I bought a Digitakt

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
EdGrip

16 Jun 2021

ekss wrote:
25 May 2021
EdGrip wrote:
20 May 2021
I think you can use effects on the external input with the Digitone? So it makes a better pseudo-mixer than the Digitakt. They're such jammable boxes.
Indeed a great combo, i use them almost like one instrument; Digitakt audio out to Digitone audio inputs, and same with MIDI - so I can have MIDI tracks on the Digitakt sequencing the Digitone. So much fun!
Just saw the upgrade - released JUST as I happened to visit the Elektron site (which I don't do very often). I've installed it, and.... it's got a proper external input mixer! You can use the L/R inputs as sidechain source for the compressor, but most importantly, you can - individually - send them to the delay and reverb! This really improves the Digitakt's usefulness as a little DAWless hub. Room for two monosynths...

You can turn the LEDs down!

MOAR LFOs!

And the handover between LP and HP filters works now. Great stuff.

ekss
RE Developer

22 Jun 2021

EdGrip wrote:
16 Jun 2021
ekss wrote:
25 May 2021

Indeed a great combo, i use them almost like one instrument; Digitakt audio out to Digitone audio inputs, and same with MIDI - so I can have MIDI tracks on the Digitakt sequencing the Digitone. So much fun!
Just saw the upgrade - released JUST as I happened to visit the Elektron site (which I don't do very often). I've installed it, and.... it's got a proper external input mixer! You can use the L/R inputs as sidechain source for the compressor, but most importantly, you can - individually - send them to the delay and reverb! This really improves the Digitakt's usefulness as a little DAWless hub. Room for two monosynths...

You can turn the LEDs down!

MOAR LFOs!

And the handover between LP and HP filters works now. Great stuff.
Truely an awesome update! Also don’t forget the new filter EQ and Base Width filter, so much more flexibility for sound sculpting. Now I love it even more!

EdGrip

01 Jul 2021

To whom it may concern:

It is absolutely worth spending two tracks on the clap.

slic

01 Jul 2021

selig wrote:
30 Mar 2021
I've looked a bit at those, but currently in a holding pattern waiting to see what Korg comes up with…
https://www.engadget.com/korg-drumlogue ... 51470.html
Ditto (+ I already have a RYTM and A4)
I love the logue SDK stuff and already have an NTK (I use mainly as FX in Euro) and Minilogue XD...so if I buy a logue SDK device I can use it 3 times!

PhillipOrdonez

01 Jul 2021

EdGrip wrote:
01 Jul 2021
To whom it may concern:

Please elaborate? 🤓

EdGrip

01 Jul 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
01 Jul 2021
EdGrip wrote:
01 Jul 2021
To whom it may concern:

Please elaborate? 🤓
Just if you're doing house styles etc - two different clap samples, panned left and right, maybe one with more reverb than the other, maybe one with delay the other without. Maybe move them a tad off grid. Super tasty.

You can always use all the clapless beats to sample-lock something else on those tracks if you need to.

PhillipOrdonez

01 Jul 2021

EdGrip wrote:
01 Jul 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
01 Jul 2021

Please elaborate? 🤓
Just if you're doing house styles etc - two different clap samples, panned left and right, maybe one with more reverb than the other, maybe one with delay the other without. Maybe move them a tad off grid. Super tasty.

You can always use all the clapless beats to sample-lock something else on those tracks if you need to.
Cool. House styles is all I do!

Emian

10 Jul 2021

hey guys!

After buying a Model: Cyycles a month ago i now also have a Digitakt.

I love the combo, but i'm having trouble syncing with Reason...

I can send & record MIDI data to the Cycles perfectly, but i'd also like to use Beatmap or Drum Sequencer to record drum patterns on the Digitakt.

Any advice on setting this up properly?

Thx in advance !!

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

demt

15 Jul 2021

Erm I thought about the digikat yet the serendipity noodlebox won ,fits seamlessly into my modular rig , yet to test it in reason 12 I'd luv to see a noodlebox vs dogikat shoot out.That said it wipes out every sequencer I've ever had and that's quite a few.
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

EdGrip

18 Jul 2021

demt wrote:
15 Jul 2021
Erm I thought about the digikat yet the serendipity noodlebox won ,fits seamlessly into my modular rig , yet to test it in reason 12 I'd luv to see a noodlebox vs dogikat shoot out.That said it wipes out every sequencer I've ever had and that's quite a few.
Digitakt is a sampler and sample player/mangler/sequencer first and a MIDI sequencer second. It has no CV functionality. As far as I can see, the Noodlebox has no sampling functionality.

The Digitakt MIDI sequencer works best for basslines and mono synths - you can put up to 4-note chords on a step, but doing so is rudimentary. Its party trick is having LFOs on the MIDI tracks so you can modulate CC parameters and/or sequence them along with the notes, add probability, etc.

They're very different machines for different purposes.

demt

19 Jul 2021

Thank christ I bought the noodle box digikats blurb about being a great sequencer was getting to me
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Cableguy

25 Nov 2021

I hope it is ok that I hijack this thread for my question. What is the best way to record a perfect drum loop from a Digitakt into Reason?

My first try with Reason as clock master was not tide. I want the loop to be on the bar. Or is that not possible generally and I have to manually move and chop the recorded audio?

PhillipOrdonez

25 Nov 2021

Cableguy wrote:
25 Nov 2021
I hope it is ok that I hijack this thread for my question. What is the best way to record a perfect drum loop from a Digitakt into Reason?

My first try with Reason as clock master was not tide. I want the loop to be on the bar. Or is that not possible generally and I have to manually move and chop the recorded audio?
I gave up all hopes of synchronicity with the computer and just record the multitrack out of the digitakt via overbridge using the standalone app and then import them into the daw, slice the beginning of the recording and go to town with it. 🤷‍♂️

Cableguy

26 Nov 2021

How do you handle it that pan and fx are missing in the individual tracks?

Cableguy

29 Nov 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Nov 2021
I gave up all hopes of synchronicity with the computer and just record the multitrack out of the digitakt via overbridge using the standalone app and then import them into the daw, slice the beginning of the recording and go to town with it. 🤷‍♂️

PhillipOrdonez

29 Nov 2021

Cableguy wrote:
29 Nov 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Nov 2021
Can have the effects individually with a bit of routing. Can't remember right now how it is done. It's not important to me because I don't use the effects much cause I prefer adding that in post. I have several different workflows with the digitakt and other hardware so it varies anyway, but I seldom use the delay and reverb from the digitakt.

Same goes for panning, though I do use a lot the panning to send two separate mono outputs to a mixer, but that's a different story.

• Information