Buying Reason Options

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
shadow

27 Jun 2021

Hi guys, purchased reason 3.0 on Ebay but there might be issues getting a license key, would like to ask what would people recommend, can I get a key for this easily and what would it cost or would you recommend I purchase somewhere else, have a budget of about $100 (not a lot I know) but could stretch a bit further if needed, any advice would be brilliant
thanks

Billy+

27 Jun 2021

I personally wouldn't buy pre owned software via the internet!

Why are you trying to get such an old version?
Have you considered Reasons all new subscription service?€$£20 a month with the first month free?

shadow

27 Jun 2021

Hi Billy, thanks for the reply, budget is very limited, but will consider the subscription
thanks

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2021

shadow wrote:
27 Jun 2021
Hi guys, purchased reason 3.0 on Ebay but there might be issues getting a license key, would like to ask what would people recommend, can I get a key for this easily and what would it cost or would you recommend I purchase somewhere else, have a budget of about $100 (not a lot I know) but could stretch a bit further if needed, any advice would be brilliant
thanks
You just got scammed.

Selling a reason disk without a license where it's clearly not stated that this is useless unless you already have a license is intentionally trying to con you.

Demand a refund and leave a harsh review. You've been conned.

With a budget of $100 your only real options are Studio One Artist or Reaper (with some cheap but good VSTs like Xpand!2).

Steedus
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2021

What about Reason 11 Intro? I can still find it from Aussie sites from around (AUD) $100.

https://www.soundseasy.com.au/products/ ... VIQAvD_BwE

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2021

Steedus wrote:
27 Jun 2021
What about Reason 11 Intro? I can still find it from Aussie sites from around (AUD) $100.

https://www.soundseasy.com.au/products/ ... VIQAvD_BwE
You can probably get it free with a hardware purchase, but it's got so few features it's not worth it TBH (unless you've had specific experience and know for certain it has all the devices you need for your workflow).

Steedus
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2021

vs Reason 3 though? It probably has most if not all from that plus modern stuff (including the option to use the RRP.)

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2021

Steedus wrote:
27 Jun 2021
vs Reason 3 though? It probably has most if not all from that plus modern stuff (including the option to use the RRP.)
I dunno, I remember the v11 update with RRP removing so many key devices it just isn't worth it.

There are much better ways to spend $100, even if it means saving up for the full version of Reason.

Jackjackdaw

29 Jun 2021

Arturia keylab MK2 with Ableton lite and analog lab lite for around 100. That will keep you going for much longer than a dodgy copy of Reason 3

Billy+

29 Jun 2021

Why is everyone ignoring the OP question?

They want Reason on a limited budget, isn't that exactly what plus is?
Minimal cost maximum value and bonus content

It might not be my preferred option but for someone on a limited budget and or not willing to save why would you not at least recommend they try it rather than advice to buy another daw?

30 days free then €$£20 a month with a $100 budget will get 6 months of Reason plus with all the extra devices and content packs, with 6 months to find another $20 before they need more cash..

avasopht
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
29 Jun 2021
Why is everyone ignoring the OP question?

They want Reason on a limited budget, isn't that exactly what plus is?
Minimal cost maximum value and bonus content

It might not be my preferred option but for someone on a limited budget and or not willing to save why would you not at least recommend they try it rather than advice to buy another daw?

30 days free then €$£20 a month with a $100 budget will get 6 months of Reason plus with all the extra devices and content packs, with 6 months to find another $20 before they need more cash..
Because someone who has a $100 budget for a DAW is probably not intending to commit to $280/yr.

Billy+

29 Jun 2021

The OP wasn't after "any" daw, they wanted Reason?

PhillipOrdonez

29 Jun 2021

🤦‍♂️

Dionisio

30 Jun 2021

Hi shadow

My advice to you is buying something from Korg, in my case i bought a nanocontrol 2 and receive a free license key for Reason Lite 10 and much more.
https://www.korg.com/us/products/comput ... okontrol2/

• Information