OP-1 Just got usb audio! (but there's problems)

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Re8et
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2021

Amazing! 10 years on and its still receiving updates!
I updated the firmware, plugged into my pc, opened Reason and sound was coming out from
an audio channel! At first nothing, but after some time with Reason open eventually
I got sound!
Not sure how Reason saw it, but I had volume control, could add effects, and play live with tempo sync!

And the best part... no windows warnings of bad drivers :)

The banner feature is that USB audio device in and out, though. So that means instead of audio card, you can stream right into your Mac or PC – or even iOS or Android device (any OS that supports USB audio class). It’s an ideal scenario for recording stuff, especially on the go.

https://teenage.engineering/now
https://cdm.link/2021/07/teenage-engine ... ee-update/

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Aug 2021

And now is gone...
I wanted to do a small guide on it but I can't see the OP-1 in audio devices.
I don't know how it went working on with reason (it started sounding after a while without me doing nothing) so I don't know what happened...
I have been trying to update win 10 usb audio codecs, trobleshooting... but nothing... Op-1 does only works as a midi interface...
If anyone has some hint of it working on win 10, pls write about it..

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Aug 2021

Ok, I got it.
There was a new update, 243, and I had 242.
With the 243 finally I could see the OP-1 in device manager both as Synthesizer in sound card and recording.
Without Asio4All Reason could not figure it out to have two soundcards at the same time... time for a preference upgrade in R12??

Here it is, Op-1 as input on Audio channel, and out to main desktop Audio!
teop1usb.PNG
teop1usb.PNG (942.74 KiB) Viewed 1367 times

Re8et
Competition Winner

13 Aug 2021

I made my first track witj the OP-1, and all four Roland Boutiques I have, in usb audio mode in Reason.
Some massive latency everywhere in play, random slow down and freezes...
To sync the drums to the track, where I used player sequences and others for writing down, was a nightmare and I could only make it in bounce mode...
The Op-1 suffered the same high latency as all the other Roland synths, with the D-05 being the worst in the buck, the one that caused partial freezes...
However it still is a miracle to me to have ever connected 5 usb audio to Reason at the same time...
track is not super, but it's my first in this new usb audio thingy...

• Information