Rob Papen QUAD Voucher - Transfer?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

I recently placed in the QUAD Challenge as a level 3 winner, and was given a 60% off voucher. This has not yet been redeemed, and I was intending to give it to someone, but he hasn't expressed an interest.

So my plan was to do a bit of a fundraiser for reasontalk.com and start a raffle, at $1 per ticket, with a  total of 40 entries only, and the winner would get the discount code, worth about $70 USD to the winner for next to nothing.

However when I communicated with the Rob Papen helpdesk, I was first told 'sorry, RE's not transferrable, Propellerhead EULA'. When I explained that this was not an RE (because it doesn't exist in my account) he came back again and said 'sorry, still can't give it to someone else. I have no idea who this person was because he didn't sign off on his email.

My question is - didn't Noel say that the prizes could be transferred to another user? (I seem to think that was in response to someone saying 'I already have Quad, what if I win). I thought all along that was the case.

I really thought it would be a nice little gesture to throw $40 Brent's way for this site, and keep some of this new community spirit of giving alive and well.

My Words are my ART

tiker01

22 Jan 2015

Maybe write to Rob on FB and explain your fund raiser paln. I`m almost sure if it is technically possible he will let you offer your coupon as a prize.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Theo.M

22 Jan 2015

I can't see how a discount code could be possibly tied to someone's account. I bet if someone put quad in cart and "tested" the code to see if it would apply the discount it would work.

Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

I don't get it either.

And you know what the ultimate outcome of this decision is? A lost sale for Rob Papen. If I dont raffle it off in a fundraiser, it will go to waste because I am not going to buy QUAD.

I do not use facebook outside of a tight knit group of aquaintances so am not going to post on their FB page. Besides it would probably ne the same person who answered my email. Whoever that was. He/she chose to remain anonymous with no signature. A bit unprofessional.
My Words are my ART

Tincture

23 Jan 2015

It's a bit silly it can't be transferred. 40% is 40% more than nothing. That being said, I wouldn't redeem it either. I liked the distortion elements of Quad but I really struggle with RPs layouts, knob choice and general useability. I don't regret Predator due to its huge soundbank but I have never tried to program it and I love to try at least.

And yes, a little bit bitter I couldn't make the top 17! But it was a very strong competition :)

eusti

23 Jan 2015

Zac Scott wrote:It's a bit silly it can't be transferred. 40% is 40% more than nothing. That being said, I wouldn't redeem it either. I liked the distortion elements of Quad but I really struggle with RPs layouts, knob choice and general useability. I don't regret Predator due to its huge soundbank but I have never tried to program it and I love to try at least.

And yes, a little bit bitter I couldn't make the top 17! But it was a very strong competition :)
I bought Quad, but it's one of the ones that I don't quite get really into... I mean, I like what it does, but have a hard time getting anything special out of it that actually works in my music...
Predator is different... and works better for me...

D.

Tincture

23 Jan 2015

Zac Scott wrote:It's a bit silly it can't be transferred. 40% is 40% more than nothing. That being said, I wouldn't redeem it either. I liked the distortion elements of Quad but I really struggle with RPs layouts, knob choice and general useability. I don't regret Predator due to its huge soundbank but I have never tried to program it and I love to try at least.

eusti wrote:
I bought Quad, but it's one of the ones that I don't quite get really into... I mean, I like what it does, but have a hard time getting anything special out of it that actually works in my music...
Predator is different... and works better for me...

D.
Well, I don't like being a doom monger really but I spent enough time with Quad to know it wasn't for me. I haven't tried his bass synth yet so shouldn't judge all of his work by Pred and Quad but I have to say I'm not particularly tempted to either with the likes of Snakebite and the Russian synth still to try as well. (I know they are all very different - so are the prices!). I have to say the little same size silver knobs of Quad were very uninspiring to me... but that was very much a secondary to the sounds I (in my limited capacity) could come up with.

Namahs Amrak

23 Jan 2015

Zac Scott wrote:It's a bit silly it can't be transferred. 40% is 40% more than nothing.
Indeed, it's quite daft. The only person who doesn't stand to benefit a thing from this is me. On the other hand:

1. RP would get a sale of $50, less Propellerheads pound of flesh
2. A lucky winner would get a $70 discount for a $1 ticket
3. Reasontalk would get $43 for the site upkeep (there would have been 43 tickets sold)

Alas, Mister anonymous via email has said no, so everybody, including the developers, loses. I'm perplexed at how the world turns sometimes.

My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

23 Jan 2015

Zac Scott wrote:llew hhA. eiv al tseC
Dude this isn't a forum for writing stuff backwards !
My Words are my ART

Tincture

23 Jan 2015

Zac Scott wrote:llew hhA. eiv al tseC
Namahs Amrak wrote:
Dude this isn't a forum for writing stuff backwards !
It's an amgine to some.

4filegate

26 Jan 2015

eusti wrote:

usability is awesome especially FX section - evolve sounds with Send/Return FX (cabling like a JP-8080 with units Audio input from external sources) - QU4D is not just a instrument

Cheers ;)

• Information