[techno ppopp] LOVE YOU, LOVE YOUR STANDARD

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
rorystorm

07 Jul 2021

Songs about Edie Sedgewick, Tresor, surviving winter depression, and buying Moby's Play the day after it was released.

Honestly, I've worked harder on this album than on anything else in my life, and it's the best thing I've ever made. Yup.....

Jagwah

13 Jul 2021

rorystorm wrote:
07 Jul 2021
Songs about Edie Sedgewick, Tresor, surviving winter depression, and buying Moby's Play the day after it was released.

Honestly, I've worked harder on this album than on anything else in my life, and it's the best thing I've ever made. Yup.....

Hey great work man, I will have to remember you are at this level in your work. I like how I can sense lyricism in the leads and bass which helps everything gell together. I can understand you worked really hard on this. You should be proud of this man, a full album and it's all making musical sense to me and sounding pretty cool too. I like your unique vocals, sometimes they felt to be lacking pitch a little and that's probably my only gripe. Oh yeah very clean mixes throughout. 'Here' is my favourite so far and 'Honey and drugs' is really cool too. I hear some potential for some bright and happy tracks, just a passing thought. Keep doing your thing :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

man made material

14 Jul 2021

really cool, love the restrained way it builds to it's hypnotic spiralling apex... really cool treatment on the vox too

rorystorm

14 Jul 2021

Thanks! Nice to get some good feedback 😀

moalla

14 Jul 2021

LOVE YOU, LOVE YOUR STANDARD
Track HERE
REMINDS ME HARD ON SVEN VÄTH´`S W. I. R. WASSERMAN REMIX FROM THE NINETYS, SO FOR ME YOUR SOUND IS MORE DEDICATED TO THE DRUFFI CELLAR AT OMEN FRANKFURT, WHERE THE SYNONYM "SCHRANZ" RAISED UP, THEN HARDHARD STYLE TECHNO AT TRESOR LIKE CHRISTIAN VOGEL, OR MONIKA KRUSE ;)
SO I´M A LITTLEBIT INFLUENCED BY THE SOUND OF THE COCCON CLUBING WHERE I RAISED UP WITH IN MY TWENTYS.

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAD SOME EXPERIENCE IN GERMANY AT THIS TIME, BUT YOUR RELEASE IS REALLY STRAIGHT FORWARD 2000ER TECHNO, LISTENED IT LAST WEEK IN CORONA HOLIDAY AT A LOST SWIMMINGPOOL, NEARBY OUR SLEEPING BABY ON MY SCRUFFY IPHONE AND IT REAlLY FLASH'S ME.

HOW OLD ARE YOU RORYSTORM, IF I CAN ASK IT?

So if haven´t had the time to hear your full release at swimming, so i´m really impressed by honey and drugs,BIG SHIT nicer scheiss Alder :clap: that sounds like love parade
:clap:

"Wir fläschen jedes weekend und alles just for you, wir tuen es cause we love it, kommt her und hört uns zu" Zitat Martini Brös

So here are at least the links to the Wassermann track and a important doku about German techno evolution (Kassel Stammheim Story)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VaNPUgKewI

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... HaHjeh3jbb
[/quote]
Last edited by moalla on 14 Jul 2021, edited 2 times in total.
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

rorystorm

19 Jul 2021

Awesome thanks, ill give those a listen. To answer your questions I'm 49 never been to Germany sadly. Around the time you're talking about i was living in Dunedin, a small city at the bottom of the south island of Dunedin. Back then I was making and listening mostly to experimental and noise music - things have changed since..... I think you're referring to the song Berlin box? Clubbing wasn't really my thing when I was younger. The character in that song however is talking about their nostalgia for 'back in the day when they used to go dancing every night. People I knew in the 90s who were into their techno always seemed to be obsessed with Berlin clubs and Tresor in particular, and have this really romantic ideal of what it was like, and its this romanticised nostalgia I was trying to articulate. Hope that makes sense. Musically the album was inspired by Underworld, particularly Rez, Born Slippy and Beaucoup Fish. I've been listening to them a lot and weirdly I found out my kids ate big fans too. So thats where the big sounding 4 to the floor kicks and lots of vocoder came from. Anyway thznk you again for your kind words, I really appreciate you taking the time to give me some feedback. 😀

rorystorm

19 Jul 2021

My kids ARE big fans. Not cannibals

• Information