Lectric Panda Generates Malstrom

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
challism

03 Jun 2021

Loque wrote:
31 May 2021
muckmclane wrote:
31 May 2021

Did a little experiment seeing how these patches would sound using a vocoder.
I like it. I would add some glitch, stutter and gates on top of it in random order :thumbup:
I've been getting some excellent results from so many of these patches using Panda's Frtiz effect.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Tiny Montgomery

05 Jun 2021

Hello Lectric

Im having a problem with Quad- there do not seem to be any patches in there...I assume it is for Quad note generator..?

Have downloaded a bunch and everything else is fine. Still loving Evolution btw. Thanks.

xylyx

05 Jun 2021

Thanks for these, Mr Panda.

I do, however, keep hearing Subtractor screaming "why have you forsaken me?!" ;)

rcbuse
RE Developer

05 Jun 2021

xylyx wrote:
05 Jun 2021

I do, however, keep hearing Subtractor screaming "why have you forsaken me?!" ;)
Unfortunately subtractor is one of those stock devices that has its patches wrapped in encryption. Fortunately the combinator patch file does not have that encryption. I have generated subtractors inside combinators, but that has always seemed to me a bit hacky to put into a ReFill...

challism

05 Jun 2021

rcbuse wrote:
05 Jun 2021
xylyx wrote:
05 Jun 2021

Unfortunately subtractor is one of those stock devices that has its patches wrapped in encryption. Fortunately the combinator patch file does not have that encryption. I have generated subtractors inside combinators, but that has always seemed to me a bit hacky to put into a ReFill...
I couldn't help myself. I created a petition: http://chng.it/vbFGYvbSNP
ha ha ha
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
05 Jun 2021
rcbuse wrote:
05 Jun 2021

ha ha ha
Awesome 😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

05 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
05 Jun 2021
rcbuse wrote:
05 Jun 2021

ha ha ha
I think it might be more difficult to understand a binary file without description compared to a human readable file. It's still possible, but much harder, since you need to change a parameter and compare the patches. And if it is encrypted or compressed, its extremly hard, because you need to reconstruct the algorithm or reverse engineer it from Reason code, which is forbidden with a high probability.

But...since the panda has quite a good connection to RS, maybe RS is willing to help here ;-)
Reason12, Win10

Tiny Montgomery

06 Jun 2021

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
05 Jun 2021
Hello Lectric

Im having a problem with Quad- there do not seem to be any patches in there...I assume it is for Quad note generator..?
Can anybody help with this?

Tiny Montgomery

06 Jun 2021

I see there is an RE synth by Rob Papen called Quad so I assume it was for that not QNG. Just love coming to a forum to answer my own questions.

DaveyG

06 Jun 2021

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
06 Jun 2021
I see there is an RE synth by Rob Papen called Quad so I assume it was for that not QNG. Just love coming to a forum to answer my own questions.
If you had waited a couple of minutes more I was just loading it up to confirm what I thought - that it is for RP Quad.
It is. :thumbs_up:

Tiny Montgomery

06 Jun 2021

Thank you Davey, very kind.

Tiny Montgomery

06 Jun 2021

If it existed I was going to go QNG - DUAL ARP - THOR OR MALSTROM - SYNCHRONOUS and just keep switching between Panda's patches.

But I will try Evolution at start instead! First I have to mow an allotment before it rains.

Mataya

07 Jun 2021

Is it going to be able to do something like this?

challism wrote:
26 May 2021
I was really excited to see this! Thank you, Mr. Panda! 20k patches of love for our beloved Malstrom. Who doesn't love Malstrom?

Then I saw that this player is still coming.... and now I am REALLY EXCITED! I've been thinking about this player since you announced it.
It's a little blurry, though. :P
nice.JPG

• Information