Reason 12 is coming!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dhruan

19 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
18 Jun 2021
ha ha ha
Better track record than Star Wars.
Good
Great
Crap
Crap
Crap
Crap
Crap
Crap
Crap
Crap
Crap
Crap
Crap
Mandalorian OK
Sorry to go off-topic (apologies...), but is Rogue One included in that list? Of the SW franchise, I like the Original Trilogy the best but I thought Rogue One was a damn entertaining movie with no major flaws. So that one is most definitely not crap (good enough to make me type out an off-topic comment even though I am a major Trekkie instead of a SW fan). :D
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

michael.jaye

19 Jun 2021

If you are saying "Caravan Of Courage: An Ewok Adventure" is crap, then we gonna have a problem.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2021

Here is the only E-Wok I’m interested in
Attachments
42714CD5-C30C-42CE-92FE-11D4C6AAFCAE.jpeg
42714CD5-C30C-42CE-92FE-11D4C6AAFCAE.jpeg (13.07 KiB) Viewed 12421 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

20 Jun 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2021
I wonder what stir fried ewok would taste like. Probably like chicken.
michael.jaye wrote:
19 Jun 2021
If you are saying "Caravan Of Courage: An Ewok Adventure" is crap, then we gonna have a problem.
I think I forgot to include Caravan of Courage. The Star Wars Christmas Special was definitely left off the list, too. Top quality, that one.
dhruan wrote:
19 Jun 2021
Sorry to go off-topic (apologies...), but is Rogue One included in that list? Of the SW franchise, I like the Original Trilogy the best but I thought Rogue One was a damn entertaining movie with no major flaws. So that one is most definitely not crap (good enough to make me type out an off-topic comment even though I am a major Trekkie instead of a SW fan). :D
You mean sorry to remain off topic. We veered off the main topic a long time ago... in galaxy far, far away.
To be fair, I don't think I ever saw Rogue One. I honestly haven't bothered to watch the onslaught of new Star Wars movies that have been released in recent years. I just haven't wanted to put myself thru that. The ones I have seen have been terrible. Perhaps I will give Rogue One a chance.

It's easy to jump back on topic though.... Reason has given us a perfect segue for such a leap: Parsec! Anybody still using that? I wonder if it will be included in R12. There...back on topic.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
20 Jun 2021
MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2021
I wonder what stir fried ewok would taste like.
I heard that wookiee steak is a bit Chewie.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ljekio

20 Jun 2021

is there any rumours about vst3 support?
when we can see it in the Reason?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2021

ljekio wrote:
20 Jun 2021
When hell freezes over?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

20 Jun 2021

ljekio wrote:
20 Jun 2021
I don't think there's any rumours about any standalone features and definitely no official news.

Some did suggest Reason 15, and I would guess that at some point in the future RS will decide to go from Reason is a plugin and a DAW to Reason is a DAW and a plugin rack. ;)

Either way we've had more information about this version than any others in the past.

Personally I prefer the surprise

jam-s

20 Jun 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2021
ljekio wrote:
20 Jun 2021
When hell freezes over?
Or after it has been deprecated for a few years after VST4 has been around for 10+ years (just extrapolating from the track record regarding VST2).

Billy+

20 Jun 2021

jam-s wrote:
20 Jun 2021
Or after it has been deprecated for a few years after VST4 has been around for 10+ years (just extrapolating from the track record regarding VST2).
To be fair 2.4 is still not fully implemented but it's on the todo list, I was hoping to see it in an 11 point update but that's not happening........

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
20 Jun 2021
jam-s wrote:
20 Jun 2021
To be fair 2.4 is still not fully implemented but it's on the todo list, I was hoping to see it in an 11 point update but that's not happening........
11, as Enoch would say, is a “dead product”. No point updates. Accept it and move on with your life. The future is 12.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

20 Jun 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
20 Jun 2021

11, as Enoch would say, is a “dead product”. No point updates. Accept it and move on with your life. The future is 12.
Oh I've accepted it and I don't let it stop my creativity I've worked around it since vst was introduced,

However it has helped make the decision not to buy 12 and concentrate on spending time on learning more about the devices I got in suite.

Maybe one day in the future RS will be able to entice me into upgrading but they are definitely going to have to give me something I actually want not something they think I want......

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
20 Jun 2021
MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2021

Oh I've accepted it and I don't let it stop my creativity I've worked around it since vst was introduced,

However it has helped make the decision not to buy 12 and concentrate on spending time on learning more about the devices I got in suite.

Maybe one day in the future RS will be able to entice me into upgrading but they are definitely going to have to give me something I actually want not something they think I want......
We don’t know everything that 12 will bring :). Maybe there will be something you want :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

20 Jun 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
20 Jun 2021

We don’t know everything that 12 will bring :). Maybe there will be something you want :).
That's correct and exactly what I've said i hope they pull out a blinder and we all get something

I've also said that I would guess sorting out vst2.4 midi is really not news worthy to most RRP users nor is finally getting vst3 as the others are using DAW's that have already got it so there's nothing in either of those being implemented that would sell reason as a plugin.

But I'm definitely not going to be in any hurry to upgrade unlike the last 20 years, this time I'm definitely going to wait and see first.....

guitfnky

20 Jun 2021

expect the worst, hope for the best.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

ljekio

20 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
20 Jun 2021

2.4 is dead, no one new plugins can now be released as 2.4
3 version is must have, but..

Billy+

20 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
20 Jun 2021
expect the worst, hope for the best.
I actually don't think the new found openness that RS have with this release is actually helping at all.

We've heard about hires for months now, then we had Ryan setting the forum on fire with the mention of CMBv2 which was retracted then announced followed by a promo that also revealed a new sampler that was going to be stock rather than €$£99 extra.

Which all sound great especially if you're looking for them features but I much preferred the big reveal rather than the constant hype and as someone who has always preferred Reason standalone I really want them to either shut up or talk about standalone a bit as well.

Billy+

20 Jun 2021

ljekio wrote:
20 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
20 Jun 2021

2.4 is dead, no one new plugins can now be released as 2.4
3 version is must have, but..
That's true except for one reason

Any developer who has a plugin that is 2.4 can and is still selling and updating their product making the standard still viable and worth supporting.

It's only dead when products no longer release 2.4 editions and you've only got to go check shops to see that it hasn't happened yet, there are far more products that include 2.4 and 3 than there is just 3....

I got neutron 3 when it first came out and it still included a 2.4 version....
I brought a new vox plugin released just after 2021 and it included a 2.4 version.....

So it's not dead yet.

Look at it this way, if RS removed 2.4 support and forced you to use 3 only how many of your plugins would have to be replaced.

PhillipOrdonez

20 Jun 2021

A true true colours reveal ITT 🏁

ljekio

20 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
20 Jun 2021
Look at it this way, if RS removed 2.4 support and forced you to use 3 only how many of your plugins would have to be replaced.
even Steinberg did not think of such a nightmare :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2021

ljekio wrote:
20 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
20 Jun 2021
I would be indignant as a consumer.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

20 Jun 2021

ljekio wrote:
20 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
20 Jun 2021
Besides I'm not talking about a new product just an enhancement to the current implementation that allows for Reason to have vst midi routing inline with other DAW's such that software like MiK captain or PiB scaler works.

guitfnky

20 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
20 Jun 2021
ljekio wrote:
20 Jun 2021

…an enhancement to the current implementation that allows for Reason to have…inline with other DAW's…
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. 😢

Billy+

20 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
20 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
20 Jun 2021

…an enhancement to the current implementation that allows for Reason to have…inline with other DAW's…
You might laugh but Mattias has publicly stated that it's on the list of todos, I've linked to the post in my signature ;) and if I'm not mistaken it was he who finally got vst support into Reason in the first place?

guitfnky

20 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
20 Jun 2021
guitfnky wrote:
20 Jun 2021

You might laugh but Mattias has publicly stated that it's on the list of todos, I've linked to the post in my signature ;) and if I'm not mistaken it was he who finally got vst support into Reason in the first place?
I’m just laughing at the idea of ANY updates that are meant to bring Reason into some sort of parity with other DAWs. at this point, most of what they do for the Reason DAW seems like it’s out of necessity, not because they have any desire whatsoever to compete in that space. they HAVE to add VST3 support at some point just to keep the lights on in the DAW. which I guess is sort of good news, but until the DAW gets some real love, all they’re doing is treading water.

• Information