PTF60 Digital Reverb in the shop! (Ekss)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ottostrom

02 Jul 2021

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... al-reverb/

"PTF60 Digital Reverb from Ekssperimental Sounds Studio - Powered by Past To Future Reverbs is based on impulse response samples carefully captured by Past To Future. Combined with DSP modelling giving you control over bit depth and adding CV inputs to this reverb classic. Ekssperience that digital reverb flavour from the past with PTF60!"

Intro Price: €32
Normal: €54

Audio Examples:

Mataya

02 Jul 2021

I don't know...Impulse loaded plugin with bit depth and CV. Thanks, but no thanks. Sorry.
Looks nice do.

M

moalla

02 Jul 2021

to expensive, for a ordinary digital verb my opinion, but if your business model works than that´s okay :wink:
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

dvdrtldg

02 Jul 2021

I don't know... if it sounds good then it is good, right? and this sounds fantastic. $29 intro price seems more than reasonable to me

That said, the last thing I need is another reverb, but that's no reflection on the product

Mataya

02 Jul 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
02 Jul 2021
I don't know... if it sounds good then it is good, right? and this sounds fantastic. $29 intro price seems more than reasonable to me

That said, the last thing I need is another reverb, but that's no reflection on the product
I did not say it doesn't sound good. My thought was, we have a native impulse loading reverb inside Reason and also with cv and ...you can find a bit crusher and connect it to it. All you need are impulses.
Unless this plugin has some features I was not aware of.
Btw intro price is 32 euro here...so, few more reasons to skip it.

And also, it looks so tiny on my 2k screen, I can't read shit.

Sorry Ekss, I did not mean to spread hate about it, but theese are all facts from where I sit. Thanks for the effort.

M

ekss
RE Developer

02 Jul 2021

moalla wrote:
02 Jul 2021
to expensive, for a ordinary digital verb my opinion, but if your business model works than that´s okay :wink:
What can i say. This is not an ordinary reverb, this is THAT reverb. :wink:

ekss
RE Developer

02 Jul 2021

Mataya wrote:
02 Jul 2021
dvdrtldg wrote:
02 Jul 2021

I did not say it doesn't sound good. My thought was, we have a native impulse loading reverb inside Reason and also with cv and ...you can find a bit crusher and connect it to it. All you need are impulses.
Unless this plugin has some features I was not aware of.
Btw intro price is 32 euro here...so, few more reasons to skip it.

And also, it looks so tiny on my 2k screen, I can't read shit.

Sorry Ekss, I did not mean to spread hate about it, but theese are all facts from where I sit. Thanks for the effort.

M
This is the case with many RE’s. You can approximate the same result by connecting this and that and do a bit of routing and cv and etc.. here it’s all set up and works just like the original. And looks great. No combinators or custom routing needed. But I get it, many of us old time reason users prefer to set it up all custom and flexible. I made this mostly for my own sake, for convenience and beauty in the rack. Those who find it valuable will get it and those who don’t will use RV7000 with some routing, and that’s all fine :)

By the way I have a 5k monitor and read all fine. Maybe check your vision? Or wait for R12 when all will be glorious HD :wink:

eusti

05 Jul 2021

Cool! Are you going to do an AMX-16 version as well?

D.

ekss
RE Developer

06 Jul 2021

eusti wrote:
05 Jul 2021

D.
Are you thinking about the AMS RMX16? I searched google for amx16 but only found info on the ams:)
It would be cool to do! I believe PTF has captured ir’s from it so might be possibly to do another collab RE with those :)

eusti

06 Jul 2021

ekss wrote:
06 Jul 2021
eusti wrote:
05 Jul 2021

D.
Are you thinking about the AMS RMX16? I searched google for amx16 but only found info on the ams:)
It would be cool to do! I believe PTF has captured ir’s from it so might be possibly to do another collab RE with those :)
Yes, sorry! That’s what I meant. I saw that they had captured it and was curious if you might be doing that one too! Thanks!

D.

dvdrtldg

07 Jul 2021

I'm intrigued by that scratch underneath the Level knob

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
07 Jul 2021

Yeah.how could that happen? Level usually gets set to 10 and then left at that for the lifetime of the unit right? That’s how it is with amps in any case.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dvdrtldg

08 Jul 2021

I even downloaded a trial version to see if it's there on the actual RE

It is

motuscott

08 Jul 2021

You can't fake digital authenticity
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

strangers
Competition Winner

08 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
07 Jul 2021
dvdrtldg wrote:
07 Jul 2021

Yeah.how could that happen? Level usually gets set to 10 and then left at that for the lifetime of the unit right? That’s how it is with amps in any case.
I believe you meant to say 11, good sir.

guitfnky

08 Jul 2021

I noticed in Guitar Rig 6 the other day that at least one of the amp knobs goes up to 12. 😂
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

dvdrtldg

08 Jul 2021

By the way this reverb is fucking nice. I'm still getting to grips with the Plate setting, but the Room setting is lovely

ekss
RE Developer

08 Jul 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
08 Jul 2021
By the way this reverb is fucking nice. I'm still getting to grips with the Plate setting, but the Room setting is lovely
Agree, its something special!
Plate is quite characteristic, I love to have it as a send and record/automate the send amount on the snare hits when making digi style dub. Maybe a phaser earlier in the fx chain (preferable Janus) or hp filter sweeps :)

altron

23 Jul 2021

OMG it's like a PCM60 *Faint* Shut up and take my money! I don't care if it uses reverb impulses.
Trap is where music goes to die.

• Information