hi what can i get so theres no delay feelings between a keyboard?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
superjonny

21 Jun 2021

hi i really don't know anything right now
so i have a cp4 yamaha keyboard that i want to use to hook up to my computer and use it as a controller but also as a straight record the sounds of that piano

i know i have to get some kind of box or something, but also that box can connect to a microphone?

i really don't want any latency at all either thats important so would i have to do anything else?

i could use the cp4 as a midi controller right?

are there any cables i would need?

i have reason 11

so i think i would have to get midi cables and then connect it to the box but i dunno which box to get

but also i would get cables from the outputs stereo and mono to record the sounds?
i'm not sure which cables i would need to get but i think i could find out

just need to know a good box

superjonny

21 Jun 2021

ok nvm i just need a good audio interface
will research

superjonny

21 Jun 2021

so i want an audio interface that has midi input cause i want it to go audio interface to reason, does anyone have reccomendations?
is that even possible?
cause i don't want a midi cable to usb cable to my computer cause i think that it will be more latency , but am i thinking that is wrong ?
i think i'll get a midi to usb cable to test it

superjonny

22 Jun 2021

also another question, i would want an audio interface that can record the audio of the piano through the balanced xlr outputs left and right and also a microphone in to reason in seperate wav files

would i need an audio interface that has 3 xlr inputs so it can do the left and right and also a microphone
or would one of the xlr's from the piano be enough?

superjonny

22 Jun 2021

******************* this is my consolidated question post ****************

i want to get a usb a-b cable,
and i'm thinking that if i just get a good audio interface that uses asio driver or something similar i can figure out how to make it so the latency is workable.
but i want an audio interface that has 3 things so i can record balanced stereo sounds of the yamaha c4 piano as well as a microphone,

does anyone have any reccomendations?

superjonny

22 Jun 2021

i was thinking behringer 404 actually thanks for help all lol i guess i just had to research

challism

22 Jun 2021

superjonny wrote:
22 Jun 2021
i was thinking behringer 404 actually thanks for help all lol i guess i just had to research
Message from moderator:
Hi Jonny, I changed your username because it appeared to be your full email address. You should still be able to login with the same password, just use username: "superjonny" instead of your full email address. I've also emailed you about this matter. Let me know if you have any trouble logging in. Thanks
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

mcatalao
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2021

Hi Johny.

I have a similar setup from a Roland RD 88.

First and foremost, you will need a good interface. I'd go at least for 8 channels, with balanced inputs (dbvu 18-24). You should think if preamps are important for your usage and get something that can do both things. The market is filled with good interfaces, and it should not be difficult to find something for your needs. However, try to get at least 8 channels, so that you don't have to disconnect your synths every day.

Second, in the case of the CP4 as with my RD88, it already has usb midi. So forget using the card midi interface as it usually adds complexity and I find latency being worse passing through the card.

Good luck!

MC

superjonny

22 Jun 2021

tyty i went with the behringer 404 for now just to try it out, i think 4 channels will be enough

werd about the usb midi

• Information