WAUBABY Multi-Wah fx (best wah collection that you know by Turn2on)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 499
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 05 May 2021

@moneykube, If you have more than 3 pedals, this is ideal variant, as I think.
But for my own, I prefer to use Arduino with up to 10 pedals input))) Just add for each additional pedal one more stereo Jack and wires.


If anybody think to try Wah Pedal, this solution can work))) Non serious.. but fun

Need iPhone, and paper.
https://beatbars.com/en/cardboard-expression-pedal.html
Download free DIY paper template
:D :lol:

Forgot to say, that if you already have guitar Volume pedal, also enough project on Arduino and Teensy to convert it into MIDI.
Or if you already have
- Volume Pedal
- Expression input hardware,

Image

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 499
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 05 May 2021

Additional idea. Cheap FX processors with USB and and Expression pedal.

Zoom G1Xon
Digitech Element Expo Multi-Effect Processor

Both of them have price under $100 usd, have Expression pedal and USB connectors. Need to read manuals. But may this is possible to use them as USB Expression pedal under $100, with additional hardware effects.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3006
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 May 2021

ha ha ha cardboard with templates ... awesome :lol: :clap:
will have a look at the other two mentioned ... thanks so much for all your input on this subject and sorry if I took thread away from the promotion of the release of your awesome new WAH rack... hmm that image with the volume petal may indeed work for me (the Korg is both a volume and expression petal... thanks again ( bought your new reverb rack as well... great creations coming out fast)
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -


User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 4182
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 05 May 2021

it’s kind of insane that these things cost so much. you can buy a couple of cheap keyboard controllers, which have mod wheels on them for less than a hundred bucks. you can buy four or five expression pedals (with the 1/4 inch connectors) for less than $100. but no one can put the two together in one device for less than $100?

I appreciate that it could be a fun project to put one together myself, but I’d rather not spend the time (and risk screwing or up anyway).
I write good music for good people

https://slow-robot.com/
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 1586
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 05 May 2021

guitfnky wrote:
05 May 2021
it’s kind of insane that these things cost so much. you can buy a couple of cheap keyboard controllers, which have mod wheels on them for less than a hundred bucks. you can buy four or five expression pedals (with the 1/4 inch connectors) for less than $100. but no one can put the two together in one device for less than $100?

I appreciate that it could be a fun project to put one together myself, but I’d rather not spend the time (and risk screwing or up anyway).
It's just a lack of demand I guess. Big manufacturers have to target the mass market. Small manufactures can't afford to sell so cheaply. Sustain pedals are more common because that's what you get on a piano. Expression pedals are a bit more niche so they end up on higher priced keyboards where the overall price can cushion the small extra cost of the extra functionality.

You might be amused to hear that I have a 25 year old large midi keyboard, perfectly functional but for one dodgy key and all it does in my studio is sit behind the desk and act as an expression pedal to MIDI converter. It's not even USB but it does the job. If I looked up what I paid for it I suspect it might be the most expensive expression pedal adapter ever. I have the Behringer thing too and it works brilliantly but it's usually in a different room doing a different job. I might have too many toys. :oops:

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9667
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 May 2021

Also try not to get tunnel vision thinking about expression pedals :)

If the main goal is to have control over effects while your hands are busy playing guitar, there are other ways aside from using your foot...

You could explore breath/bite controllers. Those might cost more, but could be fun and more expressive.

You could even use audio to MIDI with your voice to have amplitude or pitch control an effect if playing with headphones. Then there's things like accelerometer-based controllers...

Pedals are certainly practical. And I can understand as a guitarist, if you're already feeding audio into Reason, you might end up exploring hardware effect and wah pedals instead of controllers. But the benefit of MIDI is you can edit that part of the performance and fine tune it later.

User avatar
integerpoet
Posts: 527
Joined: 30 Dec 2020
Location: East Bay, California

Post 05 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
05 May 2021
I might have too many toys.
That sounded vaguely like words but somehow wasn't structured enough to be intelligible.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 4182
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 05 May 2021

joeyluck wrote:
05 May 2021
Also try not to get tunnel vision thinking about expression pedals :)

If the main goal is to have control over effects while your hands are busy playing guitar, there are other ways aside from using your foot...

You could explore breath/bite controllers. Those might cost more, but could be fun and more expressive.

You could even use audio to MIDI with your voice to have amplitude or pitch control an effect if playing with headphones. Then there's things like accelerometer-based controllers...

Pedals are certainly practical. And I can understand as a guitarist, if you're already feeding audio into Reason, you might end up exploring hardware effect and wah pedals instead of controllers. But the benefit of MIDI is you can edit that part of the performance and fine tune it later.
all true, but coming from a guitarist’s perspective, all less than ideal. could be fun to play around with those control methods, but if I’ve got a guitar part in which I use a wah in my live rig (and I have several), chances are pretty good that I don’t want to relearn how to play that with an unfamiliar controller if I’m recording in the box.

I think a previous poster probably had it right that it’s about demand, but I also think that demand has shifted drastically over the last few years. there are more and more guitarists who want to do everything with some kind of amp sims, or completely ITB. I’m pretty confident that if a company put out a straightforward MIDI expression controller (standalone, without bunches of other buttons/functions), and for a good (sub-$50-60 price), there would be a lot of takers in 2021.
I write good music for good people

https://slow-robot.com/
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 541
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 May 2021

hello,

i think this thread will get me to plug my guitar into reason
i just play random stuff for meditation
to be able to create an expression pedal(s) would be very cool



to put a wahwah on that intro with MrFigg's sitar
and then like a previous post posted
to have more than one expression pedal to control the wah to control the pitch

would it be possible to have one expression pedal controlling the waubaby
and then a 2nd pedal controlling a different effect
and then a 3rd pedal controlling a different effect
and so on, like an expression pedal stomp box
but everything is expression pedals, not on / off switches?

i am new to expression pedals
my controller only has a 'switch' / sustain pedal

cheers,

j

edit: the whole hugo kant out of time album is sensational
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 499
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 27 May 2021

WAUBABY was been updated!
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... multi-wah/
1.1.0video.png
Update v. 1.1.0:
- 7 new pedal models:
a. Legendary original models [XOV 748V, ITALY JN 85, CB CLSC]
b. Artists signature models [WILD Z, BDFF, GZR BLK SBBT BASS]
c. Special models [CARA BASS]
- 9 new frequency range modes
- Bug-fix: Envelope Follower not work
v1.1.0.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 2828
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 27 May 2021

You go Girl!
This and GHammy... for the win!
got my eye on this
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... press-mkii
The Now Sound of MIDI Thru 🧂

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 499
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 28 May 2021

A good option for the usb foot controller!!) I've never seen him before :thumbup:

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7823
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 28 May 2021

motuscott wrote:
27 May 2021
You go Girl!
This and GHammy... for the win!
got my eye on this
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... press-mkii
Beware Line 6. Those mothers make hardware which only works with their own pedals. The expression jacks are TS (mono). Most jacks on Exp pedals are TSR (stereo) and won’t work with Line6 hardware. That was the reason I got rid of my KB37. Worth checking in any case if you don’t have a Line 6 Midi Controller/ Amp.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
WillyOD
Banned user
Posts: 281
Joined: 20 Jan 2015
Location: Left of stardust

Post 28 May 2021

https://www.thomann.de/gb/maudio_expression_pedal.htm

M-Audio EX-P Expression Pedal. 15 euros. Just got one. Seems to work fine with WAUBABY. I stuck it in my Nektar Panorama P6. The pedal has M-Audio/Other mode switch, but for me it works in M-Audio mode.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 541
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 28 May 2021

hello,

with the new update of waubaby and maymadness ending
can anyone name an affordable midi controller that has an expression pedal input please
my current controller only has an on/off switch, not expression pedal
i am not goodgood with knives or soldering irons

thanks for the help

bump

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7823
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 28 May 2021

littlejam wrote:
28 May 2021
hello,

with the new update of waubaby and maymadness ending
can anyone name an affordable midi controller that has an expression pedal input please
my current controller only has an on/off switch, not expression pedal
i am not goodgood with knives or soldering irons

thanks for the help

bump

cheers,

j
How affordable is affordable?
丰2ॐ

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 541
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 28 May 2021

hello MrFigg,

if you could name 2-3
i would greatly appreciate it

and then i'm looking at the price of the m-audio pedal

and then the price of the RE

i would like to see if i can get everything working first
before going ed sheeran and ableton live type stuff

you are the guy that finds the most deals for us here on the forum

i live in brooklyn, usa
shipping is a batch

bump and mahalos,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 499
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 28 May 2021

MrFigg, thank you for info, that Line6 pedals usually mono TS, not TRS. This can be a real pain of unsupported format.
So, Line6 controller by the link is already a USB controller, and of course must work.. External connections on it - is a LAN connector sepcially for Line 6 devices (POD, may be also another L6 hardware).
I can said that this L6 device may be ok with price, but remove Tuner section, and you have total overpriced controller.
This place must be entered in future by Behringer!) Stop))
Behringer FCB1010 is a real pro solution... bad that they dont have half-size controller (5 switch/1pedal)

But real price of expression pedal $15, arduino 10, non-soldering Arduino wires $2, footswitches $2.5 per switch.
Yes, not everbody like to make DIY controller.. but you cant find cheaper solution.

This is crazy, why this primitive kind of usb controolers not have real place on the market, when 90% of guitarists record guitars to PC using software amp/fx processing.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7823
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 28 May 2021

If you do have an expression in on your MIDI keyboard then the M-Audio exp-1 is the cheapest pedal I think. And totally ok.
Nekatar keyboards have sustain and exp ins. And they integrate well with reason.
You could buy the RE now and use it with automation until you get a pedal.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 2828
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 28 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 May 2021
motuscott wrote:
27 May 2021
You go Girl!
This and GHammy... for the win!
got my eye on this
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... press-mkii
Beware Line 6. Those mothers make hardware which only works with their own pedals. The expression jacks are TS (mono). Most jacks on Exp pedals are TSR (stereo) and won’t work with Line6 hardware. That was the reason I got rid of my KB37. Worth checking in any case if you don’t have a Line 6 Midi Controller/ Amp.
If I'm reading this right, your guitar doesn't even plug into this thing, It's just a USB connection for expression, goes into a standard USB thingy.
Overpriced, yes
The Now Sound of MIDI Thru 🧂

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7823
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 28 May 2021

motuscott wrote:
28 May 2021
MrFigg wrote:
28 May 2021


Beware Line 6. Those mothers make hardware which only works with their own pedals. The expression jacks are TS (mono). Most jacks on Exp pedals are TSR (stereo) and won’t work with Line6 hardware. That was the reason I got rid of my KB37. Worth checking in any case if you don’t have a Line 6 Midi Controller/ Amp.
If I'm reading this right, your guitar doesn't even plug into this thing, It's just a USB connection for expression, goes into a standard USB thingy.
Overpriced, yes
Yeah...T2on says it's USB. I didn't get as far as looking at the connections because I turned off when I saw Line6. Never, ever, ever again with those people.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3006
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 28 May 2021

turn2on wrote:
27 May 2021
WAUBABY was been updated!
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... multi-wah/
1.1.0video.png

Update v. 1.1.0:
- 7 new pedal models:
a. Legendary original models [XOV 748V, ITALY JN 85, CB CLSC]
b. Artists signature models [WILD Z, BDFF, GZR BLK SBBT BASS]
c. Special models [CARA BASS]
- 9 new frequency range modes
- Bug-fix: Envelope Follower not work

v1.1.0.png
awesome... thanks
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
Gardinski
Posts: 330
Joined: 04 Feb 2015

Post 28 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 May 2021
Nekatar keyboards have sustain and exp ins. And they integrate well with reason.
Word of warning: Not ALL of the Nektar keyboards have 'expression in'. My Panorama P6 does, but my little Impact LX25 doesn't.

I'm not sure about the newer T4/T6 range. (I think they do, but check first.)

If you already have a keyboard you're happy with, an alternative solution would be the Nektar Pacer. It's a pedalboard which can be configured to control various Reason parameters (as well as functioning as hands-free transport control), and crucially it DOES HAVE an input socket for expression pedal.

You can also use the Pacer to trigger individual bass notes or chords via (say) Chordbank/Chordline, which makes it handy for soloing over if you're a guitarist. Amazon UK currently has them for 160GBP.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7823
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 28 May 2021

Gardinski wrote:
28 May 2021
MrFigg wrote:
28 May 2021
Nekatar keyboards have sustain and exp ins. And they integrate well with reason.
Word of warning: Not ALL of the Nektar keyboards have 'expression in'. My Panorama P6 does, but my little Impact LX25 doesn't.

I'm not sure about the newer T4/T6 range. (I think they do, but check first.)

If you already have a keyboard you're happy with, an alternative solution would be the Nektar Pacer. It's a pedalboard which can be configured to control various Reason parameters (as well as functioning as hands-free transport control), and crucially it DOES HAVE an input socket for expression pedal.

You can also use the Pacer to trigger individual bass notes or chords via (say) Chordbank/Chordline, which makes it handy for soloing over if you're a guitarist. Amazon UK currently has them for 160GBP.
Yeah, T4/T6 have an exp in.
丰2ॐ

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: challism, Trendiction [Bot] and 2 guests