buying new SO-DIMM DDR4 3200MHz 32GB RAM for my new laptop - need help

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Rising Night Wave

20 Jun 2021

hi folks. i know this is not that kind of forum. but any way i will give it a try.
so, i am buying (preferably tomorrow) a new SO-DIMM DDR4 RAM for my laptop.
i need 3200MHz fast RAM since my laptop support that speed.

my laptop is ASUS ROG Strix G513QM-HN027 with Ryzen 7 5800H and RTX 3060 6GB and 1TB NVMe PCIe SSD.

problme is i do not know what to choose. i am orientating for buying at online price comparison site called Geizhals.EU.
everything is fine when i use theese search filters: https://geizhals.eu/?cat=ramddr3&xf=145 ... E5828_DDR4

but then what? which is the fastest SO-DIMM DDR4 3200MHz RAM. budget is not problem. since i really want to have a fast ram.

why i am upgrading my laptop? because it has only 16GB of RAM. i want to have it 32GB of it. so, that is why i am asking you.
i am not that good anymore in computers. years ago i was really a good advanced user. but somehow i lost it.

my primary work with this my new laptop is and will be media. all sort of media. music, video, 2D, 3D,... 24D :D

so, can anyone help me, please.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

EdwardKiy

21 Jun 2021

So, what's the question? You're just choosing a brand that's better?

Corsair generally shows best mileage, kingston is a close #2, but all of that is pretty subjective and who cares really? The productivity difference between the ones in your list is in the latencies and the prices just reflect slowest to fastest regardless of brand. The difference is in nanoseconds, so it's all quite negligible. Another thing is power usage.

https://geizhals.eu/g-skill-ripjaws-so- ... pl&hloc=uk

this one is obviously the fastest performer, but you won't notice the difference between 22ns and 18ns, unless you're a top-tier pro gamer or something. If you can afford it, I'd go with Corsair Vengeance, purely because of brand reputation and how crazy long their warranty periods are, but all of the other ones in the list will do.

Rising Night Wave

24 Jun 2021

later that day/night i found that thread at tom's hardware page via google search.
https://www.tomshardware.com/features/r ... -ram-guide

so i decided to buy g.skill sodimm ram. i am fan of g.skill and asus brands from years now. hehe.

so i bought yesterday this sodimm ram:
https://geizhals.eu/g-skill-ripjaws-so- ... pl&hloc=uk

G.Skill RipJaws SO-DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR4-3200, CL22-22-22 (F4-3200C22D-32GRS)

i am hardly waiting to get this ram, hehe.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

fullforce

30 Jun 2021

Rising Night Wave wrote:
20 Jun 2021
hi folks. i know this is not that kind of forum. but any way i will give it a try.
so, i am buying (preferably tomorrow) a new SO-DIMM DDR4 RAM for my laptop.
i need 3200MHz fast RAM since my laptop support that speed.

my laptop is ASUS ROG Strix G513QM-HN027 with Ryzen 7 5800H and RTX 3060 6GB and 1TB NVMe PCIe SSD.

problme is i do not know what to choose. i am orientating for buying at online price comparison site called Geizhals.EU.
everything is fine when i use theese search filters: https://geizhals.eu/?cat=ramddr3&xf=145 ... E5828_DDR4

but then what? which is the fastest SO-DIMM DDR4 3200MHz RAM. budget is not problem. since i really want to have a fast ram.

why i am upgrading my laptop? because it has only 16GB of RAM. i want to have it 32GB of it. so, that is why i am asking you.
i am not that good anymore in computers. years ago i was really a good advanced user. but somehow i lost it.

my primary work with this my new laptop is and will be media. all sort of media. music, video, 2D, 3D,... 24D :D

so, can anyone help me, please.
Asus always has a QVL (Qualified Vendors List) for RAM. Read it.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Rising Night Wave

30 Jun 2021

if i am not wrong, only for motherboards for desktop computers. not for laptops.

am, i got today my new ram. i already installed it. it works well. super. i am all happy.

• Information