Reason Suite 11 crashes on startup

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Martn

09 Jun 2021

Hello everyone!
After contacting the official support a week ago without any response, I've decided to post my issue here: I am running Reason Suite 11 on an 2013 iMac and on a 2018 MacBook Pro (both with latest Big Sur version 11.4). Since a couple of days, Reason doesn't start on my MacBook Pro anymore... When starting, the Reason logo shows, but then I do get an error message and when trying it again, the terminal window looks like the following...
I've already reinstalled Reason, the REs and deleted all relevant library files. Even though I do have a lot of VSTs installed, they do not seem to be the problem as my other DAWs (Ableton and Logic) work perfectly...
Thank you very much for your answers!
Martin
Attachments
pic2.png
pic2.png (256.25 KiB) Viewed 528 times
pic1.png
pic1.png (67.82 KiB) Viewed 528 times

dannyF

09 Jun 2021

Big suprise "Reason Studios" first contribution to the Reason legacy is a buggy app.

But at least Reason+ still works for you so you can download all those new and exciting packs.

Martn

10 Jun 2021

Well, I still hope I can avoid this subscription option... Anyone with an idea? I would really appreciate any kind of suggestion as I do not have the slightest idea...

fullforce

11 Jun 2021

I knew it would be a Mac just by reading the title.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

dannyF

11 Jun 2021

fullforce wrote:
11 Jun 2021
I knew it would be a Mac just by reading the title.
Yah I guess the days of macs being more reliable for music are over.

So he's having issue on his 2018 macbook pro but not on his 2013 imac. Would think it would be the other way around.

And they have not gotten back to him because they are all so busy working on exciting new download packs.

dannyF

11 Jun 2021

this may be a long shot but in your code it looks like there are spaces before some of the folders.

at this line \ Suite\ 11.app

that doesn't look right to me.... can you browse to these folders directly and confirm that they are named that way?

that looks like something the OS might do when it creates alternate version of folders that already exist. ( ie _Suite, or _11.app ).....

I am using Reason 10 so I can't check my own paths... but maybe someone else here could confirm.

Martn

11 Jun 2021

Oh! Interesting fact! I will definitely check that! Thank you!

Martn

12 Jun 2021

dannyF wrote:
11 Jun 2021
this may be a long shot but in your code it looks like there are spaces before some of the folders.

at this line \ Suite\ 11.app

that doesn't look right to me.... can you browse to these folders directly and confirm that they are named that way?

that looks like something the OS might do when it creates alternate version of folders that already exist. ( ie _Suite, or _11.app ).....

I am using Reason 10 so I can't check my own paths... but maybe someone else here could confirm.
OK, so my folder is called "Reason Suite 11"... I do think that this is the correct way to show this folder in finder (because of the spaces)... I have now attached a log file, perhaps someone can decipher it...
Attachments
Crash.rtf
(81.29 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

dannyF

12 Jun 2021

Yah the path looks correct to me.... the backslashes in the code before seem to be escape characters used before spaces in code.

sorry I can't be of any help here

• Information