Komplete 13 Collector's Edition. Go for it or wait for 14?

Discuss VST stuff here!
The_Real_DeanC2000

03 Jun 2021

Hi there!
So if you don't know by now there's a sale this month at Native Instruments offering their Komplete 13 updates/upgrades at 50% off. I'm somewhat tempted because I have Komplete 11 ultimate, and so I'm still on Kontakt 5 instead of 6, and everything that the Ultimate package contained.

What's you guys' recommendation on making the jump to Komplete 13? Do you guys recommend staying with Ultimate or going for the Collector's edition? Just for context, I don't use Maschine, so what use are the full suite of Expansions that come with the Collector's edition? Is it worth the extra $100 dollars to spring for the Collector's edition? Thanks.

Dean.

BonsaiMacKay

03 Jun 2021

Hi

Komplete Collectors is totally worth it plus you can use Maschine Expansions directly in Battery or even convert the kits to various different samplers and DAWs without the need of Maschine. Now if you have Maschine, I'd say, why not make the most of it. The expansions are, for the most part, great quality. But also check out what else you will be getting with Collectors. If you yourself need all that, go for it. If you decide to wait until 14 or 15, you will always be able to cop the Collectors Edition.

Check out this video on how to use Maschine expansions without Maschine hardware or software:

https://blog.native-instruments.com/no- ... n-any-daw/

manisnotabird

05 Jun 2021

Isn't it the case as you go from Komplete to Ultimate to Collector's what gets added with each is increasingly orchestral and film score libraries? So it seems like it'd be worth it if that is what you need, and not if that isn't the genre of music you produce.

slic

05 Jun 2021

Kontakt 6 was one of NI's most disappointing updates in my opinion. I actually updated from 11 to 13 to get Massive X, but if I am honest it wasn't worth it as I just don't use most of the stuff, its a lot of filler in my opinion, so unless you really need it don't think its good value at at 50% off- I have fallen for the 'bargain' trap' and then never used what I bought many times! I am also a bit concerned abut NI's direction in general- lost of stuff that really needs updating across all of their software (resizable GUI.,s browser updates, VST3 etc) not getting touched but new sound packs every week- getting ready to go subscription I suspect but their priorities seem all wrong to me...I am loosing a little faith in NI generally.

PhillipOrdonez

05 Jun 2021

I feel disappointed whenever I've bought any expansions. Most of the sounds are filler stuff and not much meat, in my opinion. I guess ni isn't for me, I don't like presets much.

Mistro17

06 Jun 2021

I can get Komplete 13 for $199 but I'm thinking about getting the 13 Ultimate package for the cinematic stuff and pro versions of sessions strings and horns. Only thing giving me pause is I'm wondering if the "essential" versions that come with ultimate are that much less than the full versions in collectors edition. I may just get ultimate and wait for next year's sale to upgrade.

adfielding

07 Jun 2021

I just updated to K13 from K11, mainly for Kontakt 6 but everything else (including Massive X and Guitar Rig 6) is a very nice bonus. I was considering going for Ultimate but, as always, I realised that I don't use everything that's in the regular version of Komplete as it is, so piling more stuff on top of that is probably a bit pointless in my case. Also, do be aware that Super 8 is VST3 only - if you want to use it in Reason, you're out of luck.

Noise
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2021

adfielding wrote:
07 Jun 2021
Also, do be aware that Super 8 is VST3 only - if you want to use it in Reason, you're out of luck.
Super-8 sits on Reaktor to open, so you can use it inside reason!
( i'm trying most of the stuff in NI to make sure I need the half-price upgrade)
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

adfielding

07 Jun 2021

Noise wrote:
07 Jun 2021
Super-8 sits on Reaktor to open, so you can use it inside reason!
( i'm trying most of the stuff in NI to make sure I need the half-price upgrade)
That used to be the case, but the version of Super 8 that comes with Komplete 13 (R2) doesn't seem to be a Reaktor instrument. From the NI site:
The original release-version of SUPER 8 (1.0) was available only for use with REAKTOR 6 (Player and Full License version).

The later version SUPER 8 (2.0) / R2 is now a dedicated plug-in (AAX, AU and VST3), and is no longer tied exclusively to REAKTOR.
Buuuut... they also go on to say:
Please be aware that SUPER 8 R2 is available only in the VST3 plug-in format. If your DAW does not yet support the VST3 format, you still have the option to open SUPER 8 R2 in the KOMPLETE KONTROL VST plug-in (which is still available in VST2 format).
I totally neglected to even try using the Komplete Kontrol VST with it, so I'll be giving that a whirl :)

guitfnky

07 Jun 2021

adfielding wrote:
07 Jun 2021
I just updated to K13 from K11, mainly for Kontakt 6 but everything else (including Massive X and Guitar Rig 6) is a very nice bonus.
GR6 is amazing. it’s got a huge, great-sounding stock of amps and cabs. I particularly love cranking up the mic distance from the speaker to get more room sound. and of course there are a ton of excellent effects too.

one really stupid thing that I still get giddy about is the automatic gate threshold setting. let your guitar sit, so all GR6 hears is the noise floor, click the button, and it sets the gate threshold accordingly. apparently that’s plenty to delight my simple mind. 😂

it’s not perfect in Reason (doesn’t pass keystrokes to the DAW with the window open), but still very usable. works perfectly in other DAWs (well, Live, at least).
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

adfielding

07 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
07 Jun 2021
GR6 is amazing. it’s got a huge, great-sounding stock of amps and cabs. I particularly love cranking up the mic distance from the speaker to get more room sound. and of course there are a ton of excellent effects too.
Shame on me - I haven't even properly fired it up, yet! I picked up NeuralDSP's Nolly a little while ago and, between that and Kuassa's offerings, I've been a happy camper as far as amp sims go. Now I just need to work on being a less crappy guitar player, but that's a whole other topic :)

guitfnky

07 Jun 2021

adfielding wrote:
07 Jun 2021
guitfnky wrote:
07 Jun 2021
Shame on me - I haven't even properly fired it up, yet! I picked up NeuralDSP's Nolly a little while ago and, between that and Kuassa's offerings, I've been a happy camper as far as amp sims go. Now I just need to work on being a less crappy guitar player, but that's a whole other topic :)
I know what you mean—I’ve been playing forever and the struggle is still as real as ever. 😆 I’ve got a few Kuassa sims, GR6, a few other plugins, and a modeling amp for live use. even with all that, I still have my eye on the Cory Wong archetype from Neural. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
05 Jun 2021
I feel disappointed whenever I've bought any expansions. Most of the sounds are filler stuff and not much meat, in my opinion. I guess ni isn't for me, I don't like presets much.
I feel the same way about Komplete as a whole, poor buy for me overall....

Kalm

07 Jun 2021

I have Ultimate. I like it. I mainly only use NI drums at the moment. I was going to move to Collector's but ran out of finances elsewhere so I'll wait till Christmas. I just would rather have everything cause my needs have always been unexpected.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

• Information