Anything like the Roland VP9000?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Lempface

20 Jun 2021

So I watched a video on how a guy remade the sound of some Daft Punk vocals w/ the VP9000. One of the interesting things it did that I've not seen anywhere was allow you to put points in a single sample and each key press would then play from the start of one point to the next in a one shot manner. The sampler also allowed for polyphony which automatically pitch shifted and time stretched so poly chords played perfectly. The robot voice effect it has it what appears to have given it that signature sound, so without it I'm sure there is nothing else that would do it exactly like that but I thought maybe putting VocalSynth or some other vocoder after might approximated it.

Any ideas in Reason/RE/VST world what might be able to do this?

For a demo of it in action:
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

BRIGGS

20 Jun 2021

You could try combining grain, neptune, and the vocoder. Who knows, you may end up with something better, and your own.
r11s

Lempface

20 Jun 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
20 Jun 2021
You could try combining grain, neptune, and the vocoder. Who knows, you may end up with something better, and your own.
I'm just not sure how to get it to step through the sample continuously while still changing pitch like that.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

BRIGGS

20 Jun 2021

Lempface wrote:
20 Jun 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
20 Jun 2021
I'm just not sure how to get it to step through the sample continuously while still changing pitch like that.
Yeah, I'm drawing a blank, too. :|
r11s

helmutson

21 Jun 2021

That is exactly what I hoping for the new RS Sampler RE of R12. Combination of the excellent stretch and pitchshifting tools we already have in Reason in one device. Not to forget ReCycle . :thumbs_up:

BRIGGS

21 Jun 2021

helmutson wrote:
21 Jun 2021
That is exactly what I hoping for the new RS Sampler RE of R12. Combination of the excellent stretch and pitchshifting tools we already have in Reason in one device. Not to forget ReCycle . :thumbs_up:
ReCycle who? :lol:
r11s

tallguy

28 Jun 2021

Lempface wrote:
20 Jun 2021
Would Blamsoft Distributor be able to help you here? It allows you to control up to 8 devices using a round robin pattern, so the first note you play gets assigned to the first device, second note to the second vice and so on.

Lempface

28 Jun 2021

tallguy wrote:
28 Jun 2021
Lempface wrote:
20 Jun 2021
Would Blamsoft Distributor be able to help you here? It allows you to control up to 8 devices using a round robin pattern, so the first note you play gets assigned to the first device, second note to the second vice and so on.
I'm sure this could all be wired up but that's such a hassle for each sample you might want to do for a vocal track. Being able to set breakpoints on the sample and then trigger from one device in round-robin fashion is the ticket.

Aquila

29 Jun 2021

I had a play around and got something similar working using Thor's step sequencer triggering each NNXT semitone via CV. A massive hassle, but it does work.

• Information