Volume Levels are adjusting on their own

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
LeftyRight

04 Jun 2021

I can't believe what I'm seeing, the stupid recording volume for the input track is adjusting it's self and I need it to STOP. Anyone cross paths w/ that BS?

PhillipOrdonez

04 Jun 2021

That would be remarkable. What's on your signal path and how can you see it adjusting itself?

guitfnky

04 Jun 2021

I had something like this happen to me. faders and other controls would randomly set to strange values. for me it was a hardware issue (caused by a bad graphics card, oddly enough).
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

cymek74

05 Jun 2021

Try unplugging any midi controllers you have, I had a similar thing happen and it turned out to be a problem with my Akai MPD218. I had to do a bit of trial and error tightening and loosening the screws that hold it together, if it was really tight or too loose I would get a similar problem intermittently.
Reason 12, Bitwig 4, Win 10 :recycle: :reason: :re:

LeftyRight

09 Jun 2021

I just got a Scarlett Solo to connect up to the computer / recognized by the software and everything works excellent but I can watch the volume slider on my track that I'm working, take control of my volume and start to throttle me down like a Fn ghost, So I put the ol mousy pointer on the slider and move it up higher and it seems to stop. WTF .... lol what a spook fest

nebraskafire

10 Jun 2021

maybe you recorded some automation on the track?

Creativemind

10 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
04 Jun 2021
I had something like this happen to me. faders and other controls would randomly set to strange values. for me it was a hardware issue (caused by a bad graphics card, oddly enough).
I had a similar thing ages ago too, turned out to be my midi controller.

OP - try disconnecting your midi controller see if solves the issue.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

challism

10 Jun 2021

nebraskafire wrote:
10 Jun 2021
maybe you recorded some automation on the track?
This should be easy to rule out if there is an automation track in the sequencer or if the volume faders have that neon green outline.

I would echo what has been suggested by others, try disconnecting any MIDI/USB devices and start troubleshooting your computer hardware.

Also make sure you don't have a tremolo running. ;)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information