High resolution Reason is here!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
helmutson

15 Jul 2021

It's an unfinished product ... an early beta version in my eyes. Performance is down, the RRP loads slower, the loading time of the devices/REs is slower (esp. combinators). Everything looks terrible, blurred exept the rack (but that takes so much time). Not good ... after giving it some days, I deleted everything again, wasted time ... RS has a LOT work to do to make it release ready ...

... and seriously, I can't accept this "hires loading time behaviour" in the finished product sometime, it's so annoying ... no other plugin or device window I know has that "problem" ... don't get me wrong, I would love HD RE's and HD Reason, but not like that ...
Last edited by helmutson on 15 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Ermitage

15 Jul 2021

helmutson wrote:
15 Jul 2021
It's an unfinished product ... an early beta version in my eyes. Performance is down, the RRP loads slower, the loading time of the devices/REs is slower (esp. combinators). Everything looks terrible, blurred exept the rack (but that takes so much time). Not good ... after giving it some days, I deleted everything again, wasted time ... RS has a LOT work to do to make it release ready ...
It's looking like it might be a repeat of the introduction of VST support in 9.5 - That implementation was also totally half-baked when it came out and it was essentially a beta feature until 10.3.

VariableX

15 Jul 2021

ok i bought the 3 dollar 3 month ( only paid a dollar so far)
I have no intension of paying for Reason+ proper and am awaiting my 12 upgrade as part of the upgrading to Reason 11 deal.

I was pumped to try it hires early and $3 seemed like a bargain. I wanted to run at 140% but even hours later devices are blurred, the transport play stop and other buttons are blurred .... changed to 120% hours later blurred, so back to 100% now im not on a high res screen think its 1900 by 1080 or something so maybe I shouldn't be paying with the zoom?

I also wanted to try a few devices and check the sound packs...
Friktion is awesome ( bit blurry haha ) but it really sounds good to me, im not one for buying synths because i have so many but you know if it was on super sale i might bite.

The sound packs seem a bit meh to me too, ive only tried a couple i suppose, but they are like 10 sounds each and i quickly removed the ones i installed.. i guess if you wanna hear sounds from a style and get inspired they are useful..but i have so many presets and real sound packs from loopmasters i doubt i'd be using them unless i got interested in a completely different genre.

I am looking forward to the proper upgrade...but probably should have waited..

From memory i think the download was 4gb but included the standard sound librarys, maybe it should give you the option to exclude these and include the hires images?

so all up - disappointing, but, still pumped and caint wait for perpetual R12 to drop!

Faastwalker

15 Jul 2021

VariableX wrote:
15 Jul 2021
Same. Currently I'm somewhat 'nonplussed' as it goes :lol:

Zac

15 Jul 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
15 Jul 2021
VariableX wrote:
15 Jul 2021
Same. Currently I'm somewhat 'nonplussed' as it goes :lol:
Lol 😂

loui
Reason Studios

15 Jul 2021

Deep Schulzz wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Something must be wrong with this early version of R12. All my projects need much more time to load and what is more annoying they need more than twice as much of RAM. That means that even 16 GB of RAM are quickly insufficient on my 2 music PCs (I7 88770K, 16 GB RAM & I9 9900K 16 GB RAM).
Unfortunately - despite the improved graphics, until now I don't have much fun with this version. Frustrated. Hoping for fast fixes. :puf_unhappy:
This would be interesting to have a closer look at. I will send you a PM

/Loui

Deep Schulzz

15 Jul 2021

I also noticed a unpredictable utilization of up to 100% of the SSD hard disk. I think it can even damage the PC. I have to close the project then and open it again. Then this SSD thing is mostly over and the SSD is 0% -1%..
I never had anything like this in the previous versions. I'll try to uninstall R12 and install R11 again. I hope this will work. One can only warn against this version.
Btw: My computer spects are quite normal. Win 10; I7 8700K and I9 9900K on Gigabyte boards and and two passive graphics cards each with current drivers. Geforce GT 1030 and a (older) AMD Radeon R7 200 Series.
Last edited by Deep Schulzz on 15 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.

epoch

15 Jul 2021

Steedus wrote:
15 Jul 2021
Is this either the new sampler, or combinator? From the announcement video around 1:08.

new-device-maybe.jpg
I'll bet you that's the new sampler...

stratatonic

15 Jul 2021

epoch wrote:
15 Jul 2021
Steedus wrote:
15 Jul 2021
Is this either the new sampler, or combinator? From the announcement video around 1:08.

new-device-maybe.jpg
It's not the new sampler.

stratatonic

15 Jul 2021

chimp_spanner wrote:
13 Jul 2021
hurricane wrote:
13 Jul 2021

they way I do it is I delete everything in user/library/application support/propellerhead software/rackextensions
Thanks mate, I'm still not entirely sure where everything lives on Mac after a lifetime on PC. I'll try it :)
You have to use the Library from the Finder. There is no Rack Extension folder from the User Library - at least on my OS version.
(Click Go in the top bar after clicking the desktop. Press Option key and that Library will show up).
I found shit ton GBs of Rack Extension demos (a-list guitars, Stringworks etc that I never bought that just take up drive space)

selig
RE Developer

15 Jul 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
15 Jul 2021
In any case, still feel like the Hi-Res function is a bit on the clunky side. And would have loved to have it for each element of Reason as opposed to the whole thing. Again, maybe my monitor?!
These are two different features, rack/device zooming and application zoom. Application zooming was done first (has been requested for YEARS!), hopefully device zooming will be relatively quick to follow.
Selig Audio, LLC

slic

15 Jul 2021

stratatonic wrote:
15 Jul 2021
epoch wrote:
15 Jul 2021

Some a few posts before said it was, what makes you think it isn't out of interest? (and if it isn't, what is it!)

stratatonic

15 Jul 2021

slic wrote:
15 Jul 2021
stratatonic wrote:
15 Jul 2021

Some a few posts before said it was, what makes you think it isn't out of interest? (and if it isn't, what is it!)
The screenshots from the Reason 12 announcement don't look like what was posted earlier.
Sampler1.jpeg
Sampler1.jpeg (56.2 KiB) Viewed 5080 times
Sampler2.jpeg
Sampler2.jpeg (52.16 KiB) Viewed 5080 times
new-device-maybe.jpg
new-device-maybe.jpg (125.8 KiB) Viewed 5076 times

StephenHutchinson

15 Jul 2021

VariableX wrote:
15 Jul 2021
ok i bought the 3 dollar 3 month ( only paid a dollar so far)
I have no intension of paying for Reason+ proper and am awaiting my 12 upgrade as part of the upgrading to Reason 11 deal.

I was pumped to try it hires early and $3 seemed like a bargain. I wanted to run at 140% but even hours later devices are blurred, the transport play stop and other buttons are blurred .... changed to 120% hours later blurred, so back to 100% now im not on a high res screen think its 1900 by 1080 or something so maybe I shouldn't be paying with the zoom?

I also wanted to try a few devices and check the sound packs...
Friktion is awesome ( bit blurry haha ) but it really sounds good to me, im not one for buying synths because i have so many but you know if it was on super sale i might bite.

The sound packs seem a bit meh to me too, ive only tried a couple i suppose, but they are like 10 sounds each and i quickly removed the ones i installed.. i guess if you wanna hear sounds from a style and get inspired they are useful..but i have so many presets and real sound packs from loopmasters i doubt i'd be using them unless i got interested in a completely different genre.

From memory i think the download was 4gb but included the standard sound librarys, maybe it should give you the option to exclude these and include the hires images?

so all up - disappointing, but, still pumped and caint wait for perpetual R12 to drop!
Did you remember to go into the Reason+ Companion app and "Upgrade Installed Devices to Hi-Res" under Reason+ Rack Extensions as well as under "Your other licenced Rack Extensions" ?
Attachments
Upgraded Installed devices to hi-res REs.png
Upgraded Installed devices to hi-res REs.png (18.95 KiB) Viewed 5058 times
Upgrade Installed Devices to Hi-Res.png
Upgrade Installed Devices to Hi-Res.png (17.78 KiB) Viewed 5058 times
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

epoch

15 Jul 2021

stratatonic wrote:
15 Jul 2021
slic wrote:
15 Jul 2021

The screenshots from the Reason 12 announcement don't look like what was posted earlier.
Sampler1.jpeg

Sampler2.jpeg

new-device-maybe.jpg
Those are just wireframe mockups used for a presentation, there's no indication that the final rack devices will match those layouts at all.

Carpainter

15 Jul 2021

Ermitage wrote:
15 Jul 2021
It's looking like it might be a repeat of the introduction of VST support in 9.5 - That implementation was also totally half-baked when it came out and it was essentially a beta feature until 10.3.
I'd argue that VST implementation is still in beta since we don't have VST3 support yet.

slic

15 Jul 2021

epoch wrote:
15 Jul 2021
stratatonic wrote:
15 Jul 2021

Sampler1.jpeg

Sampler2.jpeg

new-device-maybe.jpg
Those are just wireframe mockups used for a presentation, there's no indication that the final rack devices will match those layouts at all.
I joked that the new 'creative' sampler may be a bit like an Electron Octotrack and those mock ups could be something like that (8 sample tracks?) - they look more like a sampler than the bottom of the GUI show which could be anything.

fullforce

15 Jul 2021

This is high resolution? Is this some sort of joke?
reason12.png
reason12.png (39.82 KiB) Viewed 4850 times
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

fullforce

15 Jul 2021

selig wrote:
15 Jul 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
15 Jul 2021
In any case, still feel like the Hi-Res function is a bit on the clunky side. And would have loved to have it for each element of Reason as opposed to the whole thing. Again, maybe my monitor?!
These are two different features, rack/device zooming and application zoom. Application zooming was done first (has been requested for YEARS!), hopefully device zooming will be relatively quick to follow.
Kludge job if you ask me.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

avasopht
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2021

Carpainter wrote:
15 Jul 2021
Ermitage wrote:
15 Jul 2021
I'd argue that VST implementation is still in beta since we don't have VST3 support yet.
That's not what beta means.

VST3 support is a completely different feature to VST2.

helmutson

15 Jul 2021

fullforce wrote:
15 Jul 2021
This is high resolution? Is this some sort of joke?

reason12.png
yes, thats hires before the "real" hires is loaded ... and that takes time, hopefully only for this "early access" R12 version ... and no, not a joke ...

fullforce

15 Jul 2021

Also, the ugliest splash screen ever.
reasonsplash.png
reasonsplash.png (31.8 KiB) Viewed 4797 times

fullforce

15 Jul 2021

helmutson wrote:
15 Jul 2021

yes, thats hires before the "real" hires is loaded ... and that takes time, hopefully only for this "early access" R12 version ... and no, not a joke ...
I see. Yeah it's ok now. Didn't they say that all RE's would be hi-res? Doesn't look like it.

fullforce

15 Jul 2021

helmutson wrote:
15 Jul 2021

... and seriously, I can't accept this "hires loading time behaviour" in the finished product sometime, it's so annoying ... no other plugin or device window I know has that "problem" ... don't get me wrong, I would love HD RE's and HD Reason, but not like that ...
Spot on. This is nowhere near release ready. And that splash screen! Ugh! Compare it to this!
reason9splash.png
reason9splash.png (22.62 KiB) Viewed 4791 times

helmutson

15 Jul 2021

fullforce wrote:
15 Jul 2021
helmutson wrote:
15 Jul 2021

I see. Yeah it's ok now. Didn't they say that all RE's would be hi-res? Doesn't look like it.
... naa, I mean it takes time before the hires is loaded, a lot time under some circumstances ... but then every RE is hires, the big mixer too, but all the other stuff still looks terrible. Wait, not in 100% zoom factor, then it is like it was in R11, like you're not using R12 , but only after that loading time ... it's complicated - I hope you'll understand :D

• Information