Looking for beta testers for Photon - a new shimmerverb Rack Extension

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
hamzter
RE Developer

14 Jul 2021

Hello!

After a few years' hiatus, Love One Consulting is proud to unveil its new Rack Extension: Photon Particle Splitter - a shimmerverb effect for Reason.

To get an idea of what it can do:

If you'd like to beta test Photon, please PM me here at ReasonTalk!

Thank you!
/Gustav

Heater

14 Jul 2021

I'll beta test. I have a MacBook Pro (intel), MacBook Air (M1 and iMac (Intel).

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2021

Absolutely. PM you.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Pepe Pinapple

14 Jul 2021

:clap: :clap: :clap: I would love to.... PM :thumbs_up:

Steedus
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2021

Absolutely. Love the audio demo.

tiker01

14 Jul 2021

Hey man,

Good to see you around. I would be happy to give this a new RE a spin.

BR,

tiker01

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

MarkTarlton

14 Jul 2021

I would like to help out, shimmer verb is one of my favorites. I'm a huge Eno fan and have quite a few types of these effects including software and hardware. Great to see you back!

integerpoet

14 Jul 2021

For a few moments there the demo evoked Houses of the Holy, a favorite during my pre-teen years. So thanks for that all by itself! :-)

aeox
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2021

Interesting. I've been using your particle emitter as part of shimmerverb cmb for a while now!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2021

aeox wrote:
14 Jul 2021
Interesting. I've been using your particle emitter as part of shimmerverb cmb for a while now!
Think Selig built a pretty cool shimmer combi using Neutron.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Faastwalker

14 Jul 2021

Excellent to see LoveOne back. Love LoveOne RE’s 👍

strangers
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2021

Very interested and message sent. One of my favorite RE developers.

aeox
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
14 Jul 2021
aeox wrote:
14 Jul 2021
I do believe he did, thanks for reminding me

selig
RE Developer

15 Jul 2021

aeox wrote:
15 Jul 2021
MrFigg wrote:
14 Jul 2021

I’m using that combi all over my latest project, but maybe this new reverb can replace it - happy to help!
Selig Audio, LLC

JohnnyFave

16 Jul 2021

@OP - Right on! Great to hear you're devving up a Shimmerverb rack! I love shimmerverb!

~ Signed your future customer. ;)

challism

19 Jul 2021

I'm so happy to see LoveOne returning to this space with another RE. LoveOne always puts out some great devices.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

phobic

20 Jul 2021

selig wrote:
15 Jul 2021
aeox wrote:
15 Jul 2021

I’m using that combi all over my latest project, but maybe this new reverb can replace it - happy to help!
Hi Giles,
Would you be willing to post that combi here or by pm? I have the neutron re and followed your post for it back in the day but I don't think the link worked. Didn't want to bother you and thought I'd have a go at trying to build it myself but it never got off the ground!
No worries if you are no longer wanting to share, hope you don't mind me asking :thumbup:

fullforce

20 Jul 2021

challism wrote:
19 Jul 2021
I'm so happy to see LoveOne returning to this space with another RE. LoveOne always puts out some great devices.
It sounds pretty cool. Interface could use some work. It's not as consistent and logical as Jiggery's stuff is.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

selig
RE Developer

20 Jul 2021

phobic wrote:
20 Jul 2021
selig wrote:
15 Jul 2021

Hi Giles,
Would you be willing to post that combi here or by pm? I have the neutron re and followed your post for it back in the day but I don't think the link worked. Didn't want to bother you and thought I'd have a go at trying to build it myself but it never got off the ground!
No worries if you are no longer wanting to share, hope you don't mind me asking :thumbup:
No Problem:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/anqnltguy2ch8 ... b.zip?dl=0
Happy to answer questions if any, also looking to see how close Photon can come to the basic patch which I STILL love and use to this day.
Selig Audio, LLC

phobic

20 Jul 2021

selig wrote:
20 Jul 2021
phobic wrote:
20 Jul 2021

Hi Giles,
No Problem:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/anqnltguy2ch8 ... b.zip?dl=0
Happy to answer questions if any, also looking to see how close Photon can come to the basic patch which I STILL love and use to this day.
Thank you, that's really kind and very much appreciated. I've wanted to try this for such a long time. Looking forward to putting both through their paces :D

MarkTarlton

20 Jul 2021

I actually really like the design of the GUI, it has an 80's vibe to it which goes hand in hand for this kind of effect.

challism

20 Jul 2021

MarkTarlton wrote:
20 Jul 2021
I actually really like the design of the GUI, it has an 80's vibe to it which goes hand in hand for this kind of effect.
I like the GUI, too, but It could use some bigger knobs; they are tiny (just about as big as the buttons). And the rainbow and prism.... I'm likely one of the biggest Pink Floy fans in the world, but I think the rainbow looks bad on this device.

fullforce

21 Jul 2021

challism wrote:
20 Jul 2021
I like the GUI, too, but It could use some bigger knobs; they are tiny (just about as big as the buttons). And the rainbow and prism.... I'm likely one of the biggest Pink Floy fans in the world, but I think the rainbow looks bad on this device.
I just bought a vinyl repressing of Dark Side of the Moon couple weeks ago.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

challism

21 Jul 2021

fullforce wrote:
21 Jul 2021
challism wrote:
20 Jul 2021
I just bought a vinyl repressing of Dark Side of the Moon couple weeks ago.
That is such an amazing album. It holds some records for being on the Billboard charts for so long. I guess your purchase of the vinyl helps with those numbers. I've got it on vinyl, too.

"More than 14 years later [after release]-- 736 weeks to be precise -- in July 1988, it finally fell off The Billboard 200. Add in a later run on that chart and another 759 weeks on the Top Pop Catalog Albums chart, and Pink Floyd, with this issue, reaches the staggering plane of 1,500 weeks on the charts." Interesting read:
https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... -milestone

integerpoet

21 Jul 2021

Wait; we're allowed to topic-drift to Dark Side of the Moon?

I thought only petulant feature demands were allowed?

What's next? The Wizard of Oz? Where does it stop? I'm scared.

• Information