(Drum and Bass) Android City

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2021

another from me on my learning journey

hope some enjoy

Rising Night Wave

01 Jul 2021

+1

:-) :thumbs_up:
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Jul 2021

updated this track today and made a few amendments

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2021

Rising Night Wave wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2021
+1

:-) :thumbs_up:

Thanks Rising Night Wave :thumbup: . Cleaned this up a bit more today

Skimrok

04 Jul 2021

good tune Popey you are smashing these intros, drop is good also , well done i like the feeling of the tune :puf_smile: , something i started to do is see how my tunes sit with other tunes away from tunes i make myself while they are mixed together , i started to do this recently and I'm started to find stuff out like , overall volume , eq etc - + and importantly how they sound together because the end user is the DJ with this genre, because after checking out various DnB dedicated radio stations and current main stream Mcs on the circuit today gives you a real eye opener on the current DnB what the youths are listening too and the massive stand out is tunes are mixed together a lot quicker then what we was used to back in our fav years of DnB , hopefully this info helps you like its helping me recently :geek: :lightbulb: :idea:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Popey
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2021

Skimrok wrote: ↑
04 Jul 2021
good tune Popey you are smashing these intros, drop is good also , well done i like the feeling of the tune :puf_smile: , something i started to do is see how my tunes sit with other tunes away from tunes i make myself while they are mixed together , i started to do this recently and I'm started to find stuff out like , overall volume , eq etc - + and importantly how they sound together because the end user is the DJ with this genre, because after checking out various DnB dedicated radio stations and current main stream Mcs on the circuit today gives you a real eye opener on the current DnB what the youths are listening too and the massive stand out is tunes are mixed together a lot quicker then what we was used to back in our fav years of DnB , hopefully this info helps you like its helping me recently :geek: :lightbulb: :idea:
Thanks SkimrokπŸ‘. It's a good idea trying mixing my stuff into tracks so I will give that a go. I still occasionally buy a few tracks on beatport but havent listened to a radio station or mix for a long time so probably need to listen how djs are mixing nowadays. The one mix I listened to on you tube 12 months ago was more someone using loads of fx before jumping to cue points in new tracks than mixing as i know it so you are probably right (couldn't get away with that with vinyl). Any online radio stations you can suggest as I am a bit out of the loop (last radio mix I listened too were probably one in the jungle on radio 1 back in the day)

Skimrok

05 Jul 2021

here you go Popey
1hr 38m in listen how minimal the sound is , nearly every Dj ive heard are playing this and other tunes which are minimal , its good to see a old ram andy c tune in the mix to give you a idea what has changed over the years

here is another

you need thick skin for the Mcs but bare with it this how it is today , there are sets with no Mcs but this give you a good idea and quick leg up on the sceen today

hope it helps you out
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Popey
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2021

Man those mc's, bring back mc mc or stevie hyper d πŸ˜‚

In all seriousness the tunes on there reflect what I hear on beatport nowadays and I seem to not like more than I like nowadays. I'm just guessing I am just an old fart now, times change. Either need to find a way to add my own style whilst keeping things minimal or just keeping making my own stuff and hope for a 90's dnb revival movement πŸ˜€

Skimrok

05 Jul 2021

Popey wrote: ↑
05 Jul 2021
Man those mc's, bring back mc mc or stevie hyper d πŸ˜‚

In all seriousness the tunes on there reflect what I hear on beatport nowadays and I seem to not like more than I like nowadays. I'm just guessing I am just an old fart now, times change. Either need to find a way to add my own style whilst keeping things minimal or just keeping making my own stuff and hope for a 90's dnb revival movement πŸ˜€
yeah man Stevie Hyper D he was the man who introduced my buddy Fatman D into the sceen back then and funny enough we was both into Hip Hop before DnB , Sad lost Stevie Hyper D was and still is today , i loved his Mcing skills he knew how to get the crowd going, i hear you about the style i still love the old stuff :thumbup:

PhillipOrdonez

05 Jul 2021

Nice one Popey!

Popey
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
05 Jul 2021
Nice one Popey!
Thanks Phillip πŸ‘

TheGodOfRainbows

04 Oct 2021

Really solid production. Great sounds and great mix. Very cool track.

• Information