Spectra is now free

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
vectro

10 Jul 2021

Thank you!

Jagwah

10 Jul 2021

Very cool of you many thanks!!

Bonkhead

10 Jul 2021

Thank you very much, from NL :) Appreciated !

Voyager

10 Jul 2021

It's highly appreciated and kind of you. Thanks a lot..

Gardinski

10 Jul 2021

An amazingly magnanimous gesture. Thank you.

I feel a little guilty about it though, because I came really close to buying Spectra back in May, and was fully intending to do so later this summer.... so it feels slightly as if I've cheated you out of a sale.

Hope everything is well, and best wishes for your next venture, whatever form that may take.

kezzah

10 Jul 2021

I bought spectra some time ago and I do use it in my projects.... it’s a very complex device and I always hoped you would make more it’s such a shame you are moving on
Your gift to the community I’m sure will go down well as it will now be by far the best feeble in the shop

Sargie

10 Jul 2021

I bought Spectra a while back.

I used it a lot and loved it.

Thanks or making it and thanks for giving it away so others can use it! It’s very generous of you

Good luck with your next adventure!

Best,

Sarge

Auryn

10 Jul 2021

It's a generous gesture to make this free. I tried the synth when it was released but it was kind of overshadowed by others synths at the time. The sound quality is definitely there though and it has several unique features. I hope it will get some more love, I'll definitely give it a spin sometime soon.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

challism

10 Jul 2021

Thank you for this very generous gift to the community. The hard work you put into building this synth will be remembered for years to come as users continue to enjoy this wonderful synth. Good luck to you in your next endeavors.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

ekss
RE Developer

10 Jul 2021

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to try it! ❤️

anko

10 Jul 2021

ekss wrote:
10 Jul 2021
Thanks a lot! Looking forward to try it! ❤️
My thoughts exactly. A classy and generous way to bow out of the re scene. Best wishes with whatever's next! :thumbs_up:

zoidkirb

11 Jul 2021

Thanks for the gift!
Wasn't even on my radar but Spectra is great. Very daunting synth at first for me, but after skipping through a few of the tutorial videos I'm well on my way to unlocking the potential.
It's actually well laid out and straight forward to program once you get past the initial learning curve. There's no definitive way to approach additive synthesis yet.
I'm gonna enjoy making some huge evolving pads sounds with it.

miyaru

11 Jul 2021

Sorry to hear you call it a day, but thanx for the generous offer!!! Good luck, whatever you are going to do!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

mjxl

11 Jul 2021

Actually bought it a little while ago! Cheers for making it free for the rest of the world, sorry to see you quit tho yeah :(

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2021

I so glad to see people who already bought it being happy for the people who are now getting it as a gift. There's too much "they got and I didn't and it's not fair" these days. We've got a good community going on here.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lost Dog

11 Jul 2021

Thank you and good luck for the future.

Ottostrom

11 Jul 2021

I remember checking out this synth once and thought it looked complicated to use but now after properly testing it I realized how wrong I was.
Sure, there are some deep level stuff for those who want to tweak everything which I also appreciate but the main functionality is very intuitive and fun!
Created a patch using the analyser on a random audio sample and got such lovely results, and by only tweaking and modulating a few things it started sounding very organic and warm :)
Thank you for giving it for free to the Reason community! It's a great synth :thumbs_up:

artotaku

11 Jul 2021

I´m not so much into additive synthesis and have never bothered with this synth. I own Parsec but I did not like the sound.
Now I tried Spectra. Wow, the filters sound so good, very snappy and it works really well with a Synapse Audio Deep Reverb after it.

So thank you synthtechsound for this great gift.

Mich01

11 Jul 2021

Thank you so much. That's very generous.

Michel

michael.jaye

11 Jul 2021

Thanks very much, some great patches included.

visheshl

11 Jul 2021

Hey I can't figure out envelopes in spectra, can someone help? Amplitude envelope specifically

retreed
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2021

visheshl wrote:
11 Jul 2021
Hey I can't figure out envelopes in spectra, can someone help? Amplitude envelope specifically
On the main display, you have the "Envelopes" button. When you click on it, "A Env" is selected by default, which is the one you are looking for, which you can dial to taste. For how it looks visually, the manual explains that in more detail with pictures starting on page 93. :thumbs_up:

visheshl

11 Jul 2021

retreed wrote:
11 Jul 2021
visheshl wrote:
11 Jul 2021
On the main display, you have the "Envelopes" button. When you click on it, "A Env" is selected by default, which is the one you are looking for, which you can dial to taste. For how it looks visually, the manual explains that in more detail with pictures starting on page 93. :thumbs_up:
Oh ok, thanks 👍

fullforce

11 Jul 2021

visheshl wrote:
10 Jul 2021
Is there a tutorial video for spectra ? I don't know much about additive synthesis...
There's documentation included.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Gardinski

11 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
11 Jul 2021
I so glad to see people who already bought it being happy for the people who are now getting it as a gift. There's too much "they got and I didn't and it's not fair" these days. We've got a good community going on here.
Hear hear! It's great to see the community coming together in appreciation of a really classy move by a kindly dev. And for the most part, the people here are supportive, and quick to help each other out.

It's just the occasional thread (usually connected to major updates etc) where fangs get bared and tempers flare. But generally, we're not a bad bunch. :P

• Information