2 things are strange

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
billylean

19 Jul 2021

yea maybe sorry I've been trying to explain what is going on what i can do to show you what's happening more clearly is post a file to soundcloud where there are two identical chords being played with a couple seconds in between of silence and you can hear the difference

billylean

19 Jul 2021

check out the difference between these chords..

billylean

19 Jul 2021

i thin k at this point i am just going to bounce it to audio
thanks all

aeox
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2021

Aquila wrote:
19 Jul 2021
I found that Subtractor's oscillators aren't really suitable for a unison instrument like a supersaw as they always start from the same point.

I made a combi patch several years ago that did what you're trying to do and found that whenever I created a new instance or loaded a project with it in there was a second or two of weird phasing as the detuned oscillators began their drift.

Is this along the lines of what you're experiencing? If so, the only workaround I found was to either play the synth manually first, or sequence a note at the start of a song whilst it was muted.
I have experienced the same thing and was thinking this was the issue he is having

PhillipOrdonez

20 Jul 2021

billylean wrote:
19 Jul 2021
check out the difference between these chords..
Are these supposed to be exactly identical chords? 😱

I would just bounce to audio and edit manually, replacing the bad ones with the good ones. 🤷‍♂️ Not ideal but, who knows, this method of making subtractor a poly synth might be creating some sort of issue I have never encountered before.

billylean

22 Jul 2021

arent there any reason programmers or whatever who could help me with this situation??? i spent good money on this program and now its not working the way its supposed to what the fuck am i supposed to do eh??

• Information