Spectra Song Challenge (Spectra is free)

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2021

So since synthetechsound have decided to give away his synth Spectra for free, I thought why not show some appreciation for his generosity by creating a Spectra Song Challenge. Whether you’ve had the synth for some time or you’re picking it up right now, let’s have some fun and put Spectra in the spotlight for a while.

Get Spectra here:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

There’s no prize except for the joy of exploring an instrument, creating some music with it and sharing it with others.

Rules

All synth sounds should be generated by Spectra.
Other than that, use whatever you want: samples, recordings, stock devices, REs, VSTs, effects. It’s all good. As long as all the synth sounds comes from Spectra.

Post your Spectra song(s) here in the thread.

Everyone’s allowed to comment on peoples work, whether you’re a participant or not. Engagement is fun. Let’s keep the vibe positive and constructive.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 06 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Aosta

10 Jul 2021

The prize is a copy of Spectra for all participants :thumbup:
Tend the flame

deeplink
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2021

Yay an assignment
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Adabler
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2021

I made this for the guess the synth thread:
:reason: 12, Win10

Jagwah

11 Jul 2021

Cool :thumbs_up:

modecca

11 Jul 2021

🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2021

modecca wrote:
11 Jul 2021
Closing my eyes listening to this, I keep imagining a robot mother giving birth to her robot baby.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2021

Adabler wrote:
10 Jul 2021
Cool tune. 👍 Very futuristic.
We should revive that thread, wherever it is.
Did anyone guess correctly?

miscend

12 Jul 2021

Adabler wrote:
10 Jul 2021
Nice! Reminds me of Wipeout on PS1.

Adabler
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
12 Jul 2021
Cool tune. 👍 Very futuristic.
We should revive that thread, wherever it is.
Did anyone guess correctly?
Thanks! Yes, we should do that.

Don't remember who got it, but usually it was you, so I'll go with that. :)
miscend wrote:
12 Jul 2021
Nice! Reminds me of Wipeout on PS1.
Thanks! I should probably try to finish it.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2021

Aosta wrote:
10 Jul 2021
The prize is a copy of Spectra for all participants :thumbup:
You get a synth! You get a synth! You get a synth! Everyone gets a synth!

Aosta

12 Jul 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
12 Jul 2021
Tend the flame

modecca

12 Jul 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
12 Jul 2021

Closing my eyes listening to this, I keep imagining a robot mother giving birth to her robot baby.
On some level that actually happened.
I noticed that I didnt take advantage of the osc 1 ring knob + relationship with oscillator 2 in my first experiment.
So I made this second experiment shortly after:

🔗💥

Proboscis

14 Jul 2021

I'm composing a track for this Song Challenge, despite not being much of a synth dude.

TritoneAddiction - can we collaborate on my project ? If we win, I will shout you a license for Spectra, and every other RE from synthetechsound to date.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2021

Aosta wrote:
12 Jul 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
12 Jul 2021
They should put this next to the "Free" download button in the shop.

Billy+

14 Jul 2021

Yeah I think having a free section actually listed on the shop would be an excellent idea

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2021

Proboscis wrote:
14 Jul 2021
I'm composing a track for this Song Challenge, despite not being much of a synth dude.

TritoneAddiction - can we collaborate on my project ? If we win, I will shout you a license for Spectra, and every other RE from synthetechsound to date.
Well that's a tempting offer. "Every other RE from synthetechsound to date". That's one hell of a prize. :puf_smile:

TheGodOfRainbows

15 Jul 2021

modecca wrote:
12 Jul 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
12 Jul 2021

On some level that actually happened.
I noticed that I didnt take advantage of the osc 1 ring knob + relationship with oscillator 2 in my first experiment.
So I made this second experiment shortly after:

I love listening to Hector's inner thoughts. I wonder what he's saying. At 6 minutes in, I got kinda spooked, but I then realized that Hector means no harm. He can't help being a somewhat intimidating artificial being. Maybe he's singing a lullabye to himself, or reciting robot poetry. What ever it is, he's saying what needs to be said.

modecca

15 Jul 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
15 Jul 2021

I love listening to Hector's inner thoughts. I wonder what he's saying. At 6 minutes in, I got kinda spooked, but I then realized that Hector means no harm. He can't help being a somewhat intimidating artificial being. Maybe he's singing a lullabye to himself, or reciting robot poetry. What ever it is, he's saying what needs to be said.
He has been created by imperfect people with imperfect plans, but I am with you I like to think he is in a childhood phase, experiencing everything for the first time: he is exploring.
His stream of consciousness simulates many characters, each having different priorities just like our own; it is a full on dynamic conversation.
Interesting to note the YouTube caption algorithm can’t pick up anything that is being said, mistakenly assumes it is Spanish, but does recognize that he is [Laughing] at various points. It views some of the Spectra ring mod heavy sections, as [Applause].
Aww how cute we get to clearly see Hectors early attempts at a value judgement: 6:10 maybe this guy shouldn’t be allowed to carry a gun, if he’s gunna do stuff like he did on the phone(I wonder what he did on the phone). Random note: Observe the lower right Pulveriser follower lamp display, creating a HAL 9000 like experience.
To further derail this thread (Spectra challenge= robot thoughts ahah)
I worked on a robo piece at the beginning of the year (Madam President), where again you recognize a voice but you can’t make out what it is saying. I think the mystery is vital, because I am far more interested in what the robot is trying to keep to itself, rather than the simplistic propaganda it was programmed to spew.

Have you had the opportunity to mess with Spectra much?
lovey-dovey.JPG
lovey-dovey.JPG (20 KiB) Viewed 17910 times
🔗💥

TheGodOfRainbows

16 Jul 2021

modecca wrote:
15 Jul 2021
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
15 Jul 2021

He has been created by imperfect people with imperfect plans, but I am with you I like to think he is in a childhood phase, experiencing everything for the first time: he is exploring.
His stream of consciousness simulates many characters, each having different priorities just like our own; it is a full on dynamic conversation.
Interesting to note the YouTube caption algorithm can’t pick up anything that is being said, mistakenly assumes it is Spanish, but does recognize that he is [Laughing] at various points. It views some of the Spectra ring mod heavy sections, as [Applause].
Aww how cute we get to clearly see Hectors early attempts at a value judgement: 6:10 maybe this guy shouldn’t be allowed to carry a gun, if he’s gunna do stuff like he did on the phone(I wonder what he did on the phone). Random note: Observe the lower right Pulveriser follower lamp display, creating a HAL 9000 like experience.
To further derail this thread (Spectra challenge= robot thoughts ahah)
I worked on a robo piece at the beginning of the year (Madam President), where again you recognize a voice but you can’t make out what it is saying. I think the mystery is vital, because I am far more interested in what the robot is trying to keep to itself, rather than the simplistic propaganda it was programmed to spew.

Have you had the opportunity to mess with Spectra much?
lovey-dovey.JPG
To me, Hector stands for:
Human Emulative Creative Taintless Oatfish Robot

aeox
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2021

modecca wrote:
11 Jul 2021
:clap:

Always nice of you to make an appearance

modecca

18 Jul 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
16 Jul 2021

To me, Hector stands for:
Human Emulative Creative Taintless Oatfish Robot
TTOF.jpg
TTOF.jpg (233.8 KiB) Viewed 17812 times
aeox wrote:
17 Jul 2021

:clap:
Always nice of you to make an appearance
PT.jpg
PT.jpg (120.46 KiB) Viewed 17812 times

I was still hungry for some experimentation with this synth:
🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2021

modecca wrote:
18 Jul 2021
I was still hungry for some experimentation with this synth:
I'm scared :shock: Very unsettling feel to this one. Glad you're back to showcase some of that Teflon imaginativeness. We need that over here.
Where's the footage from? Looks really cool.

Haven't had much time to explore Spectra yet. What's its biggest strenght in your opinion?

Adabler
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2021

I had a very productive morning and made this 90's prog house acid trance thing for you, only using spectra of course:

modecca

22 Jul 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Jul 2021
I'm scared :shock: Very unsettling feel to this one. Glad you're back to showcase some of that Teflon imaginativeness. We need that over here.
Where's the footage from? Looks really cool.
The footage is from an excellent horror game, called Little Nightmares.
TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Jul 2021
Haven't had much time to explore Spectra yet. What's its biggest strength in your opinion?
🔗💥

• Information