I'm starting to enjoy Reason again

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Heater

14 Jul 2021

Been using Reason since version 1 and a couple of years ago I started to fall out of love for it.
I think a lot of it was to do with my MacBook Pro at the time was simply not strong enough to run it which lead to a lot of frustrations. I had other machines but my laptop was my main go to machine and I couldn't run more then a half a dozen tracks before the dreaded warning signs started to pop up.

Fast forward to today and I'm running R12 on a 3 month trial on my MacBook Air M1 and loving it. The MacBook Air has plenty of power to the point where I don't have to worry about it.

It's brought back the old feelings I had for the Reason. It's been a long time coming.

Billy+

14 Jul 2021

That's interesting as I was after a Mac M1 but have held off while waiting for a native build.

dvdrtldg

14 Jul 2021

Yep I can remember the old routine of bouncing tracks when things started to slow down, putting them in a new mix, then doing it again, and again. Some of my old Reason sessions are huge, with folders within folders within folders full of bounced wav files

I'm not on the M1 yet but the stock Intel processors in the MacBook Pro have been really good for a few years now, it's been a while since I had any problems

PhillipOrdonez

14 Jul 2021

I'm glad you are loving Reason again after you got a capable machine! I remember a few years ago around the release of 10 my computer wasn't able to handle producing a song in Reason 7 anymore without bouncing everything out! I'm on windows but with a decent processor Reason runs super smooth.

Heater

14 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
14 Jul 2021
That's interesting as I was after a Mac M1 but have held off while waiting for a native build.
Performance is great now to be fair. I'm also looking forward to the native build.

EnochLight

14 Jul 2021

My 10 year old pc-build is certainly feeling long in the tooth. Had it not been for COVID's effect on everything, with chip prices soaring and component availability hit or miss, I would have built a new machine this year. But it looks like I'm stuck with this old ass machine another year, because I'm not dropping 130-140% more cash just to build today. Reason is certainly starting to feel like it's sluggish as hell on my system, so I give major props to anyone who puts up with its performance on old ass machines like my own.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

StephenHutchinson

14 Jul 2021

Heater wrote:
14 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
14 Jul 2021
Performance is great now to be fair. I'm also looking forward to the native build.
Is there any information as to whether or not Reason Studios is currently in the works of making a native M1 version of Reason, or planning to in the near future?
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

fullforce

15 Jul 2021

Heater wrote:
14 Jul 2021
Been using Reason since version 1 and a couple of years ago I started to fall out of love for it.
I think a lot of it was to do with my MacBook Pro at the time was simply not strong enough to run it which lead to a lot of frustrations. I had other machines but my laptop was my main go to machine and I couldn't run more then a half a dozen tracks before the dreaded warning signs started to pop up.

Fast forward to today and I'm running R12 on a 3 month trial on my MacBook Air M1 and loving it. The MacBook Air has plenty of power to the point where I don't have to worry about it.

It's brought back the old feelings I had for the Reason. It's been a long time coming.
Interesting. So the Mac download works and the PC version doesn't.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Oberlai

16 Jul 2021

Enjoying the crazy sound laboratory that is Reason isn't hard :) No other DAW packs this many creative tools, not even close. Having a blast every time I use it, always coming up with crazy new sounds quite easily. Favs synths are Malström, Parsec and Europa, and Grain for old samples. Really looking forward to Mimic. Using Reason as my only DAW :reason:

demt

21 Jul 2021

Hoping to use reason more this release i have a plan of16 audio in from my behringe 1820 and tosslink companion treating every auxio channel with reason effects should improve the mix all ive got to do is get a signal out of the optical connecting link to double 8 channels to sixteen knows.
Putting the icing on the cake would b a bank of 16 faders to feed the 16 track sound card ! Am still searcingoogle for it,
however a eurorack case with 16 attenuaters might do the trick for a bout 200 quid
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

demt

21 Jul 2021

Hoping to use reason more this release i have a plan of16 audio in from my behringe 1820 and tosslink companion treating every auxio channel with reason effects should improve the mix all ive got to do is get a signal out of the optical connecting link to double 8 channels to sixteen knows.
Putting the icing on the cake would b a bank of 16 faders to feed the 16 track sound card ! Am still searcingoogle for it,
however a eurorack case with 16 attenuaters might do the trick for a bout 200 quid
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information