Why are you here at ReasonTalk?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!

Why are you here at ReasonTalk?

To keep myself updated about new things in the Reason world: upgrades, new rack extensions, updates, sales, news etc.
14%
To make wishlists and suggestions about Reason.
3%
To learn new things.
11%
To get advice about gear or other music related things.
5%
To be inspired.
5%
I like the Song Challenges.
3%
Because I've got nothing better to do.
3%
To relax. Take a break.
6%
To have discussions with other people.
5%
To share my music.
3%
To listen to other peoples music made in Reason.
4%
Because talking about Reason and gear requires much less effort than actually making music with it.
3%
It's become a habit. I don't even think about it.
5%
To hang out with like minded people.
4%
To promote my products or music. Make money.
0%
To share my opinions.
4%
To read other peoples opinions.
9%
It's a way of socializing.
3%
To be able to talk to the RE developers.
3%
To be able to talk to the people at Reason Studios.
2%
Because I've become addicted to it just like any other social media platform.
2%
I don't even know. Why am I here?
2%
Other.
2%

Total votes: 464
bxbrkrz

03 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
03 Jun 2021
One of the top reasons why I continue to visit ReasonTalk is to ask/answer questions and share knowledge, tips and trick.
One of my favorite things on this forum is when somebody asks something and I get to build a patch/combi/REASON file that helps answer their question. This has happened twice this week and both times the file that I started to help the other user ended up developing into a song/project that I was quite please with. So in the act of helping somebody else, actually helped me. And this is truly the beauty of teaching, which is my chosen profession. On the flip side of that coin, whenever I face a problem or have a question about something Reason/music related, I am never disappointed with the amazing responses (and memes) I get from the people on RT. There is a lot of knowledge in this space. We are all students and also teachers; simultaneously. ReasonTalk gives me a source of inspiration which is unmatched. And the comradery on this forum is pretty cool, too. You guys are pretty good blokes and I enjoy rubbing e-elbows with you all.

PS: What's with all the donut talk in the tread? I'm definitely pro-donut, but haven't had a good one in years. Vietnamese bakeries don't understand the western pallet. Their donuts here are utter crap. :( Sadly, I have to travel all the way to Thailand or Singapore to get a decent donut.
integerpoet wrote:
03 Jun 2021

I utterly loathe advertising of all kinds and I haven't felt spammed here.
You can thank the Mod team for that. We filter out so much spam, it isn't even funny. Well... sometimes it's funny. Sometimes I want to approve some of the posts just for their comic value.
Eating a good donut, or browsing Reasontalk = Happiness 100% :puf_smile:
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

integerpoet

03 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
03 Jun 2021
integerpoet wrote:
03 Jun 2021
I utterly loathe advertising of all kinds and I haven't felt spammed here.
You can thank the Mod team for that. We filter out so much spam, it isn't even funny.

Well... sometimes it's funny. Sometimes I want to approve some of the posts just for their comic value.
Thanks, mod team!

challism

03 Jun 2021

integerpoet wrote:
03 Jun 2021
challism wrote:
03 Jun 2021

You can thank the Mod team for that. We filter out so much spam, it isn't even funny.

Well... sometimes it's funny. Sometimes I want to approve some of the posts just for their comic value.
Thanks, mod team!
Hot off the presses!
1.JPG
1.JPG (244.37 KiB) Viewed 1472 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Auryn

03 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
03 Jun 2021
integerpoet wrote:
03 Jun 2021

Thanks, mod team!
Hot off the presses!
1.JPG
Colour me dissappointed that the negative option is a very polite "disapprove", not "OBLITERATE" or "EVISCERATE" like it should be. ;)
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

challism

03 Jun 2021

Auryn wrote:
03 Jun 2021
challism wrote:
03 Jun 2021

Hot off the presses!
1.JPG
Colour me dissappointed that the negative option is a very polite "disapprove", not "OBLITERATE" or "EVISCERATE" like it should be. ;)
ha ha ha, colored disappointed, as requested.

Jagwah

04 Jun 2021

Great thread Tritone, I am here for many reasons like most are I'm sure.

I must have asked hundreds of questions over the years and I feel sorry for people who are too proud to do that (I know at least one personally). I learn from this and I learn from being told I am wrong and I learn from observing. I am so glad I live in an era where I can connect to like minded people all over the world. I can't pay it forward very often but I'm glad to when I can.

Much respect to the mods and all the users who make this place what it is. I remember how worried I and others were that the community would fracture when Props shut down the official forum, many of us had a 'See you at Reasontalk.com' image in our signatures, really glad the migration was successful, and look at us now! <3

Loque

04 Jun 2021

Maybe we should let the spammers come in and vote. Than the result would drastically change.
Reason12, Win10

challism

04 Jun 2021

Loque wrote:
04 Jun 2021
Maybe we should let the spammers come in and vote. Than the result would drastically change.
ha ha, we are definitely going to need some Russian options for them to vote for.
Not a knock at Russians, we just happen to get a LOT of spam in Russian.

orthodox
RE Developer

04 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
04 Jun 2021
Loque wrote:
04 Jun 2021
ha ha, we are definitely going to need some Russian options for them to vote for.
Not a knock at Russians, we just happen to get a LOT of spam in Russian.
phpBB is the most popular in Russia, so Russian hackersspammers target it the most.
Spammers don't vote, by the way, they have other things to do.

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2021

Originally I stumbled across this forum as a new reason user and found a group of people who were really helpful whenever I got stuck trying to achieve something. I tried to read the manual and watch videos first before asking on here but sure there were a few times people were like "dude you just need to connect x to y etc". Since then I tend to try and help others, lap up all the new info on re's/vst to feed my gas and learn loads of great feedback on the songs I put on here from people more talented than I.

Ps. I also like doughnuts, preferably the hot uk seaside version.

TheGodOfRainbows

06 Jun 2021

I'm here cuz I got nowhere else to go.

But seriously, I'm here because home is where the heart is, and the mods and regular users have always been so helpful. I've learned a lot over the years from these good people. Thanks good people!

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2021

I don't have any friends in real life, so this is a nice place to "hangout" with like-minded people.

plaamook

07 Jun 2021

I guess I'm pretty close to 'no friends in real life'.
My friends are scattered all over the place, or I am, so I don't see people much depending on where I'm at at any given momoent.
This place is a regular hang out regardless of where I find myself.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

WarStar

07 Jun 2021

Love this forum! One of my favorite pastimes is smoking some weed, kick backing the couch, have some background sci-fi show playing while I'm clicking through all the New Posts.. I've learned so much just doing that lol a passive kind of education I guess.. all in all I really like RT and I check it daily actually lol

"Friends...!?! We don't need no stinking friends...!!"

Auryn

08 Jun 2021

plaamook wrote:
07 Jun 2021
My friends are scattered all over the place, or I am, so I don't see people much depending on where I'm at at any given momoent.
aeox wrote:
06 Jun 2021
I don't have any friends in real life, so this is a nice place to "hangout" with like-minded people.
Whilst I do have some friends living in and around Amsterdam dating back to my student years, I don't see them very often as they all have kids these days which causes a kind of disconnect. So I can sort of relate.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

challism

08 Jun 2021

Popey wrote:
06 Jun 2021
"dude you just need to connect x to y"
I think I tried just about every other routing possibility. Why I stopped short of connecting x to y, I'll never know. Thanks for helping out with this solution.

Popey
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2021

challism wrote:
08 Jun 2021
Popey wrote:
06 Jun 2021
"dude you just need to connect x to y"
I think I tried just about every other routing possibility. Why I stopped short of connecting x to y, I'll never know. Thanks for helping out with this solution.
:lol: reason secrets man. Connecting e to z was easy though ;) .

In all seriousness getting my head around cabling stuff was my biggest stumbling block when I first got reason. People here were a godsend whenever I got stuck and couldn't find the answer anywhere. I learnt patching hardware synths before reason so it seemed familiar in some ways but confusing in others.

Jackjackdaw

08 Jun 2021

I dig this quirky community, it's got soul. I like having some shit to read that isn't depressing current affairs news. I like to be able to offer help to people when they need it and I like keeping up to date about new Reason stuff without all the marketing BS.

plaamook

08 Jun 2021

Yeah, I deleted all my Reason emails so I totally reply on RT for news now.
Enoch mentioned feeling like he just wasn't the target audience any longer. Those Props emails just compound that feeling. So I've stuck my head in the digital sand basiclly.

Or here.

plaamook

08 Jun 2021

Auryn wrote:
08 Jun 2021
plaamook wrote:
07 Jun 2021
aeox wrote:
06 Jun 2021
Whilst I do have some friends living in and around Amsterdam dating back to my student years, I don't see them very often as they all have kids these days which causes a kind of disconnect. So I can sort of relate.
Funny thing is I've got a kid and I still feel like that. People raise em in different ways I guess.

Or here.

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2021

There's always something to learn from others.

• Information