Question about importing files

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
gritz

06 Jun 2021

Ok since lockdown my singer sends vox recorded on GarageBand via Dropbox then I pick it up and import to reason
Today vox received were out of sync I disabled the speed still off then upped the tempo to 120 imported the vox slowed track down still out then I exported the song track as a mp3 then imported to reason on a new blank reason screen and imported the vox file still off - fired off text to him telling him what the hell had he done - now in bed I imported both the instrumental and vox files from Dropbox again and loaded into GarageBand on my iPad and both sync up ! Why and what caused this and best method to stop this in reason

pushedbutton

06 Jun 2021

Whenever you import a track you should set the song file tempo first.
Was it recorded at 120?
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

gritz

07 Jun 2021

I assume so - so by re-recording the vox in the bpm of my original it should match ? I will try it

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2021

gritz wrote:
07 Jun 2021
I assume so - so by re-recording the vox in the bpm of my original it should match ? I will try it
Or setting the bpm of your song to the bpm the vocals were recorded before importing.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information