(Hardstyle) Frequencies

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Powder

09 Jun 2021

Hope you enjoy my new track, feedback always welcome. Created in Reason 11.

[media]<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=ht ... frame><div style="font-size: 10px; color: #cccccc;line-break: anywhere;word-break: normal;overflow: hidden;white-space: nowrap;text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: Interstate,Lucida Grande,Lucida Sans Unicode,Lucida Sans,Garuda,Verdana,Tahoma,sans-serif;font-weight: 100;"><a href="https://soundcloud.com/user-839386378-983786669" title="Powder" target="_blank" style="color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none;">Powder</a> · <a href="" title="Frequencies" target="_blank" style="color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none;">Frequencies</a></div>[/media]

After the feedback I got here's a hopefully improved mix, It still isn't perfect but I'm still learning.
Last edited by Powder on 10 Jun 2021, edited 2 times in total.

jam-s

09 Jun 2021

Some quick feedback (listening to it via headphones):

The melodies work for the style, but the mix is pretty off imho: Synth overpowers everything thus the kick and bass are barely audible. The kick itself hat a well pronounced tok but is lacking in oomph and definition. so with some clean-up and work on mix levels, some more risers and ear candy sprinkled in it could become a pretty nice hardstyle track. Maybe a more pronounce breakdown section would also be a good addition.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2021

jam-s wrote:
09 Jun 2021

The melodies work for the style, but the mix is pretty off imho: Synth overpowers everything thus the kick and bass are barely audible. The kick itself hat a well pronounced tok but is lacking in oomph and definition. so with some clean-up and work on mix levels, some more risers and ear candy sprinkled in it could become a pretty nice hardstyle track. Maybe a more pronounce breakdown section would also be a good addition.
I agree on a lot of the points being made here. The track and the melodies themselves are great. But the synths are too loud.
It also feels like the mastering is squashed. Maybe it isn't. But I get the feeling that everything is SCREAMING at me. I get that the track is suppoosed to be aggressive and loud, but everything sounds a bit too distorted for it's own good.

Great tune. :thumbs_up: All it needs is some refinements here and there.

Powder

10 Jun 2021

jam-s wrote:
09 Jun 2021

Thanks for the feedback, It's great to get another opinion and kind of confirm what I thought already but wasn't quite sure.

Powder

10 Jun 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
10 Jun 2021
jam-s wrote:
09 Jun 2021

I agree on a lot of the points being made here. The track and the melodies themselves are great. But the synths are too loud.
It also feels like the mastering is squashed. Maybe it isn't. But I get the feeling that everything is SCREAMING at me. I get that the track is suppoosed to be aggressive and loud, but everything sounds a bit too distorted for it's own good.

Great tune. :thumbs_up: All it needs is some refinements here and there.
Once again, thanks for the feedback. Whether I will try to fix this track or just use the advice on the next one I'm not sure yet. I try to keep everything out of the red and give them space in the mix via eq-ing, I guess I'm just missing something at the moment, every day's a school day though so it's all good.

• Information