[TECH HOUSE] MAD HOUSE

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

02 Jun 2021

After receiving some positives from my last track WE RISE ... and especially Skimrok's comment that he reckons my stuff is now good enough to commercially be published. Thanks Skimrok!! Well - with that super positive comment in mind... I thought I would create something really commercial and current in terms of style. It's super simple but full sounding. Plus I really ensure I put my stamp on it.

I thought I'd make it a mammoth 11 minutes 35 seconds long... the reason why I did this was because I want people to get completely lost in the tune. Think of this as the 12" club version!

There are about 4 melodies going on here - 3 are Diva and 1 is Ana 2. The bass line is something I created in another Diva and the sub bass is Phase Plant.
All sounds are original presets by me.

One thing I wanted to do is go out of tune... literally... and see what would happen if each melody went off in its own tangent. I then do the same with the vocals....all at the same time.... so... keep listening.... it all goes a little off kilter and I reckon it sounds cool when it goes mad.

Kick is Kick 2. Drums - blimey... um... 909 and 808 mostly.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

04 Jun 2021

Session TWO just completed - with a major clean up on arrangement and clean up on the overall mix production ... some subtle and some really blatant.

I've added a new counterpoint ARP melody that is introduced here and there which really helps take you on a varied journey - I felt it needed it as the ARPs so far got a little samey (maybe that was just me listening to the track far too often whilst creating it - anyway.. I think the counter melody helps).

Plus... around 7:00 onwards I take the whole thing into mushed oblivion. Getting darker and lower in volume until it's nothing. I wanted to have a overly long breakdown that you don't normally hear where you just lose yourself.

Plus... I've improved the overall percussion... bringing them from really dry to drenched in verb and delay to really keep them interesting. Plus sorted various EQ issues.

I really appreciated the experience of working with a much longer arrangement allowing me to experiment with ideas (like the complete breakdown to nothing) seeing what worked and what didn't. Everyday is learning day.
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information