[Filter House] Attunement

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Quarmat
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2021

Hey there.

THis is the last track I finished.

I tried a more "in your face" mastering, as suggested by some of you that commented my last track.

It's still a mess, I guess, but I believe I made some steps forward, mixing and mastering-wise.

I'd be glad to read your thoughts and critiques.

Thank you and have a nice day!

PhillipOrdonez

08 Jun 2021

Love the bassline.

I think you overdid the in your face thingy with your mix though. It sounds weird to me, and I don't know why exactly.

But yeah, bass! 🕺

Quarmat
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
08 Jun 2021
I think you overdid the in your face thingy with your mix though. It sounds weird to me, and I don't know why exactly.
Yeah, I was afraid of it... but my ears can no longer distinguish the good from the too much, I overlistened this track, producing it. I'll leave it on the shelf for a week and then I'll try to figure out how to improve the mix and to reduce the in-your-faciness.
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
08 Jun 2021
Love the bassline.
Thanks! And thank you for taking the time to listen and comment!

man made material

09 Jun 2021

Cool track, love when the bass hits about 1:25... if you’re wondering about the mix, I’d suggest maybe reducing the compression a bit on the bass but push it wider in the mix, and although you have some lovely panning sweeping sounds, a lot of the mix is very central, so pushing some of the parts wider and to the left or right might buy you a bit of space... the bones of it are really cool though!👌

Quarmat
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2021

man made material wrote:
09 Jun 2021
a lot of the mix is very central, so pushing some of the parts wider and to the left or right might buy you a bit of space... the bones of it are really cool though!👌
Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and comment! I will check the mix according to your suggestions and try to fix it. Thank you!

EdwardKiy

11 Jun 2021

To me this sounds like a song in dire need of a vocal countermelody or just lyrics with a lot of vowels (words) playing around the main line and exploring the upper registers, because those are almost completely empty. Makes the whole thing quite dull as it is now. I'd recommend working on mastering only after you have at least a mock vocal in place, because you will inevitably run into problems of making more or less space for vocals, making adjustments to structure, making synth lead-ins etc. You can, of course, simulate the vocal movement in the upper registers instrumentally, but to me that would be a lot more work.

• Information