reason 12 beta

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
avasopht
Competition Winner

08 Jul 2021

DJMaytag wrote:
18 Jun 2021
miscend wrote:
08 Jun 2021
I'd rather not hear any spoilers before September launch date.
Han dies.
Yeah, but then comes back in the 12.5 point update 🤷‍♂️

Grimlucky

08 Jul 2021

avasopht wrote:
08 Jul 2021
DJMaytag wrote:
18 Jun 2021

Han dies.
Yeah, but then comes back in the 12.5 point update 🤷‍♂️
Or Dave Filoni retcons Reason back to 11.6 in a multiverse scenario 😁

dvdrtldg

08 Jul 2021

mad@madwurmz.com wrote:
06 Jul 2021
I got news yesterday Im being allowed to test reason 12 beta, I wouldve been really excited but this week I went cold turkey on marijuana , got no drive and no motivation :puf_bigsmile: such bad timing :puf_unhappy: ... first world problems I know :lol: I guess things are only getting better from now on?
Hang in there, it's hard but it's worth it

Billy+

09 Jul 2021

Will the current 12 beta install and work on windows 7?

Social Exodus

09 Jul 2021

So...I was accepted to be a Beta Tester, and indeed the acceptance email came with a link that took me to the beta page. From there was a link to the download area. From there was a link to the actual download (unlogged/logged) for Windows and Mac. Clicking on that link does precisely nothing however, and I notice that I m not logged into the site even though I am logged into my account page on ReasonStudios.com. Clicking the Login link takes me to the support page where I am unable to log in.

Any clue what the fork is up with this?
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

deeplink
Competition Winner

09 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
09 Jul 2021
Needs Win 10
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Billy+

09 Jul 2021

deeplink wrote:
09 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
09 Jul 2021
Needs Win 10

Guess I better try and find that free windows 10 upgrade for my test machine ;)

DaveyG

09 Jul 2021

Social Exodus wrote:
09 Jul 2021
So...I was accepted to be a Beta Tester, and indeed the acceptance email came with a link that took me to the beta page. From there was a link to the download area. From there was a link to the actual download (unlogged/logged) for Windows and Mac. Clicking on that link does precisely nothing however, and I notice that I m not logged into the site even though I am logged into my account page on ReasonStudios.com. Clicking the Login link takes me to the support page where I am unable to log in.

What browser are you using? I had some login funnies with MS Edge so I used Chrome instead, although later on MS Edge seemed to behave too! Poxy software lol

Social Exodus

09 Jul 2021

DaveyG wrote:
09 Jul 2021
Social Exodus wrote:
09 Jul 2021

What browser are you using? I had some login funnies with MS Edge so I used Chrome instead, although later on MS Edge seemed to behave too! Poxy software lol
Chrome actually, but I am at work. I was going to put the install out on my Drive to use later. I'll just try it at home and see I guess.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Social Exodus

09 Jul 2021

Social Exodus wrote:
09 Jul 2021
DaveyG wrote:
09 Jul 2021

Chrome actually, but I am at work. I was going to put the install out on my Drive to use later. I'll just try it at home and see I guess.
Got it sorted. If using Chrome, you must right click the link and select "Copy Link Address", then paste it into a new tab.

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

DaveyG

09 Jul 2021

Social Exodus wrote:
09 Jul 2021
Social Exodus wrote:
09 Jul 2021

Got it sorted. If using Chrome, you must right click the link and select "Copy Link Address", then paste it into a new tab.
Nice one. Just to repeat myself: Poxy software lol.... :D

chimp_spanner

09 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
09 Jul 2021
deeplink wrote:
09 Jul 2021

Needs Win 10

Guess I better try and find that free windows 10 upgrade for my test machine ;)
Just so people know - anyone can download and install Windows 10, unregistered. It works with *almost* no restrictions (there's no period after which it shuts down or locks you out). It just displays an "Activate Windows" watermark and there are some things you can't do like customise certain visual elements. So if you *need* to get on 10 in order to use new versions of things, you can go right ahead and do it. And then put a few £ away a month until you can activate and get a license. I'm currently doing this on Parallel's for Mac OS. I run an un-activated Windows in a virtual machine and do work in that. Absolutely no issues.

Billy+

09 Jul 2021

Yeah the only other consideration is that some hardware is not compatible with windows 10 and that might have some drastic issues.

Social Exodus

10 Jul 2021

What exactly can't we discuss (in broad terms) about this Beta?

Can I give my opinion of it, without of course saying what's in it?

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

avasopht
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2021

Social Exodus wrote:
10 Jul 2021
Anything that's not already public knowledge (I'd use ReasonStudios promo as a guide to what's publicly known).

Social Exodus

10 Jul 2021

avasopht wrote:
10 Jul 2021
Social Exodus wrote:
10 Jul 2021
Anything that's not already public knowledge (I'd use ReasonStudios promo as a guide to what's publicly known).
So if I say "Meh, not impressed yet...." Cool?

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

orthodox
RE Developer

10 Jul 2021

Social Exodus wrote:
10 Jul 2021
avasopht wrote:
10 Jul 2021

Not cool. That's a disclosure.

challism

11 Jul 2021

Social Exodus wrote:
10 Jul 2021

Can I give my opinion of it, without of course saying what's in it?
Head over to the official beta testing forum and discuss it over there. Please don't do it here.
You should have been given the link to that forum in your beta testing email.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Social Exodus

12 Jul 2021

orthodox wrote:
10 Jul 2021
Social Exodus wrote:
10 Jul 2021

Not cool. That's a disclosure.
As it turns out I just watch a video posted by Ryan Harlan which discloses everything I looked at anyway. It has since been removed from my machine.

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

guitfnky

12 Jul 2021

come on, giving a general impression without ANY details cannot possibly be covered by an NDA. people are entitled to their opinions.

so far, I’m also in the “meh” camp.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Jagwah

12 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
12 Jul 2021
come on, giving a general impression without ANY details cannot possibly be covered by an NDA. people are entitled to their opinions.

Aren't the shiny new rack devices pretty cool and slick?

orthodox
RE Developer

12 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
12 Jul 2021

There are sorts of "Meh". "Meh" in response to a closed beta version is a disclosure. While not telling anything particular, it can sway people's opinions - probably the very reason why the beta testing was closed in the first place.

When I play card games, any word outside the protocol can tell something about the cards dealt.

guitfnky

12 Jul 2021

orthodox wrote:
12 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
12 Jul 2021

There are sorts of "Meh". "Meh" in response to a closed beta version is a disclosure. While not telling anything particular, it can sway people's opinions - probably the very reason why the beta testing was closed in the first place.

When I play card games, any word outside the protocol can tell something about the cards dealt.
yes, but “a disclosure” doesn’t mean anything unless it’s covered by the NDA. “I’ve had two cups of coffee” is a disclosure. I can’t imagine it’s even possible to make that kind of thing covered by an NDA. that’s thought police type stuff.

guitfnky

12 Jul 2021

Jagwah wrote:
12 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
12 Jul 2021

new devices? where?? ;)

Jagwah

12 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
12 Jul 2021
Jagwah wrote:
12 Jul 2021

new devices? where?? ;)

• Information