reason 12 beta

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Oper-8

20 Jul 2021

tranceemerson wrote:
07 Jul 2021
when I follow that link, I get logged out of reasonstudios.com and forwarded to the home page. Also anytime I try to contact support, even though I know my issue is nowhere to be found in their knowledgebase, it forwards me to the home screen and logs me out. I have never seen reasonstudios be this closed.
I have the exact same issue, and I already had it with the beta for version 11. Have you finally managed to access the beta section ?
The support team at Reason Studios never ever bothered replying to any of my messages, and I can't contact them anymore through the website, just like you.
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

kitekrazy

20 Jul 2021

I rarely try the betas because it constantly writes data to a folder on my desktop. That puts wear on the life of a SSD. Does it still do this?

DJMaytag

27 Jul 2021

Are my eyes bugging out, or is it possible that some elements of my Reason 10 are now in higher resolution than they were before after installing the R12 Beta? Could it be that RE's have been updated, and are now displaying in better quality in R10? I swear RB's Sequences looks better than I ever remember it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2021

DJMaytag wrote:
27 Jul 2021
Are my eyes bugging out, or is it possible that some elements of my Reason 10 are now in higher resolution than they were before after installing the R12 Beta? Could it be that RE's have been updated, and are now displaying in better quality in R10? I swear RB's Sequences looks better than I ever remember it.
Don’t question the reason why my friend. Enjoy.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

27 Jul 2021

Yeah, enjoy.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jul 2021
Yeah, enjoy.
🏁
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

slic

27 Jul 2021

Just a small bug fix one before anyone asks! :D

PhillipOrdonez

27 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
27 Jul 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jul 2021
Yeah, enjoy.
🏁
There's a risk he may not tag us. It is uncertain. 🤔

🏁

joeyluck

27 Jul 2021

slic wrote:
27 Jul 2021
The last couple have been pretty significant though! Unfortunately we can't discuss it here yet.

slic

27 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
27 Jul 2021
slic wrote:
27 Jul 2021
The last couple have been pretty significant though! Unfortunately we can't discuss it here yet.
Absolutely! It's only a matter of time until someone asks if the sampler and/or new combiner are in the update though ;)

The 'not talking about it' is a bit weird as this was also pushed out to Reason+ users? I am not sure what is a beta and what is the Reason12 early access version!

joeyluck

27 Jul 2021

slic wrote:
27 Jul 2021
joeyluck wrote:
27 Jul 2021

Absolutely! It's only a matter of time until someone asks if the sampler and/or new combiner are in the update though ;)

The 'not talking about it' is a bit weird as this was also pushed out to Reason+ users? I am not sure what is a beta and what is the Reason12 early access version!
As far as I know, beta is not pushed out to all R+ users. I think it's only those who were beta testers previously or who opted in via Companion...

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 2.53.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 2.53.20 PM.png (34.79 KiB) Viewed 2746 times

QVprod

27 Jul 2021

slic wrote:
27 Jul 2021
joeyluck wrote:
27 Jul 2021

Beta testers are getting things first... for testing purposes of course.

Early access is not the beta, despite how people might feel about it.

slic

27 Jul 2021

It’s not a matter of how I feel (I don’t care either way) but I deleted the beta when I subscribed to Reason but I have ticked the use beta box in companion…if I had not ticked that would I not have had todays bug fix update?

Are early access people who are not part of the beta not getting these bug fixes?

The early access version was identical to the beta version?

gullum

27 Jul 2021

slic wrote:
27 Jul 2021
It’s not a matter of how I feel (I don’t care either way) but I deleted the beta when I subscribed to Reason but I have ticked the use beta box in companion…if I had not ticked that would I not have had todays bug fix update?

Are early access people who are not part of the beta not getting these bug fixes?

I would think beta testers need to do that beta test the bug fix before it's released to the public

FiatLux

27 Jul 2021

It was that way initially, but now you don't need to have the beta channel box checked to be on the beta.
The same beta version is currently available to all Reason+ subscribers. Don't need to be enrolled in beta testing.

joeyluck wrote:
27 Jul 2021
slic wrote:
27 Jul 2021

As far as I know, beta is not pushed out to all R+ users. I think it's only those who were beta testers previously or who opted in via Companion...

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 2.53.20 PM.png

QVprod

27 Jul 2021

No it’s separate. Don’t currently have the beta installed. Beta testers have an update. There isn’t one for the non beta R12 yet

joeyluck

27 Jul 2021

slic wrote:
27 Jul 2021

The early access version is still on the same build when it was released. It is on the R12 stable channel. R+ subscribers who are not opted into the beta are on the stable channel.

The beta channel is separate. It is on a beta channel.

Yes, you opted in for the beta, which is why you have access to the beta.

slic

28 Jul 2021

Thanks for the clarification.

OK, so what version is the R12 'stable channel' as the beta still has some quite big bug fixes being pushed out?
I am wondering if the R12 'stable channel' is just the earlier beta or something different?

orthodox
RE Developer

28 Jul 2021

slic wrote:
28 Jul 2021

OK, so what version is the R12 'stable channel' as the beta still has some quite big bug fixes being pushed out?
I am wondering if the R12 'stable channel' is just the earlier beta or something different?
When all the serious issues are fixed in the current beta, it will become stable. Of course, the stable channel is a little behind. Every stable version is picked from the beta channel, after a thorough testing.

slic

28 Jul 2021

orthodox wrote:
28 Jul 2021
slic wrote:
28 Jul 2021

When all the serious issues are fixed in the current beta, it will become stable. Of course, the stable channel is a little behind. Every stable version is picked from the beta channel, after a thorough testing.
I understand anything 'new' needs testing, but I thought simple 'bug fixes' that affect/help the 'stable' version would be pushed out to everyone. Maybe there is more going on under the hood....

Just for clarity (as there seem to be a lot of people complaint about bugs/not getting updated on the stable channel) there are just 2 version of R12 currently - 'Stable access' (which I am assuming is identical the previous beta version as that is when it came out) and beta channel R12 (which is now perhaps more stable as it has had bug fixes)

orthodox
RE Developer

28 Jul 2021

slic wrote:
28 Jul 2021
I understand anything 'new' needs testing, but I thought simple 'bug fixes' that affect/help the 'stable' version would be pushed out to everyone.
Bug fixes are a complicated thing. As soon as time tells the known issues are fixed and no new ones are introduced, it will be pushed to everyone.

DaveyG

11 Aug 2021

@Beta testers. Just a heads up that the latest release on the Beta channel, d152, includes the Mimic sampler. Strangely the release notes for d152 make no mention of it!

deeplink
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2021

GO CHECK THE BETA
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

gkillmaster

20 Aug 2021

I just downloaded 12.2d8 beta and see no updated Combinator. What am I missing?

Thanks!

• Information