Top feature request - Facebook Poll

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Oberlai

01 Jul 2021

CV generator / toolbox which includes advanced envelopes and LFOs. Would actually like Surge VST envelopes and LFOs into Reason, it's so cleverly made! It's from the guy who is now making BitWig, he's all about modulation. Now hoping the new combi will have some decent CV source - was sooo disappointed when Pulsar LFO came and felt so under-developed, unlike a lot of Reason stuff which is usually well done.

Reason needs this - it wants to be 100% modular and universal but lacks massively in the CV department, nothing has happened since Pulsar I guess.

marzrova

06 Aug 2021

The MOST wanted feature is a mouse wheel side scroll for the main mixer.... trying to grab that little scroll bar is annoying as hell... Can we just have so that if the mouse is placed at the bottom of the mixer then you mouse wheel to scroll left and right??

Please...!!!

Pepin

02 Sep 2021

marzrova wrote:
06 Aug 2021
The MOST wanted feature is a mouse wheel side scroll for the main mixer.... trying to grab that little scroll bar is annoying as hell... Can we just have so that if the mouse is placed at the bottom of the mixer then you mouse wheel to scroll left and right??

Please...!!!
If you scroll while holding shift, it will do what you want :puf_smile:

TheBlackBox

17 Nov 2021

If I can choose what I want most is sequencer updates and bug fixes. Here's the list of problems I am experiencing (although I forgot a few I think):

-When using multipe lanes in a track, selecting them by dragging often leads to problems with selection of the top/bottom lane, depending of where you're dragging from
-When an automation track is open, and you doubleclick a track below, you create a new editing block ion that track instead of opening the track you were clicking on
-Switching from edit mode to overview mode almost always moves the block you are editing partly out of screen, even when Follow is off. It seems to always center on the playback cursor. I know pressing P can help, but I don't see why this is standardly the case.
-Creating automation lanes or insert FX lanes should automatically get the same color as the audio/mixer track
-Automation lanes reset their size after leaving edit mode in audio tracks, covering the pitch edit for example
-Sequencer track Solo/Mute buttons don't work for busses and parallel channels
-You can't create a track for mixer/audio channels in the mixer window
-It would be great if you have the option to mute/solo the actual mixer channel in the sequencer, instead of separate from eachother
-When you Ctrl+Shift+ scroll, the mouse cursor determines where it centers, which is great. It would also be great if this is the case with Ctrl+Scroll

I have videos of them, let me know if I should post them to show what I mean

w1pl0c

07 Jan 2022

Hey Reason, Can we get a player for creating complex envelopes that you can click and drag into the arrangement window???

w1pl0c

29 Dec 2022

Will try my hand at requesting again. Maybe I can explain better. Would love a module for designing cv , then dragging, automation curve patterns into the arrangement view. Would be an awesome way to create variations of CV with chopping and stretching in the arrangement. More complex patterns too. Is something like this possible? Also have tried recording cv to EMI mod wheel then moving it to appropriate lane, but clicking and dragging cv to arrangement would be an awesome one of a kind daw feature

joeyluck

29 Dec 2022

w1pl0c wrote:
29 Dec 2022
Will try my hand at requesting again. Maybe I can explain better. Would love a module for designing cv , then dragging, automation curve patterns into the arrangement view. Would be an awesome way to create variations of CV with chopping and stretching in the arrangement. More complex patterns too. Is something like this possible? Also have tried recording cv to EMI mod wheel then moving it to appropriate lane, but clicking and dragging cv to arrangement would be an awesome one of a kind daw feature
You mean something like Synchronous for Reason's sequencer? I'd love to be able to just draw shapes for automation in the sequencer as easily as it can be done in Synchronous.

w1pl0c

29 Dec 2022

Exactly ^^^

fpw29

19 Feb 2023

I have the following feature requests or fix's depending on your view, apologise in advance if they don't make sense:

1) Ability to save "mix channel" Insert effects configurations. These become a standard as we work with a mixture of Reason rack effects and Vst Plugins.
2) Ability to have CV routings to all functionality in vst plugins.
3) When using Redrum's 10 seperate audio outputs, we tend to wire these to a "Mix Channel". When selecting "Rack" button on main "mixer" after its been wired to the "Mix Channel". The "Rack " button sends us to the Redrum when in reality, we need it to goto the "Mix Channel" so we can tweak the inserts.
4) Ability to have CV input to control the "Resolution" on Redrum, it maybe time to modify the timings to give a more detailed choice, if this setting had a switch like the Delay/MS setting then time can be tweaked as an effect and reason's audio engine will hopefully timestretch it. Also a look into this on all devices. Modifying time signatures and having the application do its own timestrech, has become a function required like never before.

SoundFactor

25 May 2023

The ability to move rack extensions to external hard disk without fancy works arounds and having to use symlink or equivalent.

joeyluck

25 May 2023

Just a reminder that this thread is about the feature request poll, hosted on facebook. If you care to use it, vote here:

What I like about it is that it is dynamic and users can add their top feature request as a poll option if it isn't already on the list.

And if feature requests are fulfilled, you can then move your vote to the next thing you want. For instance, everybody who voted for the graphics update could move their vote to the next thing that they want.

Unfortunately though, I think most people abandoned the poll. I wish something like a dynamic poll were possible here in the forum, but it's not.
[EDIT] I removed the poll options for the feature requests that have been fulfilled (graphics update, VST3 support, Apple Silicon support, Combinator 2). "Track Folders" now tops the list.

• Information