What's more important to you

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.

What's more important to you

Standalone DAW fixes features enhancements
92%
More stock devices
4%
Regular content / sound packs
4%

Total votes: 102
Billy+

15 Jun 2021

Really simple just select your preferred option.

guitfnky

15 Jun 2021

joeyluck wrote:
15 Jun 2021
Is this poll much different than this one?
viewtopic.php?t=7522039
sure. it’s got 50% more options. also, it’s not February anymore, and plenty has happened between then and now.

👍🏼
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

PhillipOrdonez

15 Jun 2021

I want it all. Give me moarrrr 🏁

Billy+

15 Jun 2021

joeyluck wrote:
15 Jun 2021
viewtopic.php?t=7522039
This ones got better option!

besides now 12 has been announced for a September release I thought it might be a good time to get a new one in especially as more established users are speaking out about their disappointment :?

BRIGGS

16 Jun 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Jun 2021
Making music
and....ice cream!!!

r11s

deeplink
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2021

My previous post/poll (referred to in this thread) was a bit vague actually.

It should have been on the lines of,
"Do you want a new distortion device, or a Scream MKii ?"
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

visheshl

16 Jun 2021

I'd like it if they made a factory sound bank b which is optional but you could dl it if you want.
A new optional soundbank with lots of new sounds for all devices.

RoryM0

16 Jun 2021

Poll feels set up to be weighted towards the 1st option. 'standalone DAW fixes feature enhancements' could easily encompass the other two options.

motuscott

16 Jun 2021

I ❤️ :reason: but I'm not holding my breath.
Greetings from Reaperville
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Rising Night Wave

16 Jun 2021

i voted for: Regular content / sound packs
reason has enough power devices and effects. you can do practically whatever you want. if you do not know how you ask or go on google for tutorials. so more sound packs. that's my point of view and use.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

integerpoet

16 Jun 2021

I want a pony. Where's my pony?

orthodox
RE Developer

16 Jun 2021

I'd vote for 'No updates or additions' if there was that option. So that everyone would finally get calm and have made something with all the stuff they already got.

joeyluck

16 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
15 Jun 2021
joeyluck wrote:
15 Jun 2021
viewtopic.php?t=7522039
sure. it’s got 50% more options. also, it’s not February anymore, and plenty has happened between then and now.

👍🏼
Got it. Just a deja vu moment. I did a search because I was sure I had seen the poll recently. Wasn't sure if Billy was aware of it because there was no mention of the other poll from just a few months ago. Anywho. Carry on. I guess we'll need a new poll in a few months after people then get there hands on the new features 😄

Billy+

16 Jun 2021

joeyluck wrote:
16 Jun 2021

Got it. Just a deja vu moment. I did a search because I was sure I had seen the poll recently. Wasn't sure if Billy was aware of it because there was no mention of the other poll from just a few months ago. Anywho. Carry on. I guess we'll need a new poll in a few months after people then get there hands on the new features 😄
Yeah I must have been aware of the other poll as I voted and commented, but it had fell of the radar :thumbup:

And there's definitely going to need to be another poll in September when we all know more ;) how else will we be able to vent about the missing features that we all still want. I'm just hoping that RS pulls out a blinder and we all get something this time round. other than a discount on the extra devices in suite V11 brought me nothing of interest, just the same as V12 is just not doing anything for me.....yet.....

integerpoet

17 Jun 2021

orthodox wrote:
16 Jun 2021
I'd vote for 'No updates or additions' if there was that option. So that everyone would finally get calm and have made something with all the stuff they already got.
Once again this forum needs a Like button.

guitfnky

17 Jun 2021

orthodox wrote:
16 Jun 2021
I suspect the number of people who are sitting here twiddling their thumbs waiting until they get every feature they want before starting to use software they’ve paid for is vanishingly small—perhaps nonexistent.

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
17 Jun 2021
orthodox wrote:
16 Jun 2021
I suspect the number of people who are sitting here twiddling their thumbs waiting until they get every feature they want before starting to use software they’ve paid for is vanishingly small—perhaps nonexistent.
I am most likely judging by myself, but procrastination is a strong thing.

BRIGGS

17 Jun 2021

integerpoet wrote:
17 Jun 2021
orthodox wrote:
16 Jun 2021
Once again this forum needs a Like button.
r11s

guitfnky

17 Jun 2021

orthodox wrote:
17 Jun 2021
guitfnky wrote:
17 Jun 2021

but you’re keeping busy with other related stuff like RE development and the like. to my mind, that’s still being musically productive, since you’re either helping others create their own music, or even just playing around with sounds—usually you learn something useful. maybe a weird way to look at it, but for me, musical output/releases aren’t the only things that make one’s work valuable.

orthodox
RE Developer

17 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
17 Jun 2021
orthodox wrote:
17 Jun 2021

but you’re keeping busy with other related stuff like RE development and the like. to my mind, that’s still being musically productive, since you’re either helping others create their own music, or even just playing around with sounds—usually you learn something useful. maybe a weird way to look at it, but for me, musical output/releases aren’t the only things that make one’s work valuable.
OK, I've only had doubts about the use of this particular poll. Let it be, it's in the Feature Requests, after all (just noticed).

BRIGGS

17 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
17 Jun 2021
orthodox wrote:
17 Jun 2021

When I played guitar, I would practice guitar. Growing as a musican, is part of the process.

Doing anything 'music making' related, is valuable. Down the road, it will only help make better songs.
r11s

guitfnky

17 Jun 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
17 Jun 2021
guitfnky wrote:
17 Jun 2021

When I played guitar, I would practice guitar. Growing as a musican, is part of the process.

Doing anything 'music making' related, is valuable. Down the road, it will only help make better songs.
exactly! I know a lot of artists who think less of themselves because they’re not super prolific/constantly putting out music, but as you say, anything related is valuable, even if it may not be used directly.

BRIGGS

18 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
17 Jun 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
17 Jun 2021

exactly! I know a lot of artists who think less of themselves because they’re not super prolific/constantly putting out music, but as you say, anything related is valuable, even if it may not be used directly.
It's these decisions that define who you are as a person, and a musician.

So...feel free to grab your field recorder and spend the weekend camping in the woods! Or just stay in, and mess with synths for hours. :puf_smile:
r11s

• Information