Have you got a midi to usb converter? I’ve got a cable which I bought from China for about a tenner which connects my Electric Piano for use as a controller. Guess I could have used it in the Behringer but I like the idea of not having to program the Pacer. Plug and play (maybe. I hope).
ohhh, good point! I'm sure I have one hanging around somewhere, but that's a good reminder--I hadn't even considered that it might not have a USB connection natively. so used to everything these days having USB built-in. 😅 but I guess this floorboard has been around for quite a while so it makes sense that it would need an adapter.

in my experience, MIDI>USB converters really are plug and play (then again, I've only used them for keyboards in the past), so you should be all set (hopefully).

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6734
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 17 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
17 Jul 2021
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jul 2021


Have you got a midi to usb converter? I’ve got a cable which I bought from China for about a tenner which connects my Electric Piano for use as a controller. Guess I could have used it in the Behringer but I like the idea of not having to program the Pacer. Plug and play (maybe. I hope).
ohhh, good point! I'm sure I have one hanging around somewhere, but that's a good reminder--I hadn't even considered that it might not have a USB connection natively. so used to everything these days having USB built-in. 😅 but I guess this floorboard has been around for quite a while so it makes sense that it would need an adapter.

in my experience, MIDI>USB converters really are plug and play (then again, I've only used them for keyboards in the past), so you should be all set (hopefully).
No, I bought the Pacer and that is USB. It’s the Behringer which only has MIDI out.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3626
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 17 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
17 Jul 2021


ohhh, good point! I'm sure I have one hanging around somewhere, but that's a good reminder--I hadn't even considered that it might not have a USB connection natively. so used to everything these days having USB built-in. 😅 but I guess this floorboard has been around for quite a while so it makes sense that it would need an adapter.

in my experience, MIDI>USB converters really are plug and play (then again, I've only used them for keyboards in the past), so you should be all set (hopefully).
No, I bought the Pacer and that is USB. It’s the Behringer which only has MIDI out.
ah, gotcha—I misunderstood. in that case, *I* should be all set when I get around to buying the Behringer. :)

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8577
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Jul 2021

I don't think about it much. I have a MIDI interface, my audio interfaces have MIDI on them, my MIDI synths which I connect to my computer via USB also have MIDI inputs... I have lots of ways to get 5-pin MIDI to my computer.

I have a USB hub, but I already have tons of things that connect individually via USB. I always figure, I might as well use 5-pin MIDI where I can. It also makes it easier for me in Reason to assign one thing as the master keyboard and have all MIDI data go through that.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6734
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jul 2021

Pacer arrived an hour ago. Incredible build. I mean seriously good quality. I’m working tonight so I can’t try it until tomorrow but if it works as good as it’s built it was worth every penny. Or Euro or SEK or whatever currency it was I paid in.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 372
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jul 2021

hello,

congrats MrFigg on your new pacer

i am happy to hear about the build quality

it would be neat to set up a pacer thread 'patch' sharing thread in the future

i'm still waiting to get one

i am also interested in how the maudio pedal works with the pacer board

hopefully you can post some pics / sounds when you get the time

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6734
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jul 2021

littlejam wrote:
20 Jul 2021
hello,

congrats MrFigg on your new pacer

i am happy to hear about the build quality

it would be neat to set up a pacer thread 'patch' sharing thread in the future

i'm still waiting to get one

i am also interested in how the maudio pedal works with the pacer board

hopefully you can post some pics / sounds when you get the time

cheers,

j
It just looks the same as the picture you see in the shops. The springs in the pedals are strong as hell. There is absolutely nothing flimsy about that board at all. I know for a fact Nektar have got an M-Audii pedal lying around which they use for testing stuff. They’ve got a whole load of other manufacturers equipment. The M-Audio and the Nektar expression pedal are essentially the same. I actually though about buying a Nektar just becasue the Pacer has two exp ins. They’re not that expensive.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8577
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jul 2021

Cool! 🤘 Looking forward to hearing about how well it integrates and what you do with it!

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests