Ghosted (Synth Goth)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
man made material

14 Jul 2021

sorry about the vagueness of the Genre - what would you call this... Retro Alternative Dance Goth Pop? :D
anyway everything is stock Reason 11 devices:

mimidancer

05 Oct 2021

man made material wrote:
14 Jul 2021
sorry about the vagueness of the Genre - what would you call this... Retro Alternative Dance Goth Pop? :D

This has a great feel that conjures images of joy division. The singer has a great voice I would love to hear it pushed a little more forward in the mix with the same effects with a little more of the dry signal. But as is the track is great. The world needs more baritone singers IMO.

man made material

05 Nov 2021

mimidancer wrote:
05 Oct 2021
man made material wrote:
14 Jul 2021

This has a great feel that conjures images of joy division. The singer has a great voice I would love to hear it pushed a little more forward in the mix with the same effects with a little more of the dry signal. But as is the track is great. The world needs more baritone singers IMO.
I've been away for a bit so only just seen your reply - thanks so much mimidancer!... i'm just about to drop another track so here's a bit more baritone if you want it! :D

Benedict
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2021

Again, just Goth. Forget fussing about with infinitely silly sub-sub-sub-genres.

Nicer feel for the vocal here. Reverb is your friend, as is delay.

I also agree that the vocal needs space in the mix. You have hats up in the vocal space which muddles them.
You may get some good pointers from my Vocal Mixing vid here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7525520

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

man made material

06 Nov 2021

Benedict wrote:
05 Nov 2021
Again, just Goth. Forget fussing about with infinitely silly sub-sub-sub-genres.

Nicer feel for the vocal here. Reverb is your friend, as is delay.

I also agree that the vocal needs space in the mix. You have hats up in the vocal space which muddles them.
You may get some good pointers from my Vocal Mixing vid here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7525520

Cheers for listening Benedict and for your comments, it’s weird, you can listen to a track for months and not notice something and someone points something out and it’s so obvious you wonder how you haven’t heard it in all that time… you’re right, the hats are way too high, almost uncomfortably so, bizarrely I hadn’t noticed it before… something I’ll definitely fix, re the vocals, I’d done a couple of tracks previously where I felt I’d pushed them too high in the mix and deliberately went the other way on this one, maybe too far the other way…👍

RTFX

07 Nov 2021

I love your work!
Ive been checking u out lately and without going into the technical depths here, youve got another fan!
I look forward to hear more!
Youve got a youtube channel i can follow?
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

man made material

08 Nov 2021

RTFX wrote:
07 Nov 2021
I love your work!
Ive been checking u out lately and without going into the technical depths here, youve got another fan!
I look forward to hear more!
Youve got a youtube channel i can follow?
That is so nice to hear, thanks!🙏
I don’t have a YouTube channel, there are three tracks on YouTube but I haven’t put any up for a while or set up a channel, I was thinking of putting an album together and perhaps putting that out across all the platforms but haven’t got round to it yet… My soundcloud has everything (18? Tracks) warts and all!😂

Benedict
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2021

It is well worth getting yourself around using YT well as many searchers for unique new music are using YT specifically for this and stats show this to be so - far more than with Spotifry.

Plus if a dedicated searcher of Indie music finds you on YT you can be pointing them to your Album on your Site or your Bandcamp where they can purchase it. Spotifry will do the complete opposite and try to hand your new fan back to Trailer Swift (or Travis Scott!!!); either way, it is death for you.

In 10 years I have yet to make (let alone receive $1 off Spotifry etc). Bandcamp is edging toward $1,000.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Bloma

10 Nov 2021

It's funny, I'm hearing this quite differently to the other comments. I'd try putting the vocals way back, because to me they drown out everything else. I'd also try and crank up those drums a fair bit, make that snare really thwak and that kick really thump. It is a dance track after all.

• Information