[TECHNO] REALITY

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

10 Jun 2021

The inspiration for REALITY was old skool ACID house... with 2021 processing capabilities...

KICK - Kick 2
BASS LINE - created in Ana 2
MID BASS - Diva and Ana 2
ARP - Ana 2
Pads - Ana 2

Think I used quite a lot of Ana 2 today.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

11 Jun 2021

SESSION TWO - serious clean up and arrangement journey tidy up. I'm taking it much further down the ACID HOUSE route.
Check my Soundcloud:

craste

11 Jun 2021

Nice track mate, love the vocal it really pops out - what did you use on it processing/effect wise?

That chopped up sound at 4:37 is lovley.

danc

11 Jun 2021

craste wrote:
11 Jun 2021
Nice track mate, love the vocal it really pops out - what did you use on it processing/effect wise?

That chopped up sound at 4:37 is lovley.
Thanks for positives...

STEP 1 - I created a 4-bar midi melodic bass line in ANA 2. This will be used to make bass lines, arps, and lead lines in STEP 2.

STEP 2 - spend about an hour where you twiddle the knobs in the synth and get a really cool sound... when you are happy with a certain sound bounce the 4-bars. Repeat this about 20+ times until you have absolutely loads of 4-bar bounces. Make sure you have created some really dark sounds and some really bright sounds... and make sure you have some short plucky sounds and super lengthy legato type sounds. If you want you can add extra FX on some of these to get something special. But don't leave that effect on all of them.

STEP 3 - Create a track and place the bounces in a very specific order.. from short/dark to long/bright. Now... colour each bounced event from light to dark colours and name them A...B...C...D... onwards. The colour and name will be useful later.

STEP 4 - on this track create a reverb Add a delay of choice (I used NI XT and Reason's ECHO). Automate the mix and feedback and whatever else you. Then add a reverb of choice (I used Valhalla VintageVerb and 2cAudio Breeze)... again automate the mix and size etc. Next add an EQ of choice (I used Pro-Q) and automate the hi-pass and lo-pass filters. You'll need to automate this in the arrangement later. You might want to add some bit-crushers and compressors etc... automate as you wish.

STEP 4 - Now.. start making an arrangement and copy one of the bounced events into the arrangement as you need. There will be a lot of experimentation and automation tweaking of the EQ/delay/verb/etc... to spice things up reverse some of the arranged bounced events (don't reverse the original - make a copy and reverse as you might want to run it forward as well). Anyway... the key here is to make the thing progress organically. You keep the thing smoothly sitting together carefully with EQ and delays/verb etc. I used PSP HertzRider and automated that to give the squeely bell like sounds - this really helps the different bounces stitch together.

STEP 5 - Make copies of the bounced events and make little snippets and stitch a whole load of events together to make really crazy sounds.

STEP 6 - For those that want to go that extra step. Run 2 tracks at once and place multiple bounced events together. For this to work well you'll need each track to have their own EQ and separate the track using EQ... 1 taking low end and the other taking hi...automate this to make it really come alive.

STEP 7 - if you have time and the care to do it... run through STEP 1 and 2 twice with two different MIDI lines... so that when you run STEP 6 you have different melodies running at once - for some counterpoint stylie.

Is that clear enough?

For this track I made lots of bounced events using different synths... ANA 2 and DIVA being my main ones.

The sound at 4:37 was one of the sounds I made with ANA 2 using STEP 2.
Check my Soundcloud:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2021

I like the part starting at 2:35. :thumbs_up:

danc

12 Jun 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
12 Jun 2021
I like the part starting at 2:35. :thumbs_up:
Absolutely agree with you - and so I've switched the whole arrangement around, where this is the beginning. Thanks for the shout out though on this - really helps it millions.

I now want to step back for a day and not touch it... then I'll re-listen with a fresh brain on it... and that will help with the next session where I'll do some final mix work on it to ensure everything at the right levels, EQ etc.
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information