How many new users aware of Rewards?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2021

Well we all know the general consensus on Rewards so I won’t drag that up again. (Just for the record I’m sitting on 115 points...usch)
Anyway...you’re a new user. You login and hopefully scroll down to the bottom of the homepage and press on Shop...up comes a menu and within that menu there’s a link to Rewards. So you get curious and click on that which takes you to a list of REs. No context and no explanation of why they’re there in a subsection but there you go.
Yeah...you can click on My Account and then click on Rewards and arrive at the explanation of what is actually going on so you can make the connection. Woohoo!!! Then you realize how totally worthless the whole thing is and understand why it was hidden deep within the RS website and...oops, sorry, I said I wasn’t going to drag all that up again.
So...wondering how many new users are even aware of it and why RS have just abandoned it instead of making it a feature which is regularly added to.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

09 Jun 2021

I'm really surprised they still have the reward thing, because it just sits there with the same old small number of REs in it. It's really not very rewarding. I reckon they should kill it off and throw a small bone to anyone who has points built up to compensate for the loss of them. Maybe a special Reason Pack or something.

Can anyone with the subscription tell me whether you are accumulating reward points from the subs fee? Because those are going to quickly build up and have nowhere to go.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2021

Woah, I never knew this was a thing. Just learned I have the impressive amount of 91 reward points. I guess I should wait to get to 100 and gest two 50% off vouchers.

TIL!

deigm

09 Jun 2021

Quarmat wrote:
09 Jun 2021
Woah, I never knew this was a thing. Just learned I have the impressive amount of 91 reward points. I guess I should wait to get to 100 and gest two 50% off vouchers.

TIL!
Just don't cash your points in for a voucher until you've found something in the rewards shop you want to buy. The vouchers expire but the points don't seem to.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2021

deigm wrote:
09 Jun 2021
Quarmat wrote:
09 Jun 2021

TIL!
Just don't cash your points in for a voucher until you've found something in the rewards shop you want to buy. The vouchers expire but the points don't seem to.
Don’t bother cashing them in at all. The stuff that’s in the rewards section regularly goes on sale and you’ll get it cheaper than if you bought it with a voucher. That said though...the only two worth buying using your vouchers if you don’t already have them are texture and nostromo (Lectric Panda).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ekss
RE Developer

09 Jun 2021

I’m not a new user but I have no idea what rewards are all about. Will need to use the “map” of OP to try finding info on it in the intricate maze that RS web site is 😄

deeplink
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2021

Rewards have been stale since I can remember.

What a good place to put say, a discounted R+ subscription, 12 upgrade or - at the very least - some of Reason's own products.

It's just bizzare to have a loyalty programme than isn't actually loyal to current users.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

client6

09 Jun 2021

Yeah...I have 183 points and like someone mentioned...I got Resonans on sale without any points for cheaper than if I had used the points. I was thinking about doing the same with Stringwerk but had spent too much during the May sale already.

It's a bummer it seems they can't be really utilized in a fashion most users (here at least) are satisfied. Even if they had something like half the value of their "reward" in the regular store (ie: $50 voucher in reward store worth $25 in regular store) that would be significantly better than the current state that just seems to make people (myself included) irked and disappointed with Reason Studios implementation of a loyalty system.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2021

I contacted them three or four months ago and asked why there had been next to no change in the selection of REs available since they introduced rewards. They said something along the lines of that they would highlight for the commercial team that this would need reviewing sooner or later. Looks like it’s going to be later...or never.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

doze

09 Jun 2021

I have way too many seemingly useless rewards. Would be great if they were just generally useable in the shop as a whole.

WaxTrax

09 Jun 2021

The other part that sucks is you can't apply multiple vouchers toward a single purchase. Many of us have 100+ points saved up, but you can't claim two vouchers and apply them both toward a single item, which means in order to use the rewards, you are still forced to spend money. Genius marketing at work.

Yonatan

09 Jun 2021

Why all RS items are not there is a mystery...
What does it cost them?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2021

Yes the reward system is sadly pretty damn useless for most people, myself included. I have 97 reward points. But as others have said already, you can't combine several vouchers, or combine your voucher with an item on sale. Normal sales can offer better deals than the rewards. What's on offer in the reward list is very limited and (almost) never changes.
I'm sure there have been a lucky few that have gotten a decent deal from the rewards, but for most of us it's been of no use.

I suspect the whole thing will die out. I think they're just waiting till everyone's forgotten about it, which should be pretty soon. Maybe RS already forgotten about it themselves :lol:
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 09 Jun 2021, edited 1 time in total.

hurricane
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2021

I've never paid any attention to Rewards, but I'm looking for a RE synth with a "modern" sound and a large pool of presets so I might use mine on ReSpire. I think it's the best synth RE and even though it's been abandoned (i think) it still has the sound I'm looking for, and there are literally a billion presets out there for it (the converter is still up and works). $49 for the Spire sound is pretty tempting, especially since I don't think the RE is going to be on sale anytime soon. I don't believe it went on sale for May Madness either. When i use Reason as a DAW I only want to work with REs and there is a big hole out there where the RE landscape is missing a synth similar to Serum, Vital, Rapid, ANA2, Spire, Avenger...basically today's "it" synths. I don't have many REs, and I use the RRP in Logic (which is the PERFECT combination), but lately when I work in Reason I don't want the VST/AU bloat I have in Logic. However, there are certain areas REs do not cover, and a modern synth with HUGE sound designer support is one of those areas. So I'm thinking of using my rewards.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

integerpoet

09 Jun 2021

Hilarious. I didn't even know rewards were a thing until just now and I apparently already have 99 points.

One more point until I can get a voucher for… Excuse me, two vouchers for $50 off, yes?

But if I can't combine vouchers… then I guess there's no reason to wait until I reach 100?

I'm not seeing anything I don't already have that I want badly enough that $50 off makes a difference.

I get the impression that's the usual story here?

Oh, I guess $50 off might motivate me toward StringWERK. But I kinda expect to get my grubby little mitts on Friktion eventually, so…

Yonatan

10 Jun 2021

Just add subscriptions (both R+ and ordinary RE sub) and also Reason upgrades, to the reward shop, and all of the RS RE:s, and let people at least get any use of it. For the RE:s in the shop that is like €109, a 25 or 50 voucher is not much of a reward, but at least put in the latest RE:s.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2021

Just give people the vouchers to spend on new DAWs 😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dvdrtldg

10 Jun 2021

Reason's rewards are annoying, but the Cheap Chisellers Award for Insulting Customers' Intelligence really has to go to Waves for the "voucher" they give you when you upgrade your plugins

"For every dollar you spend on a renewed Waves Update Plan, you will receive a Waves voucher for the same amount"

Cool! I just spent $240 updating all my plugins. This means I get a voucher for the same amount! Yeah! $240 to spend on Waves products, let's go shopping!

Oh, but hang on a minute. The voucher

* may be redeemed only for up to 50% on a plugin bundle, or 25% on a single plugin
* cannot be combined with multiple plugin discounts
* can be used for one order only and does not carry a remaining balance

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Lov2sing

10 Jun 2021

If you own 11 Suite; like I do, then you will find you own most of the things in the Rewards shop. Plus around Black Friday you can get Softtube for sometimes 50% off which is better than the Reward shop. The true reward is to be able to use the points even if something goes on sale; which at this time you cannot do. The real crazy thing, not all Reason RE/Players are in the reward shop. If they were all there, I believe anytime I purchase anything it would help me to keep my Suite up to date for far less than waiting for a sale (twice a year).
We make music for a reason

Bonkhead

10 Jul 2021

Wow, I did not even know about this reward system, I have 95 points so I can get Nostromo down from 64 to 14 if I like. And the Torsion from 74 to 24 if I get 5 more points.
Very Temping !!!!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2021

Bonkhead wrote:
10 Jul 2021
Wow, I did not even know about this reward system, I have 95 points so I can get Nostromo down from 64 to 14 if I like. And the Torsion from 74 to 24 if I get 5 more points.
Very Temping !!!!
If it hadn’t been for Panda I don’t think many people would have used their points. He did a good thing. And those two REs are great into the bargain.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Tinnitus

13 Jul 2021

I don't feel like this is a reward system at all TBH. The max discount is £50 on a limited selection of full price REs ( which cannot be resold as we all know).
They really should allow multiple vouchers to be used.

Especially seeing how the vouchers time out after a year.

LPanda Torsion was a purchase but as a suite and rig owner there really isn't anything left that interests me. The product selection needs to be expanded.

Jagwah

13 Jul 2021

I've never looked but it sounds like a load of old bollox :)

JohnnyFave

16 Jul 2021

Bought / upgraded to Suite last year and have purchased many 3rd party racks... anticipating having a wonderful time in the Rewards Store as some point. When I was finally ready to purchase found that I couldn't combine Reward Vouchers to attain some goodies at no cost. The maximum is $50 towards a purchase - damn I was pissed. At the time I had been really liking the Plugin Boutique Rewards model and naive me thought Reason would be the same - especially considering it does NOT say ANYWHERE on the Rewards page that more than one Reward Voucher could be used at a time. That is such BS!!! :x :x :x :x

So I remain... with 282 Reward points in the coffer, and a real grudge towards the useless Reason "Rewards."

huggermugger

17 Jul 2021

Quarmat wrote:
09 Jun 2021

TIL!
Yeah, and do what with them? Buy an overpriced RE that you don't need just to save money? Because that's about the only option in the "Rewards" Store.

• Information