(Berlin School / Synthwave) Warmwater Crescent

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
utdgrant

07 Jun 2021

I was relegated to using my old laptop in the living room on Saturday, so I was forced into using Reason 4.0. After overcoming the shock of being deprived of my most beloved third-party plug-ins, I found it very easy to return to the 'limited but unlimited' old-skool workflow of internal devices and MIDI-only recording.

This piece is an unashamed tribute to the late '70s sound of Tangerine Dream, particularly the Encore live album. Sequencers and rhythm are all created on Thor using the internal step sequencer, and Mellotron sounds are all from NN-19. FX: Phaser, Flanger, Delay and Reverb.

(YouTube) Under the Dome - Warmwater Crescent
Grant Middleton (records as "Under the Dome")

:reason: 12, Windows 10, 64-bit

Personal Website

YouTube channel

integerpoet

07 Jun 2021

That phaser! I didn't realize I could recognize it.

hurricane
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2021

70s Tangerine Dream is my favorite version of them, and you nailed their sound. I like this a lot. Puts me in the same moody space as TD. I'd like to hear a version with your 3rd party plugins though, particularly using Arturia's Moog Modular.

Very well done.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

plesio

08 Jun 2021

That is an amazing TD tribute. Absolutely heart warming for me. :clap:
Berlin school fans are a rare species nowadays...

I would love to hear more... :thumbup:
:reason: R11 Suite & R+, what else. I just love it. https://soundcloud.com/user-543016572
Ultimate mixing noob with medical certified lowpass at 9,6 kHz :(
Music is that certain noise you can remember three minutes later...and vice versa.

utdgrant

09 Jun 2021

Thanks for all the kind words! There's still quite an active Berlin School tribute scene these days, if you know where to look.

My personal fave example is Redshift. If you haven't heard them, you're in for a treat! Of course, Mark Shreeve uses a genuine
Moog IIIc to do all the sequencing!

Redshift - Ether (title track), recorded live at Jodrell Bank Planetarium.
Grant Middleton (records as "Under the Dome")

:reason: 12, Windows 10, 64-bit

Personal Website

YouTube channel

• Information